PDA

View Full Version : Help with AI traffic

shaggy
July 7th, 2013, 22:32
Hello everyone!

I guess this question has been asked and answered many times before, but here it goes anyway...
I have problem with floating AI on an addon aiport. The Ai is Addon as well.
Any thoughts or suggestions of what I can do to fix this`? I´ve tried to disable addon terrain for the scenery, to run with the stock elevation settings, but no luck.

Many thanks in advance!

dhazelgrove
July 8th, 2013, 07:23
This suggests to me that you have a traffic BGL that was compiled for a different version of the airport you're at - in that it has a different height.

You'll need to decompile the traffic BGL, adjust the height of the airport in the airports file and then recompile. If you don't already know the utility you'll need, it's called "ttools", and you should be able to obtain it from flightsim.

I can walk you through the procedures if you need it.

Dave

tgibson
July 8th, 2013, 14:42
Hi,

The simple thing to do is put a copy of the AFCAD file (ADE, etc.) into the Scenery/World/Scenery folder.

Hope this helps,

shaggy
July 8th, 2013, 21:54
This suggests to me that you have a traffic BGL that was compiled for a different version of the airport you're at - in that it has a different height.

You'll need to decompile the traffic BGL, adjust the height of the airport in the airports file and then recompile. If you don't already know the utility you'll need, it's called "ttools", and you should be able to obtain it from flightsim.

I can walk you through the procedures if you need it.

Dave

Iv´e Tried this, but im not quite sure i edited the right section. Here is what I did.

Changed
ESCK,N58* 36.64',E16* 6.20',89

To

ESCK,N58* 27.432',E16* 6.20',89

And I dont think I did the right thing.

shaggy
July 8th, 2013, 22:07
I tried what you guys said now, and all seemed well with the airport altitude.
THe only thing is that the airport now is a couple of ft beneath my AC, So my thoughts now are, if the stock airport model has to be raised in order to get this working.....

dhazelgrove
July 8th, 2013, 22:49
Iv´e Tried this, but im not quite sure i edited the right section. Here is what I did.

Changed
ESCK,N58* 36.64',E16* 6.20',89

To

ESCK,N58* 27.432',E16* 6.20',89

And I dont think I did the right thing.

The height is defined by that last figure after the comma - in your example it's shown as 89 feet ASL.
Everything before that is the airfield position, expressed as latitude and longitude in degrees and minutes.

I take it you have checked for duplicate AFCADs - just for completeness?

You don't change the airfield altitude - just the altitude in the traffic file.

Dave

shaggy
July 8th, 2013, 23:56
Yepp, checked for duplicate AFCAD`s and now changed to the correct airport elevation (as set in ADE)
One thing though..... In ADE I set my airport to the default hight of 27,432. But in fs my aircraft stands at 85,5 ft.
So maybe I got it wrong in the airports file? Maybe I wrote the hight in meters when it should be in ft?
Even so, shouldent the aircraft drop down beneath the ground if i set the altitude to 27 ft?
Maybe a bit confusing, but I think you know what im getting at mate.

BW

dhazelgrove
July 9th, 2013, 02:39
It's not the height of the airfield that's the problem here - it's the height as compiled into the traffic BGL, and it's that height you have to change.

Dave

tgibson
July 9th, 2013, 10:56
The height in the traffic BGL file is not used for placing aircraft at certain heights - it's only used to generate approaches at certain altitudes. The airport scenery BGL's decide the height of the airport and the aircraft on it.

shaggy
July 10th, 2013, 01:04
The height in the traffic BGL file is not used for placing aircraft at certain heights - it's only used to generate approaches at certain altitudes. The airport scenery BGL's decide the height of the airport and the aircraft on it.

Thats what i Thought.. And I dont know a way to change the parameters in the airport bgl file. The scenery is from 2004, so it´s quite old. Very well made though!
But If ther eis a compatible bgl to xml convert which I could use to alter the bgl file, that would be awesome.

leuen
July 10th, 2013, 02:59
I checked ESCK in my own FS, and I wasn't aware that I face exactly the same problem. So I reduced the elevation of Bravalla AB with JABBgl to 23.95 meters (former elevation at 27.1 meters - not feet) and fixed Afcad at 79 ft. Now AI is at right level.

Bernard

shaggy
July 10th, 2013, 13:58
Would it be possible for you to send me the files you changed?

Edit!
Tried it myself this morning, and it did the trick!
Thanks everyone for the help!
Now only to make some more Ai flightplans and traffic bgls... Should be fun...

shaggy
July 10th, 2013, 20:17
Getting there!

Trying to set up a first starter traffic file, whic worked great!
Will move on to schems and individual parkings later!
Thanks for the help ones again!