PDA

View Full Version : Virtavia Martin Mars and Hampden sound sets

tommieboy
August 9th, 2013, 18:12
First the bad news......both these aircraft are payware from Virtavia, so I can not distribute the sound files.

Here's the deal.......I've been looking for a raspier / nastier / louder engine sound set for my Martin Mars in flyby view. The real Martin Mars has some pretty loud and nasty sounding R3350 engines when compared to other R3350 engine installations. Might be the fact that there are 4 of them, and that the exhaust stacks are not run through turbo chargers (which tones down the exhaust noise) like many other R3350 installations. I found my solution within Virtavia's Handley-Page Hampden. It has the raspier / nastier / louder engine sound (at higher engine rpm) that I was looking for, although I still like the default Martin Mars sounds for the lower engine rpm. So, I needed to combine the two. If you already own the two aircraft above and would like to try the alternate sound set, drop me an e-mail or PM and I'll send you some instructions on how to set this up. You might like it, you might not......I just would like some feedback if anyone else likes the alternate sound set.

Also, as far as I can tell, both sound sets are old school and do not utilize FSX sound cones, but that works out better for me in any case.

Tommy