PDA

View Full Version : VF-19 Satan's Kittens - New Campaign uploaded

Captain Kurt
August 24th, 2013, 15:28
Hi all

You've all seen some of the skins I did recently for this, now I've just submitted my latest campaign. It's a historical recreation of the US Navy VF-19 "Satan's Kittens" fighter squadron's deployment aboard the USS Lexington during 1944. The Kittens flew the F6F-3 and F6F-5 Hellcat using the call sign "Mohawk". The 31 missions represent actual missions researched from several sources Capt. Hugh Winters' book "Skipper: Confessions of a Fighter Squadron Commander", 'MacCambell's Heroes" by Edwin Hoyt, the VF19 cruise log and the Lexington catapult operations log book.

Hope you'll enjoy it.

Talon
August 24th, 2013, 15:44
Many thanks for your work Captain Kurt.I'm going to fly this one for sure.

Hooraw
August 24th, 2013, 23:10
Hi all

You've all seen some of the skins I did recently for this, now I've just submitted my latest campaign. It's a historical recreation of the US Navy VF-19 "Satan's Kittens" fighter squadron's deployment aboard the USS Lexington during 1944. The Kittens flew the F6F-3 and F6F-5 Hellcat using the call sign "Mohawk". The 31 missions represent actual missions researched from several sources Capt. Hugh Winters' book

We'd be lost, a long time ago, if it weren't for supporters like you.

Rami
August 25th, 2013, 03:08
Kurt,

Your work on this campaign is nothing short of outstanding. Working on something like this myself, I understand fully the amount of research it takes to really do a historical campaign. And I'm sure that many Pacific fans are already warming up those R-2800s on the carrier deck.

After I finish flying Talon's two campaigns, I'll add this to my "must fly" list.

Jagdflieger
August 25th, 2013, 09:55
Thanks Captain!!!!

Finn
August 25th, 2013, 11:06
Right now you are almost making those magnificient campaigns faster than I can fly them. THANK YOU Capt'n
Finn

kelticheart
August 26th, 2013, 01:02
Great!

:applause: :jump: :applause: :jump: :applause: :jump: :applause:

Thank you, Captain! Another nice effort to keep interest in CFS2 high!

Cheers!
KH :ernae:

Captain Kurt
August 29th, 2013, 12:51
Thanks all,

Any feed back once you've flown it would be appreciated.

bearcat241
August 30th, 2013, 03:00
I'm almost finished with Talon's USMC/CAF campaign. Meanwhile, i'm also in the process of setting up a proper PTO `44-45 install, which will include your VF-19 camp as well. I decided a separate install was needed after Maskrider's most recent efforts in the Marianas and the DEI, which updated the regional scenery from stock and add-on 1941-43 to the 1944-45 period. Seems the best way to keep my scenery libraries organized without a lot of activation/deactivation and conflicts when flying between the two periods.

Its good to have a new Hellcat campaign to play with...Thanks:wavey:

Ghostrider
August 30th, 2013, 17:16
Must have! Thank you, CK!

Shadow Wolf 07
September 1st, 2013, 05:40
Thank you Captain. I'm looking forward to trying this one out.

DvlHownd
October 1st, 2013, 19:41
Just awesome! Your hard work is evident and much appreciated.