PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain how to fix this.

trucker17
August 25th, 2013, 17:35
For the last 3 days I have had all my Taxi and Tarmacs looking like this.....This is happening with all The runways and tarmacs, grass tarmacs and taxi ways are not effected.....

http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag114/craigteague/2013-8-25_18-4-1-722_zps5233e3a3.png (http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/craigteague/media/2013-8-25_18-4-1-722_zps5233e3a3.png.html)

Walter
August 25th, 2013, 18:14
Looks like you are missing the asphalt texture. Don't quote me on that, though.

trucker17
August 25th, 2013, 19:23
Looks like you are missing the asphalt texture. Don't quote me on that, though.

I'll check into that walter...Thx.....

Dave Torkington
August 26th, 2013, 01:43
Definitely a missing taxiway texture there, or a very bad oil leak :wiggle:

First, check that you have the original files in your FSX\texture folder named:

taxi_asphalt.dds
taxi_concrete.dds
taxiway_marks.dds
taxiway_detail.bmp

I had your exact problem a while back and found a set of replacement textures on Avsim - why not try these and see if it solves your problem?

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=121301

File is called taxitexturex.zip

Regards, Dave.

trucker17
August 26th, 2013, 12:42
Thanks guys for the help......Searched the texture files, and found that the taxiway and tarmac BMP's were missing.....
Was able to replace them with copies of the asphalt and concrete textures renamed them and they worked perfectly.

TARPSBird
August 26th, 2013, 14:44
Always amazes me how these flight sim gremlins pop up and you have absolutely no idea what you did (if anything) to cause them. :icon_lol: Glad you got it sorted out, trucker17.

trucker17
August 26th, 2013, 15:27
Always amazes me how these flight sim gremlins pop up and you have absolutely no idea what you did (if anything) to cause them. :icon_lol: Glad you got it sorted out, trucker17.

Yeah....That's the truth....I haven't done anything, I was landing at an airport, and just before final they went black.......Glad its fix as well....without having to reinstall everything....:icon_lol:

Lionheart
August 26th, 2013, 19:40
Also.... if you have Rex, that is one of their textures (optionals). A new, fresh coating of tar (blacktop) will look like that. Mine does right now, exactly like that. So...... another option, if you have Rex, is to do a change in your textures. You can rotate out the ground texture options fairly easily.

Bill

trucker17
August 26th, 2013, 19:48
Also.... if you have Rex, that is one of their textures (optionals). A new, fresh coating of tar (blacktop) will look like that. Mine does right now, exactly like that. So...... another option, if you have Rex, is to do a change in your textures. You can rotate out the ground texture options fairly easily.

Bill

Thanks for the info....
Sadly I don't have REX.....Except on my home computer.....

JoeW
August 27th, 2013, 05:45
My 2 cents ....... I used to have a IP Provider that was local, and I had a problem with default textures going bad. I made a copy of of a good set and named it "replacement_textures".
About 2 months later I went to that folder and looked and about half were not viewable. This was a copy and was not used by the program !! How did they get Corrupted?
I restored all the textures from the disk and also made my backup copy .. Again.
3 Days later the backup copies were corrupted again. Then I noticed that my computer was slowing down at times. I started to shut down the modem when I'd notice it slow down. Then I got a call from my IP saying they needed to check my modem and could I bring it in.
I found a new IP and all that trouble ended. Someone at that IP was going into my computer and corrupting the textures.
I'm not saying that that's what is happening to you but it could.

trucker17
August 27th, 2013, 08:33
My 2 cents ....... I used to have a IP Provider that was local, and I had a problem with default textures going bad. I made a copy of of a good set and named it "replacement_textures".
About 2 months later I went to that folder and looked and about half were not viewable. This was a copy and was not used by the program !! How did they get Corrupted?
I restored all the textures from the disk and also made my backup copy .. Again.
3 Days later the backup copies were corrupted again. Then I noticed that my computer was slowing down at times. I started to shut down the modem when I'd notice it slow down. Then I got a call from my IP saying they needed to check my modem and could I bring it in.
I found a new IP and all that trouble ended. Someone at that IP was going into my computer and corrupting the textures.
I'm not saying that that's what is happening to you but it could.

Thanks for the information.....I'll look into that.