PDA

View Full Version : Donate to charity, get free games!

Ferry_vO
August 17th, 2013, 03:38
EA has set up a page where you can donate whatever you can spare to several charities, and for a minimum of $1 you'll get all of these games for free:

-Dead Space 1&3 (3rd person space survival horror game)

-Burn out Paradise: the ultimate box (Arcade race game)

-Mirror's edge (First person shooter)

-Crysis 2: maximum edition (First person shooter)

-Medal of Honor (First person shooter)

But, if you donate more than the current average (Now $4.81), you'll also get:

-Battlefield 3 (Online first person shooter) and

-The Sims 3 starter pack: The base game, high end loft stuff and Late night expansions.

Plus every donation will receive the Sims 3 and Battlefield 3 soundtrack!

The normal price for all of the above would be $215, but you can pay whatever you like.
You'll need at least Origin (Basically EA's version of Steam.) though some games come with a key for Steam as well (All except The Sims 3, Battlefield 3 and Dead Space 3).

For more info, and to buy go to: https://www.humblebundle.com/

Ferry_vO
August 17th, 2013, 07:08
Oh, and just to clarify: No, it's not a scam or anything, it works as advertised. Just added all of the games to Steam and Origin and have already downloaded and installed the add-ons to my Sims 3 install, Battlefield 3 (A hefty 19.9 Gb, but done in less than two hours through Origin!) and Steam is now downloading the Medal of Honor single-player game!

And you can pay with PayPal, or credit card, no problem at all!

stiz
August 17th, 2013, 15:16
EA has set up a page where you can donate whatever you can spare to several charities

actualy the humblebundle people are independent from any game studio, they do deals like this pretty often, its just they have really popular games up this time :)

Ferry_vO
August 18th, 2013, 00:11
actualy the humblebundle people are independent from any game studio, they do deals like this pretty often, its just they have really popular games up this time :)

Didn't know that; guess I'll have to keep an eye on that site then! :salute:

Navy Chief
August 18th, 2013, 06:20
I donated last evening, but have not downloaded anything yet. I am confused about a couple things. What exactly is Steam? Is it an online server? According to a previous post, they downloaded Battlefield 3. So is it a standalone sim? Does Medal of Honor require Steam to play?

NC

Ferry_vO
August 18th, 2013, 07:32
NC, Steam is a program that lets you buy, download and play games; you can get it here: http://store.steampowered.com/ Origin is basically the same thing, only by Electronic Arts: https://www.origin.com/

You can install both, but Battlefield 3, Dead Space 3 and The Sims 3 will only work with Origin.

Of course you'll need to register with both before you can start, then you can enter the keycodes you receive and start downloading the games you want. With the codes comes a set of instructions how to do that.

All games are standalone, you'll need to download each one seperately before you can play. You may remember 'Battlefield 1942' which was a big online shooter based in WW2? Battlefield 3 is the same idea, but set in modern time. It does have a short singleplayer campaign though you can play. Medal of Honor is another single and multiplayer shooter, taking place in Afghanistan. Haven't played it yet though.

Butcherbird17
August 18th, 2013, 13:01
One thing to do when you download and install Origin, is to change where the games are installed. By default they will go onto your "C" drive. If like me you don't install games on the same drive as your OS, you will want to change it.

Once Origin is installed, open it up. Click on the Origin button in the top left corner, then click on "Application Settings", then click on the "Advanced" tab. There you can change where your games are installed, and also if you want to keep the installers, where to keep them. Do this "BEFORE" you start your downloads. I believe you can do the same with games on Steam, but i'm not sure.

Joe

Navy Chief
August 18th, 2013, 15:57
Does anyone here play MOH online, multiplayer? I haven't played the sim in many years, and never did it in multiplayer. Looks like it would be fun, once I got the hang of the various controls and movements. NC

Definitely a way to relieve frustration....