PDA

View Full Version : Matinicus Islanders

falcon409
August 1st, 2013, 08:23
I discovered on landing there this morning that the autogen encroaches on the rwy more than it should. If you look closely at the approach shot heading straight in, you'll see what I mean. So here is a link to replace the "agn" files for the texture folder.
https://app.box.com/s/b22ze6ydlxjkwig00wpp

sidler
August 2nd, 2013, 05:35
Hi Falcon409...

I am downloading now. I landed many times (uphill strip) in a C-172. Also spent a lot of time visiting a good Air Force friend (lobster fisherman) with my family.

Dick

falcon409
August 2nd, 2013, 06:02
Ah, someone who has actually landed there. Is the shack the only thing there Dick or do I need to make some changes? I'd appreciate any suggestions you can make to correct problems if you see any.:salute:

sidler
August 2nd, 2013, 08:52
I have not landed there for a few years but looks pretty darn good except for the tree in the middle of the runway;) If you look at Google, you pretty have it.

Dick

p.s. The last time my wife and my daughter flew in we were passengers in a C-337. Very nice! His grandmother use to live at the old farmhouse at Burgess Cove.

DaveKDEN
August 2nd, 2013, 09:01
I have not landed there for a few years but looks pretty darn good except for the tree in the middle of the runway;)

Dick

p.s. The last time my wife and my daughter flew in we were passengers in a C-337. Very nice!

He linked to an autogen fix in the original post. Simply download and replace the files in the texture folder.

sidler
August 2nd, 2013, 10:25
Thanks DaveKDEN...that did the trick:jump:

fxsttcb
August 6th, 2013, 05:33
Knox County to Martinicus was a quick and easy hop. Looks great! :salute: I'm loving all of these recent GA Fields. Thank You. :guinness:

Just an FYI. After installing Bald Mountain and checking it out(I think I might have spooked one of your horses), I decided to fly there, from here.
Select the Ercoupe, 35ME, runway 36, Fly now.
It started me in a clearing in the middle of a neighboring subdivision! Selecting 18 put me at the opposite end of the clearing.
Excluded Default Rwy, but, original Starts, I assume.

No biggie, I just slewed to the parking area by the J-3, and saved a Cold and Dark for the future...Don

falcon409
August 6th, 2013, 06:58
Knox County to Martinicus was a quick and easy hop. Looks great! :salute: I'm loving all of these recent GA Fields. Thank You. :guinness:

Just an FYI. After installing Bald Mountain and checking it out(I think I might have spooked one of your horses), I decided to fly there, from here.
Select the Ercoupe, 35ME, runway 36, Fly now.
It started me in a clearing in the middle of a neighboring subdivision! Selecting 18 put me at the opposite end of the clearing.
Excluded Default Rwy, but, original Starts, I assume.

No biggie, I just slewed to the parking area by the J-3, and saved a Cold and Dark for the future...Don
Sorry about that Don (and anyone else who has noticed this). After adjusting the rwy position to match the ground texture I failed to adjust the start positions as well. Here is a corrected AFCAD. . .just overwrite when asked.

fxsttcb
August 6th, 2013, 07:12
If I had saved the flight, after landing there the first time, I probably never would have noticed. Thanks for the updated file. :salute: ...Don