PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Trigger Anyone?

falcon409
July 16th, 2013, 17:25
I thought this would be a simple task, but I was very wrong, lol. I want to finish up Sherman Municipal and I need to add a fuel trigger to the refueling area near the Terminal. There are a few AFCAD style programs (freeware) that have that as a feature but I use AFX (payware) and I don't see it ever coming for us. I tried several of Arno's and Scruffyducks programs but they're really FS9 oriented and don't play well with FSX. Any suggestions?

Hughes-MDflyer4
July 16th, 2013, 17:41
Airport Design Editor X is FS2004 compatible. Not sure what features it has compared to the FSX version, but I'd imagine you would have an option to add a fuel trigger if FS9 supported that.

falcon409
July 16th, 2013, 18:02
Airport Design Editor X is FS2004 compatible. Not sure what features it has compared to the FSX version, but I'd imagine you would have an option to add a fuel trigger if FS9 supported that.
Yep, that's one of the freeware programs I was eluding to and I would move over to that program except for a few details...1. I've used and have become very comfortable with AFX...2. Importing an AFCAD into ADE strips much of the coding that isn't compatible with ADE. . .basically rendering all the work I've put into it. . .useless.

Looking for a standalone program like ObjectPlacer (which doesn't work with FSX) or a way to code what I need in an xml file (which I know nothing about).

trucker17
July 16th, 2013, 19:03

I use ADEX...And it works very well with FSX....Including the Fuel triggers....

falcon409
July 16th, 2013, 20:19
Well, with no other suggestions, I tried ADE (making a backup of my AFX version of course) and while it took a bit to get to where I wanted to go. . .I now have the fuel trigger in place offering JetA and AVGas. Gonna do a few once-overs to be sure it's where I want it to be and then I'll do some beta testing with a few folks to see that it works outside of my system. ADE did change a few things from the AFX version but after a bit of searching I was able to get those fixed without any major headaches. ADE will be a good companion to AFX looks like. Thanks for the suggestion!

rdaniell
July 16th, 2013, 20:49
I no longer use AFX. I use ADEX for all my scenery building. I can do everything from creating the AFCAD to placing the objects with it.

I look forward to doing a little flying out of your project.

RD

falcon409
July 16th, 2013, 21:08
I no longer use AFX. I use ADEX for all my scenery building. I can do everything from creating the AFCAD to placing the objects with it.
I look forward to doing a little flying out of your project.
RD
Right RD! I tried ADE when it was in the early stages and it was not a friendly program, especially having used Lee Swordy's AFCAD program for a long time. I looked some more and found AFX, payware, but it was an easy transition from AFCAD, very similar. Now, however, ADEX has really come a long way and AFX has remained dormant now for several years with no future updates that I can tell, while Scruffyduck continues to improve on his program. I will very likely move more and more over to ADEX as I get more comfortable with it.:salute:

MCDesigns
July 17th, 2013, 04:13
I use bo0th, but prefer ADE over AFX. If you get the latest development/beta version of ADE it does custom ground polys now.

Dimus
July 17th, 2013, 05:08
If you get the latest development/beta version of ADE it does custom ground polys now.

Now this is something I need badly! Off to Scruffyduck's to get it! Thanks for the HU Michael.:salute:

rdaniell
July 17th, 2013, 05:15
I use bo0th, but prefer ADE over AFX. If you get the latest development/beta version of ADE it does custom ground polys now.

Thank you. Maybe I might be able to learn how to make those now.

RD

MCDesigns
July 17th, 2013, 13:53
Now this is something I need badly! Off to Scruffyduck's to get it! Thanks for the HU Michael.:salute:

NP, I still like doing it thru MCX though, it allows for more creativity. Here is the thread on it
http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=135

JoeW
July 18th, 2013, 05:01
ADEX is the better program. But if you want to use just the xml coding, here it is:
<sceneryobject lat="22.3715" lon="-73.019833" alt="0" altitudeisagl="TRUE" pitch="0" bank="0" heading="60" imagecomplexity="NORMAL">
<biasxyz biasx="0" biasy="0" biasz="0"></biasxyz></sceneryobject>
<sceneryobject lat="22.3715" lon="-73.019833" alt="0" altitudeisagl="TRUE" pitch="0" bank="0" heading="60" imagecomplexity="NORMAL">
<biasxyz biasx="0" biasy="0" biasz="0">
<trigger type="REFUEL_REPAIR" triggerheight="5">
<fuel type="100" availability="YES">
<vertex biasx="-10" biasz="-10">
<vertex biasx="-10" biasz="10">
<vertex biasx="10" biasz="10">
<vertex biasx="10" biasz="-10">
</vertex></vertex></vertex></vertex></fuel></trigger>
</biasxyz></sceneryobject><sceneryobject lat="22.3715" lon="-73.019833" alt="0" altitudeisagl="TRUE" pitch="0" bank="0" heading="60" imagecomplexity="NORMAL"><biasxyz biasx="0" biasy="0" biasz="0"> <trigger type="REFUEL_REPAIR" triggerheight="5">
<fuel type="100" availability="YES">
<vertex biasx="-10" biasz="-10">
<vertex biasx="-10" biasz="10">
<vertex biasx="10" biasz="10">
<vertex biasx="10" biasz="-10">
</vertex></vertex></vertex></vertex></fuel></trigger>
</biasxyz></sceneryobject>Can't make the xml coding show.
The coding for FSX is the same as it was for FS9, that did not change. You can open the bgl and insert the the coding above and changing the coords to where you want it.
Good luck.