PDA

View Full Version : FSrealWX lite not loading weather!

EMatheson
August 12th, 2013, 21:11
FSrealWX lite has been failing to connect to the weather server - or any server for that matter - for about a week now. Is anyone else having this problem and does anyone know how to fix it?

Willy
August 12th, 2013, 21:49
It's been connecting for me. Used it earlier this afternoon.

Naismith
August 12th, 2013, 22:53
a) Are you on the latest update? I just updated to v1.06.1469 - bottom right of the program box. Mine is working btw. I use Opus now instead which is great.
b) Otherwise I would uninstall reboot reinstall and try again

ViperPilot2
August 12th, 2013, 23:00
Just got done with a 3 hr. + flight from KVNY to KAPA with no problems at all. I also have the latest version.

:salute:

EMatheson
August 13th, 2013, 06:52
On a hunch, I uninstalled my web filter - Blue Coat K9. It's been great - effective and remarkably low on processor requirements - but for some reason the latest update started messing with things, it seems.
With Blue Coat K9 removed, all seems to be fixed.

EDIT: Did some more testing. It is in fact Blue Coat K9... even with all of the filtering options turned all the way off, the latest version blocks FSrealWX. I wonder what it thinks it is blocking?
Does anyone know of another good, lightweight, free web filter to use? It's for my only computer - FS, work, school, etc., it's all on the same machine, so it has got to be easy on the processor and on the memory. No stinking way I'm using bloated crapware like McAfee or Symantec!