PDA

View Full Version : Mooney M20 Bravo

Daveroo
August 15th, 2013, 10:32
i have a Mooney M20 Bravo in my FSX hangers,and i dont know if its a Microsoft "stock unit"..or an addon unit,,if its a FSX stock,,is there an addon Mooney M20 out there?...have a family friend who flew a M20 for 20 or 30 years and he had to let go of his pilots lic due to a series of "attacks" ,his doctor did not pull it,,he gave it up voluntarily after he and his wife had a talk and she asked...if you had a seizure in the air,and i couldnt land the plane,,,what would happen?...he kissed her,,took her out to a steak dinner,and sold the plane...hasnt flown since.

i want to be able to have Les come fly the simulator when he is up to it ( per his wifes request,after i said i may have a Moonie)and she got excited over it,so when i get things together here..ill have him over and let him fly...id like to have it painted in his planes colors and "N" number..but i cant paint worth a tinkers dang..

btw..this guy and a friend of his back in the 70s,flew a 182 from the Santa Rosa airport in northern california to the capitol city of Argentina,they flew down the west coast of cal,central america,then south american,until the point they had to turn east ( i dont know where) and when on the ground,they were standing near the 182,and he was taking photos of planes on the ramp,he says there were several Mig 21's ( i dont know if they had them or not) but suddenly the military police showed up held them at gunpoint,and took the camera,Les begged them in english to please understand he didnt know he was doing wrong...he was just a dumb electrician from northern california and the camera was expencive...so they let him remove the film and gave him back his camera.. that night,Les and his friend saw the same to MPs at a small cafe' and invited them over to join them for dinner,they accepted.when a few days later,les and the other guy went back to the C-182 to come back home...that same roll of flm was on the seat of the plane....but Les said it had been exposed enough it couldnt be saved and printed...

he also told me that when he was 9years old,he was dirt poor,his family didnt have enough food to feed the entire family,this was in the 40s? i guess...my dad was born in 1936..and theyre about the same age..well one of his uncles had moved to Santa Rosa Ca,and he sent to Iowa for his sister and her kids,,Les' father wasnt around...the instructions were to meet a man at the local airfield,there sat an airplane he had never seen ( he wasnt into planes then either,but he was aware) turns out it was a Beech D17 staggerwing.his mother sat up front,,he and his twin brother in the back seat,with thier smaller sister between them.both boys were so impressed/excited they swore to themseleves they would someday own one...well they never got the staggerwing..but they both owned Moonie M20s and shared ownership in a C90 kingair..

paiken
August 15th, 2013, 10:37
Might be the Carenado Mooney M20. You should check the aircraft config. file for any information.

Ferry_vO
August 15th, 2013, 10:38
Carenado have done an M20J: http://secure.simmarket.com/carenado-mooney-201-m20j-fsx.phtml

Howellerman
August 15th, 2013, 11:16
Sweet story. Hope his wife lets him come out and play, and that someone with paint skills can help out.

Daveroo
August 15th, 2013, 12:57
from the .CFG

ui_createdby="Microsoft Corporation"

so im going to assume its the stock unit...so ill have to look into the Carenado plane.and then hopefully i can find someone to paint it for me.