PDA

View Full Version : For Sander, tobob, and UncleTgt...

Rami
July 21st, 2013, 04:56
Hey guys,

The issue with the scenery files are the roads, and the shorelines off to the left and right of the harbor entrance, as well as in various spots in the lagoon. It looks like about ninety percent of the work has already been completed, including the LOD9 landclass, the waterclass, and the airfield.

There is no GSL yet.

It works in conjunction with this: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=147&id=3327

And his set of Mediterranean shorelines, roads, and rails which run from Casablanca to Alexandria: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=45&id=6020

Rami
July 21st, 2013, 05:02
Sander,

I have all the .bgl and texture files, but I don't know about the "source" files if that is not what you are referring to.

Jean Bomber did several enhancements for the Mediterranean (Gibraltar, Pantelleria, Morocco, Lampedusa, and his MTO coastlines) which work very well with your files.

I just updated my MTO scenery install guide in the last few days to show how it all fits together: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=49&id=2932

I need an e-mail addy, because with all the textures (I included all textures to be safe) it is about 14.8 MB.

Sander
July 21st, 2013, 06:09
Do the offending lines disappear when you disable EURW from the scenery library?

Rami
July 21st, 2013, 09:58
Do the offending lines disappear when you disable EURW from the scenery library?

Sander,

You know, after all these years you haven't lost your touch. So, all I need now is a little process of elimination. Because we no longer have access to your mesh map on your website, would you be able to tell me which files fit the corresponding area for Bizerte, Tunisia? It's basically northwest Tunisia, if that helps.

(Sorry about the delay, late Sunday morning and early Sunday afternoon we go out for a meal with my mom and my wife's family.)

I sent the files to you and UncleTgt anyway.

tobob
July 21st, 2013, 16:03
Sander,

You know, after all these years you haven't lost your touch. So, all I need now is a little process of elimination. Because we no longer have access to your mesh map on your website, would you be able to tell me which files fit the corresponding area for Bizerte, Tunisia? It's basically northwest Tunisia, if that helps.

(Sorry about the delay, late Sunday morning and early Sunday afternoon we go out for a meal with my mom and my wife's family.)

I sent the files to you and UncleTgt anyway.

Hi Rami,

Sander probably has an answer for ya, however there are ways to figure out offending files.

Lwmviewer loads coasts, LWMs, and roads and displays them. So open the scenery file and drag and drop 20 or so at a time until you find the files. A16n flattens don't load and you will get an error message, no big deal just hit ok.

BGLAnalyze disassembles files into scasm which can be read and edited with notepad. You can fish out info like coordinates, runway elevations and direction, library guids, etc...

That takes some extreme detective work!

tobob

Rami
July 21st, 2013, 17:51
Tobob and Sander,

Found it! The Eurw files are...

950180cst_8.bgl
950180rd_8.bgl
950180st_8.bgl

The only major problem with removing these files is you lose the coastline enhancements in a significant section of Tunisia.

This loss occurs in the following areas...

N37 02.91 to N37 06.94
E07 29.34 to E08 59.96

Jean Bomber's Bizerte covers the following areas...

N37 06.94 to N37 15.07
E08 59.96 to E10.00.03

Then there is another lost area, which includes the whole of Cape Bon.

N37 15.07 to N35 00.05
E10.00.03 to E10 58.18

tobob
July 21st, 2013, 18:08
Rami,

It looks like excludes need to be placed. I believe the EURW roads, rivers, and coasts are all on layer 8.

Hopefully JB put his coasts and roads on a different layer.

tobob

Rami
July 21st, 2013, 18:16
Rami,

It looks like excludes need to be placed. I believe the EURW roads, rivers, and coasts are all on layer 8.

tobob

:isadizzy: :isadizzy: :isadizzy: :isadizzy: :isadizzy:

You may as well be speaking Aramaic. Care to translate for us mortals?

Sander
July 21st, 2013, 23:30
Rami,

tobob
If his lines are also on 8, naming the exclusion filename lower in the alphabet than the new lines (and keeping it in the same scenery folder) will work.

Sander
July 21st, 2013, 23:57
You can also decide to ignore the shorelines for now. At some point, all of EURW will be re-done with new tools, and we can easily hack away the offending lines at that time.
Note: I'm working with default FS2004 files as starting point, and as you may know, those are not very accurate at all and has many roads/railroads running across water.

Rami
July 22nd, 2013, 02:08
Sander,

I will seek out Jean Bomber. I also checked his Mediterranean coastlines...they extend from Sfax, Tunisia to Alexandria, Egypt. So we know that these files are also not in conflict with yours. It's all about the process of elimination!