DaveKDEN
August 26th, 2013, 17:04
Nice! Many many thanks for your contributions!!! :salute:

beana51
August 26th, 2013, 18:06
Thank you..NICE!

falcon409
August 26th, 2013, 18:33
Thanks, Just finished bringing the Sirocco over from Matinicus Island. About a 40 minute trip, but nice water so it was fairly smooth.

DaveKDEN
August 26th, 2013, 18:34
Just curious, after unzipping I found the "Marshall_Is_Mesh" folder is empty.

falcon409
August 26th, 2013, 19:15
I don't believe it. . .geeze what a dunce. I forgot that I moved it. Ok. . .here's the file, just place it back in it's proper folder and activate as the readme directs, being sure it's below the Island scenery. Sorry folks.

gecko65
August 26th, 2013, 20:30
That's some great looking scenery - the download has begun - THANKS! :ernae:

falcon409
August 26th, 2013, 20:45
Remember to get the mesh "bgl" file from the link above. A revised download will be forthcoming, I sent Rami a PM asking about the best way to update the current file. In the meantime, the "Island Elevation.bgl" file should be placed either in the folder that was in this download (and inside the scenery folder as well) or placed into the main FSX-Addon Scenery-Scenery folder. . .either way will work, it's just that if it's in the "Marshall_Is_Mesh" folder, it will have to be activated in the scenery library (must be lower than the scenery itself).

I feel compelled, because of this mess, to be sure everyone understands about the folder for the mesh, you'd be surprised how many interpretations there can be when I say it needs to be inside the folder and inside the scenery folder. If you've done a lot of this you know how the folder structure goes. . .if not, the Marshall_Is_Mesh folder must have a "scenery" folder inside it. . .and the bgl file goes inside that folder. Long winded I know but necessary based on e-mails I've gotten from folks who downloaded my previous sceneries and asked if they were supposed to replace the "photo01.bgl" file because all the sceneries had the same file name and wouldn't they all look the same.

I'll get the replacement zip file uploaded as quickly as I hear from Rami. Thanks for your patience and sorry for the mix-up.

Francois
August 27th, 2013, 00:41
Picture looks very nice ! I'll see if I can download, install and use it this week......... wish I was retired already !!! :icon_lol::icon_lol:

MCDesigns
August 27th, 2013, 09:23
Nice work Ed! I love photoreal islands and the mesh makes a big difference (tried it without first, LOL)

I think I am seeing the default coastlines, did you exclude everything and draw the island from scratch?

http://imageshack.us/a/img16/7987/4uu1.jpg

rdaniell
August 27th, 2013, 10:58
If I could make vehicles, I'd do this for Falcon so he could place it as a static object on Marshall Island.

RD

TuFun
August 27th, 2013, 11:08
Beautiful island Ed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvRq59M_wkY

falcon409
August 27th, 2013, 17:03
Nice Video. . .and a shameless plug for the "Howard", lol (which, by the way. . .everyone should have...Tufun did an amazing job on it). I did notice (from a distance) that the "Stewards Residence" next to the Cub isn't showing. I have uploaded a revised zipfile and Rami will be deleting the original...not sure how soon that will happen. . .I just finished the new upload.

TuFun
August 27th, 2013, 17:13
Nice Video. . .and a shameless plug for the "Howard", lol (which, by the way. . .everyone should have...Tufun did an amazing job on it). I did notice (from a distance) that the "Stewards Residence" next to the Cub isn't showing. I have uploaded a revised zipfile and Rami will be deleting the original...not sure how soon that will happen. . .I just finished the new upload.

I know, that Howard kept getting into my cameras view, lol! I'll give it another shot with the new version (with out aircraft).

falcon409
August 27th, 2013, 21:12
Version2 is available now. The original was still there also when I last checked, but the newer version is slightly larger and I'm sure Rami will get the old one out of there soon.

TuFun
August 27th, 2013, 21:17
Version2 is available now. The original was still there also when I last checked, but the newer version is slightly larger and I'm sure Rami will get the old one out of there soon.

Thanks Falcon... version2 now installed will test tomorrow!