PDA

View Full Version : PC-21 won't shut down. (help.)

Sundog
July 28th, 2013, 16:20
I finally decided to fly the PC-21 without the aux tanks, since Iris decided to make it a PITA to remove them. So I opened the manual and followed the shut down sequence and....nothing. So, for the fun of it, I decided to zero out the fuel and... it just keeps trying to start (Yes, I did press to toggle the starter off, but it apparently doesn't toggle off). Does anyone else have this problem? Thanks.

Smudge
July 28th, 2013, 17:30
That's a new one for me... :) I don't have the 21 installed at the moment (had to do a fresh FSX installation for FTX Global) I'll install it and try to replicate the issue. I take it you're using the latest version (2.0)

David.

Smudge
July 28th, 2013, 18:00
Sundog, try going into the default cessna, doing a startup then shutdown the engine and reload the PC21 and see if the issue still occurs. I got the same issue as you when loading from the default friday harbour flight, but when I loaded a clean flight in a cessna, and put the PC-21 in from there, I had no such startup or shutdown issues.

You should just be able to simply right click the throttle handle to move it to the cutoff position.

Sundog
July 28th, 2013, 18:13
Thanks David, I'll give that a try.

Smudge
July 28th, 2013, 18:18
No Problem. :)

Skyhawk_310R
July 28th, 2013, 18:38
Increasingly designers have turned to bypassing the automatic startup and shutdown keyboard options. This is due to the need to replicate the more complicated systems in the actual aircraft.

So, if that is the option selected in this case, it could be the root of the problem. The suggestion about always starting FSX with the default Cessna Skyhawk in a powered off condition is always valuable. This helps to ensure that no latent specialized configuration is started with FSX and you get a so called "clean" installation load.

Ken

Smudge
July 28th, 2013, 18:50
Correct Ken,

With the PC-21 we have like many others, chosen to depart from the usual factory startup options to ensure more accurate simulation of systems, but this can at times bring it's own set of challenges. Especially when (what appears in this case) is that the PC-21 was loaded with the sim starter variable on a constant loop.

We will of course look into our code to see if there is a way we can modify it to anticipate unusual actions but in the meantime, the safest bet is always loading a clean default aircraft to a shut down state before loading your addon aircraft.

glennc
July 28th, 2013, 19:08
Shut down the PC-21 engine by right clicking the fingertip switch in front and below the throttle, then turn off every switch in site.

Glenn

clmooring
July 29th, 2013, 16:46
yep right clicking the throttle. turning off the startup switches on the left console, emptying the fuel tanks, and then clicking the external fuel tank option on the right console display usually works for me. Love the PC-21.

I do wish the US Marine version was without the external tanks by default.

Sundog
July 30th, 2013, 14:22
yep right clicking the throttle. turning off the startup switches on the left console, emptying the fuel tanks, and then clicking the external fuel tank option on the right console display usually works for me. Love the PC-21. I do wish the US Marine version was without the external tanks by default. I haven't tried saving a flight with it yet, but couldn't you just save a flight with it in that configuration? Then just reload the saved flight and move to whichever airport you wish to fly from?

clmooring
July 30th, 2013, 18:40
I haven't tried saving a flight with it yet, but couldn't you just save a flight with it in that configuration? Then just reload the saved flight and move to whichever airport you wish to fly from?

I have a saved flight for just that reason... works fine.