PDA

View Full Version : Reply Linda Ronstadt: I have Parkinson

beana51
August 23rd, 2013, 18:22
Grammy-winning singer Linda Ronstadt has revealed to AARP that she has Parkinson's disease.

In an interview to be published next week on AARP.org, Ronstadt, 67, says that she realized something was wrong eight years ago when she found herself unable to sing and didn't know why. Can only wish her well,Sings beautiful Mexican songs....Vin

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGk12Fp0-Mw (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGk12Fp0-Mw)

Jagdflieger
August 23rd, 2013, 20:36
What a shame. She was sure the sweetheart of the radio waves in the 70s.

Isn't Parkinson's disease at an all time high?

Rudyjo
August 24th, 2013, 00:46
I saw Linda in concert back in the 70's.
She was on tour with the Eagles and Jackson Browne. The whole concert lasted almost 4 hours.
I can imagine what that concert would cost now.

Duckie
August 24th, 2013, 07:36
Hate to hear that. I saw her a few times in the early 70s. The most memorable was at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta. First time EmmyLou Harris opened for her. One feature was She, EmmyLou and Andrew Gold, her piano player at the time before he went solo, performed "By the Rivers of Babylon". Became a huge EmmyLou fan that night.

Skyhawk_310R
August 24th, 2013, 08:08
There was a time when she was a sweet, very cute, and extremely talented singer with an amazing voice and range.

Then, she decided to reveal a very judgmental and intemperate nature, very wiling to ridicule those who don't see life exactly as she does.

While I am very sad to see her suffer, later in her life, she hasn't been the least concerned with turning her back on others and burning bridges, including getting audiences at her shows upset. The Aladdin in Vegas experienced a rather unfortunate episode as a result of her actions.

Ken

huub vink
August 24th, 2013, 09:48
What a shame. She was sure the sweetheart of the radio waves in the 70s.

Isn't Parkinson's disease at an all time high?

Sadly Parkinson's disease is a quite common disease. Looking at the (possible) causes and taking the fact in account the world population is still getting older, make me think we haven't seen the top of the mountain yet. The fact we are not often confronted with the disease, is most like caused by the social isolation, which is the fate of many with the disease.

About Linda Rondstadt...... Unbelievable round eyes surrounded by a frame of beautiful dark hair. I hated her voice and her songs weren't really my taste, but the looks......... :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

Repairing motor cycles with "I never will marry" (Simple dreams) in the background, precious memories from long ago.

Cheers,
Huub

Tako_Kichi
August 24th, 2013, 11:01
Linda Ronstadt is one of those singers who can master many different genres and there aren't many of those around.

I've always liked her operatic skills and have watched the movie version of 'Pirates of Penzance' (she plays the lead female role) numerous times.

PRB
August 24th, 2013, 12:43
Glen Fry said, in the "History of the Eagles" documentary, that Linda Ronstadt had one of the best voices, ever. I agree. Sad news indeed. I wasn't aware of the unpleasantness at recent appearances. Glad I wasn't.

Naismith
August 24th, 2013, 16:11
http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/a/aladdin.htm#.UhlLZo1rZhE

Seems a bit of a storm in a teacup.

I like her very much and she has/had a very versatile voice which is how we should judge her.

Skyhawk_310R
August 24th, 2013, 18:22
The Las Vegas News Journal reported it differently.

I'll leave it at that!

Ken

PRB
August 25th, 2013, 06:59
This is still one of my favorite songs ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfX9uU_KIzs