PDA

View Full Version : AgustaWestland EH101v2

FSX68
August 22nd, 2013, 14:11
Complete Aircraft

The EH101 one of the world’s best helicopters, but Microsoft did not put much effort into this model and it lacked a lot of stuff. I have reworked many areas of the helicopter to make it more like the real world aircraft.

1. Reworked the aircraft configuration flight dynamics to stabilize the engine surging that occurs with the default aircraft.
2. Reworked the air file to make the aircraft handle more realistically.
3. Added a couple of landing lights on the rear struts found on the Asian and S.O.P. operators of aircraft.
4. Added heat and exhaust effects to all three engines.
5. Added new reflective strobes that double flash off body of aircraft.
6. Added two working radars that will track aircraft. 1st the Pilots radar has tracking for aircraft only. 2nd the Co-Pilots Radar has tracking for airports, land mass terrain following, aircraft, NDB’s, VOR’s, airport I.D.
7. Added Radar controls for both systems within the VC.
8. Added easy to read MFD and PFD screens
9. Moved engine read gauges to lower level
10.Added Helmet Mount Display (HMD or HmountD) with mouse clickable switches with groundspeed that will read in negative (reverse) flight and useable timer.
11.Added radios (Default Extra 300)
12.Added pop up GPS
13.Added pop up door control gauge, for quick access to aircraft.
14.Added pop up light switch.
15.Added switch-able vocal ground proximity warning system with fire alert, rotor low / high alert, under carriage alert, altitude alert
16.Added auto-hover gauge.
17.Added pop-up radar control for ground track system.

Now for the legal stuff:

I did not create these files, I only put them together. The original models are by Microsoft all credit for there creation must go to them. Now what I did is reworked the air and configuration file for FSX tied the sound to the default EH101 created a new panel added a heat effect to the engines.

I am not responsible for any damage that these files my cause, if your computer detonates, erupts, falls to pieces it’s not my fault. These files are freeware and cannot be used for profit, nor can any money be made from them. The copy rights are that of the original owners and all applicable laws apply to them.

Play with it, hack it, do repaints, give to friends or enemies, but do not make money off of it without my express approval.

It may not be sold or bundled! These files are not warranted in any fashion.
The author has taken all precautions possible and has found no damage to any
System with them, but make no warranties as to function, applicability,
Or as to damage to any system on which they are placed.

Questions, Comments or Suggestions:

Contact
David Robles

After reading the above LEGAL info, I don't see why this can't be posted here.

so here is the link

http://www.fs2000.org/category/downloads/aircraft/

also a link to better lights for it

http://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2018/fsx-acceleration-eh-101-lights/

Meshman
August 22nd, 2013, 14:29
I am confused. Are you taking files that were a part of the Acceleration add on package and redistributing them? I can see offering up modified .AIR files, but are you including the MDL files, paints and the likes?

FSX68
August 22nd, 2013, 14:44
I am confused. Are you taking files that were a part of the Acceleration add on package and redistributing them? I can see offering up modified .AIR files, but are you including the MDL files, paints and the likes?

Sir,

I tried to cut and paste what the author said HE DID. Perhaps if you reread his readme. I don't think there was any wrong doing here.
Again these are HIS words as to what HE did.

1. Reworked the aircraft configuration flight dynamics to stabilize the engine surging that occurs with the default aircraft.
2. Reworked the air file to make the aircraft handle more realistically.
3. Added a couple of landing lights on the rear struts found on the Asian and S.O.P. operators of aircraft.
4. Added heat and exhaust effects to all three engines.
5. Added new reflective strobes that double flash off body of aircraft.
6. Added two working radars that will track aircraft. 1st the Pilots radar has tracking for aircraft only. 2nd the Co-Pilots Radar has tracking for airports, land mass terrain following, aircraft, NDB’s, VOR’s, airport I.D.
7. Added Radar controls for both systems within the VC.
8. Added easy to read MFD and PFD screens
9. Moved engine read gauges to lower level
10.Added Helmet Mount Display (HMD or HmountD) with mouse clickable switches with groundspeed that will read in negative (reverse) flight and useable timer.
11.Added radios (Default Extra 300)
12.Added pop up GPS
13.Added pop up door control gauge, for quick access to aircraft.
14.Added pop up light switch.
15.Added switch-able vocal ground proximity warning system with fire alert, rotor low / high alert, under carriage alert, altitude alert
16.Added auto-hover gauge.
17.Added pop-up radar control for ground track system.

I don't see anything here that you are asking about. If I have committed a mortal sin then I offer a Mea culpa.

and AGAIN he said this in HIS readme:

Now for the legal stuff:

I did not create these files, I only put them together. The original models are by Microsoft all credit for there creation must go to them. Now what I did is reworked the air and configuration file for FSX tied the sound to the default EH101 created a new panel added a heat effect to the engines.

FSX68
August 22nd, 2013, 14:50
If you have shockwave lights, make changes to light 13/14 as per below for the 22 degree down light effect

light.13 = 5, -38.75, -6.23, -2.00, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow_down_22 // Shockwave light
light.14 = 5, -38.75, 6.23, -2.00, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow_down_22 // Shockwave light

TheGrunt
August 22nd, 2013, 14:51
We discussed PM about the subject with FSX68 and according to his findings of MS EULAs/whatever, this is not forbidden. OZx Goose Redux is very similar creation, so I don't see a problem here also like I also thought at first.

MCDesigns
August 22nd, 2013, 15:01
We discussed PM about the subject with FSX68 and according to his findings of MS EULAs/whatever, this is not forbidden. OZx Goose Redux is very similar creation, so I don't see a problem here also like I also thought at first.

Interesting, I can see modifying some files and such, but to take a complete flyable aircraft that is part of Acceleration pack only and upload for anyone to d/l, kinda makes me wonder.

For the record, it really doesn't matter what he states in his readme. just because he states it, does not mean it is right (or wrong).

Bruce Thompson
August 22nd, 2013, 15:01
Thanks for the clarification on this, it is a great improvement over the original.:salute:

Victory103
August 22nd, 2013, 15:33
Michael, thought the same when I posted this on HC, but then thought about both the Sludge and FSXBA models I have as well, basically the same modified FSX model repackaged.

Dangerousdave26
August 22nd, 2013, 15:51
Per Microsoft

Here are the magic words from our lawyers: on the condition that you follow the rules below ("Rules"), Microsoft grants you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use and display Game Content and to create derivative works based upon Game Content, strictly for your noncommercial and personal use. This license is limited by the conditions and restrictions below, so please read them. We can revoke this limited-use license at any time and for any reason without liability to you.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/developer/rules

Feel free to read the rest of the rules.

Near as I can tell from reading them this is no different than the Ozx Goose, or the two different versions of the FSX Curtis Jenny.

Was it necessary to release the whole thing to release the package I don't know that was up to the David Robles to decide.

FSN
August 22nd, 2013, 16:08
What about the EULA in your main FSX directory?

5. SCOPE OF LICENSE. The software is licensed, not sold. This agreement only gives you some rights to use the software. Microsoft reserves all other rights. Unless applicable law gives you more rights despite this limitation, you may use the software only as expressly permitted in this agreement. In doing so, you must comply with any technical limitations in the software that only allow you to use it in certain ways. For more information, see www.microsoft.com/licensing/userights (http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/userights). You may not
· work around any technical limitations in the software;
· reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the software, except and only to the extent that applicable law expressly permits, despite this limitation;
· make more copies of the software than specified in this agreement or allowed by applicable law, despite this limitation;
· publish the software for others to copy;
· rent, lease or lend the software; or
· use the software for commercial software hosting services.

Not trying to be a bugger, just want to play it safe

strikehawk
August 22nd, 2013, 16:38
Well, if MS has let the Goose and the reworked Hornets stay on the major download sites the debate about this one is moot, by not taking action when those examples were released MS themselves set the precedent. That said, should the whole thing have been released? maybe not, but a separate install for a project like this is better than to hose your default file. Since it's been released to most of the major players and it's still there after almost a week I doubt MS is losing sleep over it. I know that I'm going to give it a try as the bird out of the box was crud. If I don't like it, it's gone with out having to repair anything.

FSN
August 22nd, 2013, 16:45
MS doesn't even care about the franchise at all anymore so I think you're right, it's moot. Oddly enough my EH101 hasn't worked right in over a year so this will be good to check out.

heywooood
August 22nd, 2013, 16:48
Well, if MS has let the Goose and the reworked Hornets stay on the major download sites the debate about this one is moot, by not taking action when those examples were released MS themselves set the precedent. That said, should the whole thing have been released? maybe not, but a separate install for a project like this is better than to hose your default file. Since it's been released to most of the major players and it's still there after almost a week I doubt MS is losing sleep over it. I know that I'm going to give it a try as the bird out of the box was crud. If I don't like it, it's gone with out having to repair anything.

I'm not a lawyer, so I downloaded it.

If there is a problem, here I am...ready to delete it and genuflect in Billy Gates general direction, mean time he gets the finger like every other day

FSX68
August 22nd, 2013, 16:59
This version has a better EVERYTHING going for it. I like it. You can use the other liveries from the older EH101 and just re edit the new Aircraft.cfg to call on the E101V2 and they work just fine.
The camera views are much better then the older version and the panels are a lot nicer then the original. I use to just ignore the original one but I kinda actually enjoy flying this one. :applause:

MCDesigns
August 22nd, 2013, 17:16
So based on this thread I can upload my new default Bell 206 with pop out floats, FLIR, spotlight, new VC cabin, and attractive female copilot in the VC ?? (all very doable)

CG_1976
August 22nd, 2013, 17:21
So based on this thread I can upload my new default Bell 206 with pop out floats, FLIR, spotlight, new VC cabin, and attractive female copilot in the VC ?? (all very doable)

Let it loose. Just make the 206 is in USCG Colors and Corpus Christi and the female is clad in USCG Bikini lol. Sorry just had too.

FSX68
August 22nd, 2013, 18:05

Heck yes bring it on!!! Of course ya gotta remember this is a "G" rated site. (I think)?!

I'll send out an ensign in my yellow jeep to pick her up!!! Put a surf board in the back and head for the P'cola beach!!

Dangerousdave26
August 22nd, 2013, 18:42

Again read here http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/developer/rules

MS has already answered your question.

Meshman
August 22nd, 2013, 19:57
MS has already answered your question.

Since when have I been playing FSX on an Xbox?

Since people may not have the Acceleration add on package in total, is it all right for me to make an ISO file and upload it to the library? I mean other people have released parts of default FSX, why not make it "easy" to get whatever they need? Can't be wrong, because others have done it before and Microsoft hasn't done anything... After all, nothing is unlawful until you get caught.

I'm sorry, but this is disappointing to see links for copyrighted material (Microsoft's) at SOH. If it were a payware producer's product that had been modified and re-released what would the attitude be then?

MCDesigns
August 22nd, 2013, 20:30
Lance, if you read the EULA link posted, it does say Xbox and PC and after reading it, basically you can upload any part of the sim to the web with their disclaimer in the readme, BUT you can't reverse engineer anything, kinda defeats the idea of modding, LOL.

Well I just saw that the author, David posted about it at HC. According to him, you still need acceleration for this package to work since some of the core files in acceleration are not in his package. Anyone without acceleration get this working?

Dangerousdave26
August 23rd, 2013, 04:21
Since when have I been playing FSX on an Xbox?

Xbox is a MS Product and they have tied most of their gaming industry into one set of rules.

Where you see a link to these rules on a game's community website, then you're good to go. As you can see, this will give you access to some of the most popular titles on the PC and Xbox 360, including:

Halo (all versions)
Forza Motorsport (all versions)*
Fable (all versions)
Kinectimals
Kinect Adventures
Kinect Joy Ride
Age of Empires (all versions)
Flight Simulator (all versions)*
Kameo
Perfect Dark Zero
Project Gotham Racing (all versions)*
Shadowrun
Viva Piņata

*Use of individual vehicles, tracks, or other brands and logos in these games may require permission from their manufacturer or owner.

If you have not read MS Game Content Rules I strongly encourage you to read it.

As far as reverse engineering is concerned read the whole statement.

You can't reverse engineer our games to access the assets or otherwise do things that the games don't normally permit in order to create your Items

If you read that as you can't reverse engineer any part of the game then we have a real problem because all of the products on the Freeware and Payware market already have parts that were reverse engineered to accomplish there creation.

And that item for one is the .air file. Why because there has never been a flight model section of the SDK until Lockheed Martins Prepar3D. Now for FS9 there was a tool to edit certain parts of the airfile but it was really limited on what it could do. You could not edit many of the tables in the airfile. The only way to developed to tools to edit the .air file has been by reverse engineering it.

If you read that as you can't reverse engineer any part of the game to... "access the assets or otherwise do things that the games don't normally permit..." in order to create your items.

It takes on a different meaning and provides us the ability to reverse engineer the .air file (which has already been done) to provide the ability to create accurate flight models. Accurate flight models are something the product Flight Simulator was designed to do. OK some flight models are not very accurate but the intent is there to be accurate.

As far as anyone without acceleration getting it working, the model should work FSX (non acceleration). What will not work is any Acceleration features built into the model. Those would need the acceleration package installed in FSX.

If it were a payware producer's product that had been modified and re-released what would the attitude be then?

Our attitude would be the same as it has been all along. Payware providers have their rules and MS has their rules. We are only talking about MS rules about their game content.

MS rules about your game content you created are another story and also are covered in the rules.

Again I encourage you to read them.

Firekitten
August 23rd, 2013, 06:17

Only if she's in the pilots seat and not in a daft Bikini!

(PS, she's not one of these typical female copilots lonely simmers put in their aircraft that look like inflatable dolls is she? they're rather scary and frightening)

*goes off on a rant about wanting more female pilot models and less heavy breathing from simmers*

kilo delta
August 23rd, 2013, 06:28
It's okay FK, I'll offer to pose for Michael so that he can create a model of me in my mankini.... I'm sure it'll keep both sexes happy as I'm utterly gorgeous.

:p :icon_lol: :guinness:

Firekitten
August 23rd, 2013, 06:36
oh please do.... there's just something about a guy in a mankini....

That makes me want to grab the eye bleach and vomit fire.

Ferry_vO
August 23rd, 2013, 06:39
Since this helicopter was made for FsX: Acceleration and can't be used as-is in any other game or sim, I don't really see the problem..

Of course he could have left out the model files or other default parts which he didn't modify and let the user copy the parts over from his installation.

kilo delta
August 23rd, 2013, 07:24
Paint err model me like one of your French girls...

http://photos4.pix.ie/84/24/8424209F894F43FBB740092DE6F46E67-0000321957-0003348941-00800L-AC25DD6402364C28AD308A60826E8E7A.jpg (http://pix.ie/nforce/3348941)

Firekitten
August 23rd, 2013, 07:37
Just... disturbing.

FSX68
August 23rd, 2013, 08:04

(PS, she's not one of these typical female copilots lonely simmers put in their aircraft that look like inflatable dolls is she? they're rather scary and frightening)

*goes off on a rant about wanting more female pilot models and less heavy breathing from simmers*

I find the inflatable PILOT having a "pleasurable" cigarette scary. :icon_lol:

MCDesigns
August 23rd, 2013, 13:36

is this more appropriate? :jump:

http://imageshack.us/a/img403/7949/helipilot.jpg

Firekitten
August 23rd, 2013, 13:45
I aprove! :D I'll be interested in this chopper when it comes :D