PDA

View Full Version : Posting videos

falcon409
August 25th, 2013, 21:01
I did a quick video this afternoon to show the scenery I'm working on. I thought it would be a better way to show it rather than a few screenshots. . .good idea. I have a very basic knowledge of editing and since this was narrated first hand as I flew, I just saved it as a wmv file that was about 200meg (that was the smallest that MovieMaker could make it. I thought I could just post it to the forum in a thread and have it just start playing as soon as someone clicked on it. . .nope, I tried that, but only after it took an hour to upload it to the thread. When I clicked on it to start. . .nothing happened, then I noticed what it was doing. . .it was going to take 5 minutes for it to load before it would play. How do you guys do it? This one was 5 minutes long. . .I know I have seen others here that were longer and started immediately.:isadizzy:

Hughes-MDflyer4
August 25th, 2013, 21:15
You could always just upload the video to YouTube and post a link/embed it into the post after uploaded there (does vBulletin support embedding?).

falcon409
August 25th, 2013, 21:21
Ok, having a bit of a problem with YouTube and Google right now. After years of signing into Youtube, saving videos, sharing comments etc, now Google sticks their nose in it and tells me that my domain Administrator (cableone.net) has not activated usage for youtube. What?

So I'm calling Cableone in the morning to find out why. Thanks for the suggestion.

falcon409
August 26th, 2013, 07:45
Heck with the video, I'll figure it out later. Here are some images from the just completed Marshall Island. This is a kind of interactive scenery, not as detailed as what the real pros produce, but still a place that you can explore a bit rather than just fly in, turn around and fly out to someplace else.

falcon409
August 26th, 2013, 09:19
Ok, let's try this again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDQiimSn0bE&feature=youtu.be

TuFun
August 26th, 2013, 09:47
This will make a nice flight from MCD Old Action Airfield to Marshall Island!

Thanks Falcon!

rdaniell
August 26th, 2013, 09:55
Nice video! I have to tell you'll that this is going to be a real :jump: treat for everyone when Falcon releases it. He and I share our WIPs with each other and I got a chance to take a sneak peek at it.

Great job Falcon:applause:

RD

falcon409
August 26th, 2013, 10:51
Thanks guys. I have completed work as far as I think it needs to be for release. I have to accept that the trees will be a problem and I don't see any way around that. Every person sets their sliders differently and when that happens, trees either disappear or become more pronounced. Even on my sim. . .I have the trees placed quite a distance from the hiking paths and yet with my sliders full to the right. . .there are trees on the paths that are not there, or even close in the Annotator. I could spend another week trying to weed out the single trees causing problems. I considered placing vegetation "objects" close to the trail to make it more realistic and fill in the large areas along the trails that are void of any trees, but that would mean that during seasonal changes those trees would remain green while the others changed. You can tell from the photo ground texture that the Island is heavily populated with trees (mostly Spruce according to info I found), so even at my highest setting the Island isn't as dense as it should be. I may ponder this for a bit and decide before I package it up later on this evening.