PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Google Earth

anthony31
August 27th, 2013, 22:10
Started up GE today and there are two pink arrows and a grey oval on the screen and my view is being automatically rotated upwards.

Turns out that GE 7.1 update has checked my attached joysticks and thought I would like to use my joystick instead of my mouse (without telling me about it).

Solution turns out to be go to:

Tools/Options/Navigation Tab/Non-Mouse Controller and uncheck the three options there then restart GE.

So, if you ever have the same problem you now know how to fix it and don't have to spend 10 minutes trying to find the solution like I did.

Naismith
August 27th, 2013, 22:20
Yes it's a pain, and the new GE is very unstable on my PC. Move about too much it just vanishes from the desktop and the Task Manager.
Another thing, it is very reluctant to display pictures from the embedded mini icons.

kilo delta
August 28th, 2013, 02:20
Started up GE today and there are two pink arrows and a grey oval on the screen and my view is being automatically rotated upwards.

Turns out that GE 7.1 update has checked my attached joysticks and thought I would like to use my joystick instead of my mouse (without telling me about it).

Tools/Options/Navigation Tab/Non-Mouse Controller and uncheck the three options there then restart GE.

So, if you ever have the same problem you now know how to fix it and don't have to spend 10 minutes trying to find the solution like I did.

Guess who had the exact same issue only yesterday...and I spent the 10 minutes searching for a fix!:icon_lol:

falcon409
August 28th, 2013, 04:02
Yep, same problem a month or so ago. Got it fixed after posting the question here on how to fix it.:salute:

Dangerousdave26
August 28th, 2013, 05:46
What is really funny with this is there is no option to set any controls to the game input. Nor can you choose the one you want to use if you indeed wanted to use one.

With a bit of trial and guessing I found out Google Earth tied the toe brakes on my rudder pedals to the rotation control.

That is about useless. :icon_lol:

The best I could do is balance the braking action to stop the world. Release the brakes and uncontrollable spinning.

Certainly needs a little refining before its of any use.

trucker17
August 28th, 2013, 05:53
I had the same problem......I had to take it out and reload it.

dougal
August 28th, 2013, 06:37
Yup! Me too. Only it took this numpty nearly TWO WEEKS to discover and fix it:isadizzy:
Whoever let that get through should be sacked;-)

SpaceWeevil
August 28th, 2013, 08:18
Thanks for this quick and easy fix, really appreciated - I'd almost given up on the latest GE in sheer frustration.

MarkH
August 28th, 2013, 08:36
Started up GE today and there are two pink arrows and a grey oval on the screen

THANK YOU. I faffed about with GE the other day and eventually switched to a different computer before I could get what I needed. Thought I'd done something dumb...

Victory103
August 28th, 2013, 08:40
Thanks, shut down GE trying to figure this out as I was working on basic airfield scenery updates.

papab
August 28th, 2013, 10:29

Thank you for the fix-it was driving me nuts!
Rick

Dangerous Beans
August 28th, 2013, 13:18
What is really funny with this is there is no option to set any controls to the game input. Nor can you choose the one you want to use if you indeed wanted to use one.

With a bit of trial and guessing I found out Google Earth tied the toe brakes on my rudder pedals to the rotation control.

That is about useless. :icon_lol:

The best I could do is balance the braking action to stop the world. Release the brakes and uncontrollable spinning.

Certainly needs a little refining before its of any use.

I haven't tried it to find out but it wouldn't surprise me if its setup for an Xbox 360 joypad. Most games are these days.

Paul Domingue
August 29th, 2013, 19:40
I have what I think is the latest version 7.1.1.1888 which I downloaded when the version I had prior to this one did not want to work correctly in that it would not update the map and seemed to get stuck. With this new version I have had no problems what so ever and FSX Google Earth Tracker works fine with it.

fsafranek
September 1st, 2013, 08:05
Thanks for explaining what happened and how to fix it. I've been avoiding it lately because it had become pretty much unusable. Pictures load again as well.
:ernae: