PDA

View Full Version : How to change airbase name

stockplane
August 16th, 2013, 09:51
I have try change some airbases name for example from : *Biggin Hill to: UK Biggin Hill, i have modify the bgl file with an hex editor then i have deleted the related filelist but the name in the list remane the same withuot any modification.

What is the correct way to make this little modify.

Thanks in advanced for any further informations about.

Regards.

Sander
August 16th, 2013, 13:11
Get the tools SCDIS and BGLANALYZE, one of the two will be able to disassemble the file to readable SCASM code, I can't remember off the top of my head which of the two. Then re-compile with SCASM.
With hexediting you'll likely break the file, especially because your target airbase name is longer than the original.

Cody Coyote
August 16th, 2013, 15:26
If you are trying to change the airbase names as they appear in the Mission Builder then all you need to do is open the INFO folder, then open the file airbases.dat with any text editor, make the changes and save the file.

kdriver
August 17th, 2013, 09:23
After changing the name in the AFD bgl file you need to deactivate then reactivate the scenery layer in which the particular bgl file is located in order to get the new name to show up.

stockplane
August 17th, 2013, 09:38
With BGLANALYZE and then with Scasm the new names appear in the airbases list both in Free fliht that in Missions.

Thanks a lot for yours informations.

Regards.

kelticheart
August 19th, 2013, 02:42
Get the tools SCDIS and BGLANALYZE, one of the two will be able to disassemble the file to readable SCASM code, I can't remember off the top of my head which of the two. Then re-compile with SCASM.
With hexediting you'll likely break the file, especially because your target airbase name is longer than the original.

Hi Sander,

which SCASM version will work for CFS2? Versions 2.96 and 2.91 are the only ones available at the SCASM website, I hope they are not dedicated to FS9 and FS10.

Thank you!
KH :ernae:

Sander
August 19th, 2013, 03:05
Either one will be fine.