View Full Version : FTX: EU Northern Ireland Released

YoYo
August 22nd, 2013, 21:43
New scenery from FTX: http://www.fullterrain.com/product_eunir.html

but its not whole Irland, just small part (will by in 3 parts, hmmm?):

http://www.fullterrain.com/images/uk_location9.jpg

CG_1976
August 22nd, 2013, 22:27
Will have to pick this up, thanks for the HU. Hope they do a Ireland to boot.

YoYo
August 22nd, 2013, 23:08
Yes but I think a little thats very expensive FTX (cover scenery) addon. Why? Normal BIG scenery of FTX cost near 37$ with 78.000 sq - 100.000 sq km. Here its only 30.000 sq km with price near 30$. So a little "ups" if we campare old kind scenery of FTX twice bigger. For me, for customer better to sell whole Irland island in one package and bigger price. This is look than They want to divide Island for 3 parts (each perhaps near 30$). I stay with FTX Global here.

Firekitten
August 23rd, 2013, 00:00
3 parts... absolute Joke! Money grubbing bastards! As much as I want it, I refuse to pay for this daylight robbery. 3 bloody packs for a place that size? Two would be bad... 3?
*sigh* I hate this.

TheGrunt
August 23rd, 2013, 00:36
I really don't know if I'm ever going to buy ORBX NI, but I don't actually quite get the complaints of the price vs size here. There are lot's of even smaller areas in the market, like single islands, cityscapes or even single airports that cost as much as this and people buy them happily.

And if one thinks that addon is not beneficial or price is not right, it is quite easy just not to buy it without getting p***ed off.:mixedsmi:

Just my 2 cents...

gavinc
August 23rd, 2013, 00:56
3 parts... absolute Joke! Money grubbing bastards! As much as I want it, I refuse to pay for this daylight robbery. 3 bloody packs for a place that size? Two would be bad... 3?
*sigh* I hate this.

Firekitten - just a point of order - the idea that Ireland would be released in 3 parts isn't something that has been announced by Orbx, it was simply a supposition by YoYo based on the fact that they released Northern Ireland separately.
Orbx usually releases their European products on a country by country basis (ie England, Scotland & Wales were all separate releases) and since Northern Ireland is a separate country from Ireland it is internally consistent with their previous approach to separate out Northern Ireland from Ireland.
According to the Orbx public roadmap Ireland will be released in December, there is no comment about it being divided into multiple sections.

I don't disagree that the price is a bit steep for what you are getting.

I don't have any relationship with Orbx other than customer but I don't like seeing vendors getting grief for things they haven't done. Abuse them all you like for things that are valid (like the price of Northern Ireland).

thanks
Gavin

Firekitten
August 23rd, 2013, 01:40
Yes, I see your point there... but even two is tiny... Do you really appreciate how small NI is? or Wales? You can drive across them in under an hour. I appreciate there approach to countries, but isn't that a LITTLE off form considering US stuff was canada/usa?

In the UK its a cheeky way to make more profit. The UK is NI, Wales, Scotland and England... one 'nation' internationally. ROI... sure, its different. I could have handled England and Wales, Scotland, and Ireland realistically... its a more natural break rather than a clear cut attempt to make a buck out of their customers. NI is absolutely tiny... nowhere near the majestic terrain of even Wales, its flat, its about a quarter cities and towns, lots of samey fields and quite a chunk of water too. In terms of effort needed the time taken to turn UK, Wales, Scotland and NI out is quite telling compared to other FTX regions.

US, Canada, Aus, NZ... they all took quite a long time and the price was due to the effort needed.... the UK reason for the price is '0h its more effort in a smaller space'... but takes a quarter of the time?

I'm reaching the end of my tether with FS payware and figure in the air pricing. Perhaps its time we start thinking with our credit cards not with our hearts.... because its taking the mickey. Sadly some will still buy it anyway and undermine the majority.

stiz
August 23rd, 2013, 02:26
your not the only one that think there just out for money now ... even if you just compare the price to the england/wales/scotland stuff its a rip off. Its tiny compared to England and scotland (which is smaller than england and yet somehow costs more?), and half the size of wales, yet still costs the same?? As for other scenery packages ... South Alaska costs just a couple of quid more .. and yet covers a massive area many times the size of NI ...

noddy
August 23rd, 2013, 04:37
When the photorealistic scenery was realised it was done in two parts for Southern Ireland not sure if Northern Ireland has been released.

mmann
August 23rd, 2013, 04:59
Well at least the FTX EU Northern Ireland region is more than just Northern Ireland which is 14,000 sq km. Orbx says this region is over 30,700 sq km!

Firekitten
August 23rd, 2013, 05:55
They may have snafu'd the size... or counted the water! because that map shows only NI... not the northern tip of the ROI inc Donegal etc... Its certainly tiny.

kilo delta
August 23rd, 2013, 06:38
Re size discrepancies...

Perhaps FTX is privy to UK plans for a land grab of a few more counties?* :P

I'll most likely pick this up in the coming weeks as NI has been overlooked pretty much thus far in FSX.

*They can have Cavan and Leitrim and we'll negotiate on Westmeath, if they can find a way of moving it north.:icon_lol:

Firekitten
August 23rd, 2013, 06:39
They can take Cork too... nobody will miss Cork.

kilo delta
August 23rd, 2013, 06:53
Well...that's a Republic unto itself. I'm sure the Orbx will have have a separate FTX Cork in the pipeline too. :p

Firekitten
August 23rd, 2013, 07:06
Cork... the true capital of Ireland... Yeah, they can have their own special 'FTX World according to Cork' edition. Still... looking forward to a decent rendition of the Islands... Finally a purpose to my little fictional enterprise!

http://i317.photobucket.com/albums/mm365/rosefern_album/craggygoose1_zpsebc731bf.jpg~original

kilo delta
August 23rd, 2013, 07:20
Cork... the true capital of Ireland... Yeah, they can have their own special 'FTX World according to Cork' edition. Still... looking forward to a decent rendition of the Islands... Finally a purpose to my little fictional enterprise!

Hahahahaha... love it! :icon_lol::guinness:

Bjoern
August 23rd, 2013, 09:28

[image]

(FECK! ARSE! GIRLS!) DRINK!

Firekitten
August 23rd, 2013, 10:00
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! NUNS! REVERSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Bjoern
August 23rd, 2013, 11:55
"I hear you're a racist now, father."

Great series! Graham Lineham is nothing short of a genius!

Matt Wynn
August 23rd, 2013, 12:34
"I LOVE MY BRICK!"

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcdimkOJAr1rsc4uqo1_500.png

back on topic... glad to see Ireland getting some attention, had some of my most fun times 'South of the border'..... so this is a definite must-have for me, thanks for the H/U :salute: