PDA

View Full Version : WIP and fun with rendering

Francois
August 21st, 2013, 01:08
While building my Mulberry harbor, I am having some fun with my render program too........

stovall
August 21st, 2013, 06:50
Francois, this project is getting better every day. The Mulberry Harbor at Arromanches, better known as Mulberry B or Port Winston was in operation for 8 months. It was designed for only 3 months use. Anyone visiting the area can see large sections of the structure still there today.

Maybe you could set up some vehicle traffic to be moving along the floating roadway out and back from the ships. Don't know if this is possible but that would certainly get everyone's attention. Thanks for the continuing previews.

Francois
August 21st, 2013, 09:10
I will continue to 'show off'...... more to force myself to not give up than for anything else :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Not sure about the roadways....... the way I have built them now they are 6-piece scenery objects, not one long 'road'.

MCDesigns
August 21st, 2013, 09:27
Don't ever think of giving up Francois, I very much like seeing your progress on this and you can always ask for help if you need it.

Dave Torkington
August 21st, 2013, 09:45
Very impressive work Francois! You rendered me speechless :icon_lol:

Keep it up sir :applause:

Francois
August 21st, 2013, 09:55
Thank you all kindly......... even for watching, certainly for offers to help ! I found out that some of these had AA-guns on them, so am now making a crude Oerlikon AA spout......

falcon409
August 21st, 2013, 10:51
Thank you all kindly......... even for watching, certainly for offers to help ! I found out that some of these had AA-guns on them, so am now making a crude Oerlikon AA spout......
Francois, you may have mentioned this somewhere prior, but what program are you using for constructing your models? Great job, by the way. . .quite impressive.

Francois
August 21st, 2013, 11:02
The models I made so far are all done with Trimble's Sketchup (former Google). I have also started dabbling with 3DSMax, but that will be a Winter Project..... maybe to refine the current models in a later stage when I learn to use 3DS better. For now I use Sketchup (with Fireworks for texture mods), ModelconverterX and Instant Scenery 3.

falcon409
August 21st, 2013, 11:05
The models I made so far are all done with Trimble's Sketchup (former Google). I have also started dabbling with 3DSMax, but that will be a Winter Project..... maybe to refine the current models in a later stage when I learn to use 3DS better. For now I use Sketchup (with Fireworks for texture mods), ModelconverterX and Instant Scenery 3.
Yep, same here. Nice work Francois.

Stickshaker
August 21st, 2013, 12:58
Great job, Francois! Looking forward to flying over Normandy populated by you.

Francois
August 21st, 2013, 22:46
and making life harder for enemy pilots........ I have added some 'low-poly' Oerlikons now ! :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

MCDesigns
August 22nd, 2013, 04:13
:applause::applause::applause: