PDA

View Full Version : F-14D issues

Macruairidh
July 16th, 2013, 15:44
I have FS2004 and I downloaded the F-1D and it does not work. It crashes my Flight simulator and now it has caused my F/A-18 superhornet to crash as well.....I had to delete every thing and uninstall the the game and reinstall it......So if anyone has an F-14 that works with the right gauges as well let me know....Also is there an E-2C Hawkeye available for the FS2004?

SteveB
July 16th, 2013, 16:06
I have FS2004 and I downloaded the F-1D and it does not work. It crashes my Flight simulator and now it has caused my F/A-18 superhornet to crash as well.....I had to delete every thing and uninstall the the game and reinstall it......So if anyone has an F-14 that works with the right gauges as well let me know....Also is there an E-2C Hawkeye available for the FS2004?

Which F14 model was it that caused the problem ? Dino's or the Iris model ?
And welcome too the SOH forum.

Steve

Macruairidh
July 16th, 2013, 17:02
It was the version from this site with the tiger stripe skin FS2004 Grumman F-14D Tomcat Rev 4. I t loaded fine and went thru flight planning but when I hit fly now it booted it out. I wonder if it was made for FSX and labeled wrong. I just downloaded an A-6 Intruder and it did the same thig but the files say for FS2004. My F-18 works great....are there different model on this site? Thanks

Which F14 model was it that caused the problem ? Dino's or the Iris model ?
And welcome too the SOH forum.

Steve

Tom Clayton
July 16th, 2013, 19:47
If you would, post links to the planes that are giving you troubles. It will also help if you post the specs on your PC, including what operating system you're running.

AndyG43
July 17th, 2013, 00:28
That sounds to me like one of the packaged "upgrades" of Dino's F-14, possibly Steve Hinsons? I always found Dino's Tomcat to be good enough without mucking about with it, and I'm always wary of these big packages 'updating' somebody elses work; the odd FDE (eg on Itosan's aircraft) seems reasonable, but wholesale changes are just asking for trouble.

Motormouse
July 17th, 2013, 01:02
Possibly Andy, Dino's is the only F-14D AFAIK, the IRIS one is 'A' and a solitary 'B'..

Likewise the only Hawkeye (E-2) is one by Rick Sasala, originally made for Fs2002, but does work really well in Fs2004,
it was upgraded by 'Abacus publishing' as part of their payware 'Flight Deck' series.

ttfn

Pete

AndyG43
July 17th, 2013, 01:50
Possibly Andy, Dino's is the only F-14D AFAIK, the IRIS one is 'A' and a solitary 'B'..

Likewise the only Hawkeye (E-2) is one by Rick Sasala, originally made for Fs2002, but does work really well in Fs2004,
it was upgraded by 'Abacus publishing' as part of their payware 'Flight Deck' series.

ttfn

Pete

Actually Pete, there is another E-2C Hawkeye, made by the now defunct Gmax France team; dig around on Flightsim & you'll find it. But, yes, Rick's is still good and he did a slightly updated version to represent the E-2C2000 (with the 8 bladed props) which is also on Flightsim; oh, and of course, he also modelled the C-2 Greyhound, just to round out the set.

Macruairidh
July 17th, 2013, 05:37
I think the f-14 I downloaded came from Flyawaysimulations and was for the FSX which is making more sense. I had an F-14 that worked well but did not have gauges. I am downloading Dino Cattaneo's latest and the textures and see if that solves the problem...I also found an Issue with one of the F-4u Corsairs cockpit that was all messed up..looked good on the exterior and flew well but the cockpit was not right. I am checking into my A-6 and it may be an FSX model as well...I have not found the E-2 yet......

In an unrealted topic. How do I get a Carrier to work in the game?

I have a 3 year old HP with Windows Vista.....the game itself runs great and the the graphics are great as well. I have a the F/A-18 superhornet and it works very well. It might come down to me reading the plane description more thoroughly instead of downloading base on a photo...

Macruairidh
July 17th, 2013, 07:28
Ok. I got the F-14 b y Dino ro work with all the gauges although in Autopilot I cannot set the heading...Do I just have to turn to the heading and hit the heading hold? On other aircraft I use the mouse wheel to adjust heading....

Macruairidh
July 17th, 2013, 09:58
Definately an Issue between the F/A-18 Superhornet and the F-14B or D....Have issues with both...I had the F-14B flying great with all the textures and gauges but then the F-18 was kicking me out of the game so I started over again and am not gonna worry about the F-14...The F-18 was working great in every aspect.....I am going to try the C-1A to see if that works...