PDA

View Full Version : Summer in New England...

Rami
August 21st, 2013, 13:30
Hey guys,

A good friend just finished restoring a 1930 Ford Model A this spring, so he and I took her down to the beach today in Marshfield, MA. I love summer in New England...

SPman
August 21st, 2013, 19:14
That looks great. We used to troll around in a Model A very similar to that - albeit rather more beat up, waaaay back in 1970 - great fun!

There's a local out our way with a Model T, C cab truck, that we see occasionally puttering down the country road through the bush - for some reason, a very soothing sight.

aeronca1
August 22nd, 2013, 04:36
Awesome! I've been searching for an Essex Roadster for years to no avail. My wife says if I ever find it I can move in with IT, lol,

Daveroo
August 22nd, 2013, 06:37
dads friend Ed has a 33 essex sedan,that work?.....you can sleep on the rear seat...little story about Ed and his wife Shirley,the two of them and their oldest son are Jehovah witness' ,Ed is like a reformed 50s high school trouble maker..drank hard on the weekends,but was a good father,coached little league ball ( i played for him)but it was a shock when he became religious and JW especially,Shirley is just sweet,moms best friend from the third grade,they are both 74 years old now.the oldest son..Eddie,he is one year younger my sister,two years older then his broth Johnny,and i (davey) am one year younger than Johnny..(side note...notice the names: Kellie,Eddie,Johnny,Davey,weren't the folks clever??)..so Eddie became a hard core biker when he was 17 or so,hes covered with tattoo's..nothing wrong with tattoo's if theyre in good taste..but most of his embarrass even me ,into drugs..theft ,bad stuff,he came close to being killed twice,once he was on his bike and a truck backed out and eddie hit the truck at an estimated 60mph..cut his throat so bad he almost bled out before fire got there.then (Johnny operates the family construction company,Eddie does the field work ) he was tightening chain binder to tie down a dozer,and it snapped back on him and hit hi in the head..literally knocked him 20 feet back and ripped his head open,fire rescue had to use two C-spine collars on him because his neck is so huge,he had been a body builder while he did the biker things a drugs thing..and he is HUGE and very good looking..women just "coo" over him and his wife is downright dumpy..lol...my point to all that they all do the "in service day" thing every week,from what i understand you only need do it once a week,,but Shirley does it three days a week helping new church members,ok and heres the point,,Shirley kept coming home and telling Ed that she has been seeing this "cute little car with a for sale sign on it".....she repeted this atleast 5 times..so Ed had her take him to look at it,she drove it around the block,she came back was all grins,,said to Ed...i like this better than your damned packards,then Ed paid the guy in cash and Shirley drove it home!!!

one more thing..can you imagine opening your door to a JW person and seeing a muscular tattoo'd bikerish lookin dude trying to give you the word of the good lord???......the thought cracks me up...im not religious at all..but i keep telling Eddie i want to tag along with him and film his door knocks...i wont tell you his response...lol

http://www.nathansonweb.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/1939-ply41.jpg

Daveroo
August 22nd, 2013, 06:51
my previous is NOT a religious post or statement of any kind,this family is my family's closest friends ,i typed what i did,because its what they do in their lives,and its how they found the business coupe,BTW i didnt type that part..its a 1939 pontiac business coupe ,the years Shirley was born...Shirley had no idea as the the age of the car...she just liked it.

one more thing....the construction company they own..it belongs to Big Ed,Shirley is the co-owner..Johnny and Eddie are co-managers and my sister Kellie is the bookkeeper,and Eddie and Johnny's sons work for the company...for the past 15 years they have been exclusively on AeroJet rocket place in folsom cal.Kellie says she has to go through the guards from aerojet at the main gate,then she has another one to pass through which is maned by the USAF (armed),and before she can get to her office,she has to pass through another check point/guard gate run by the USMC ( again armed).everyday when she leaves..the main gate looks at the photos on her Iphone..if shes taken any inside Aerojet..they must be delete'd and if caught a certin amount of time..they take the phone.....cameras are taken on the way in..