PDA

View Full Version : FSX Screen Capture function

WarHorse47
August 2nd, 2013, 07:22
Anyone have experience using the FSX Screen Capture function using the "V" key??

I've been using it a lot because of its simplicity. Whenever there is a screenshot I want to capture, I hit the "V" key and the image is saved to a "Flight Simulator X Files" folder under my Pictures directory.

Lately I noticed that the Win8 Library program that displays the screenshots only displays up to 30 images. Anything beyond that is saved to the folder, but isn't displayed. I discovered this morning that its related to the folder capacity (size).

Since the screenshots are the same resolution as FSX and my monitor setting (1920 X 1200), the file sizes were over 9 Mb each. By changing the resolution to 1024, the image files are now under 2 Mb each and everything works as expected.

So I was wondering if anyone has experience using this FSX function and if there is a way to control the resolution of saved images.

I haven't tried any of the addon screen capture apps yet, so that's my next option. At the moment I'll just have to monitor what I save and reduce the files as needed.

fsxar177
August 2nd, 2013, 08:17
I use this feature as well. Using windows 7, I don't have the 30 pic issue. However, by today's standards, 9mb isn't much. I just go through about once a week, and re-size the ones I like, and delete the rest. Best quality that way. You could even batch rename/resize also with an editor that does batch conversions.

Probably best to stick with it the way it is, and just sort through them more often.

- Joseph

jankees
August 2nd, 2013, 09:14
I use a little freeware program I found on avsim (screenshooter), which saves my screenies where I want them, and as jpg too.
And it works with all other programs too!

WarHorse47
August 2nd, 2013, 09:40
I use a little freeware program I found on avsim (screenshooter), which saves my screenies where I want them, and as jpg too.
And it works with all other programs too!I have a program called BatchConverter that will take the screenshots, change the size, convert them to a *.jpg, add a watermark and place the converted files where I want.

Does your freeware program have the ability to change the size/resolution of your screenies?

jankees
August 2nd, 2013, 09:52
Does your freeware program have the ability to change the size/resolution of your screenies?

yes:
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww230/jcblom60/Belgie/fsxq594.jpg (http://s722.photobucket.com/user/jcblom60/media/Belgie/fsxq594.jpg.html)