PDA

View Full Version : FS9 RAH-66 Comanche

assassinezzio
July 6th, 2013, 13:30
At last a useable Comanche has arrived for FS9. yes its a beta model but its a terrific start.
Well modelled and just needs a third party sound pack from a dauphin or other fenestron equipped heli.
A major gap in my hangar is now filled :salute:

http://simviation.com/1/browse-Helicopters-33-0

SteveB
July 6th, 2013, 14:20
Thanks for the Heads up.

Steve

SSI01
July 6th, 2013, 17:37
At long last - whose product is it?

assassinezzio
July 6th, 2013, 19:11
it's from a guy that did it as his first design project, not bad for a first effort it must be said.

Drzook
July 6th, 2013, 20:33
Very nice!!! For a first time effort...WOW. I'll be waiting on bated breath for the final version. :applause:

assassinezzio
July 7th, 2013, 01:04
I used a dauphin sound pack for that fenestron sound and seems to work well. Agreed , for a first effort and a challenging subject it's very nice :salute:

aeromed202
July 7th, 2013, 08:42
Thanks for the link, always thought this this would be done. Strange that if you go to Simviations latest helos, it's not there but will come up under search for Comanche. I cruise over there now and then and it looked to me like nothing new had been added for a long time.

Desert Rat
July 7th, 2013, 10:43
This got me thinking, how do we know they don't have Comanche in service, or some development of it?

Until recently we knew nothing of the 'Stealth' Blackhawks used in some important mission or other.

Just wondering,
Jamie

Blackbird686
July 7th, 2013, 11:26
You know, Jamie... I often thought the same thing about the Lockheed/Sikorski AH-56 "Cheyenne" for years. At the time of its development, it literally flew circles around everything we had, or that was in the making. The project suffered considerable cost over-runs and delays, and the eventual contract was awarded to the Boeing AH-64 Apache helicopter. Who's to say that SOMEBODY isn't flying one of the Cheyenne's around for one reason or another.

I took the RAH-66 up for a spin and it is indeed a handful. Flying sideways is a real trick, let alone at 80 KIAS. It takes a bit but once you get the chopper to boogie along you can do barrel rolls in it. Be sure there's enough air below you before trying this little stunt, "lest the ground commeth up and smite thee". Also, make sure you slow down enough distance between you and your chosen landing site. At higher speeds, this model flies like a plane and has a tendency to climb, even if you back off the collective whilst pulling gently on the cyclic. It does land very nice tho, and on takeoff, will accelerate very quickly to operational speeds.

BB686:USA-flag:

awj112
July 10th, 2013, 05:23
Here's hoping he adds a version with winglets.

Jagdflieger
July 10th, 2013, 11:40
Nice touch with the weapon's bays and chain gun turret that open with the Shift-E-2 command.

assassinezzio
July 10th, 2013, 12:52
Thoroughly enjoying it and looking forward to future tweaks and updates:salute: