PDA

View Full Version : Dreamfleet Boeing 727 Install Problems

PeteHam
July 6th, 2013, 00:33
Recently I had computer problems which meant getting a new HD and a fresh install of Win7.

On my previous Win7 installation I ran the Dreamfleet Boeing 727 for several years ( and Vista prior to that ) without any issues.

Now I can install the Dreamfleet Boeing 727 , but as soon as I select the aircraft in FS2004 all that happens is a CTD.

I've just applied and got a new Flight1 key but still the same CTD.

Stuffed if I can figure out what's causing the issue.

Any ideas anyone , please.

Thanks,

Pete.

Tom Clayton
July 6th, 2013, 06:24
My first guess would be something like a missing dll required for a gauge or something. Quite a few of those systems-modeled planes require FSUIPC. Have you re-installed that yet?

pfflyers
July 6th, 2013, 07:15
This may not help, but here's something that happened to me.I had to replace the HD that had my OS on it. Since I had my FS installs on a seperate HD I figured I'd be good to go as soon as the OS was up and running. And I was except for my Cloud9 F-4. Everytime I tried to select it I got a CTD. I finally discovered that upon original installation the software had installed something called esellerate.bgl (I think that's the name) into a Windows system folder. As soon as I got a replacement installed the Phantom worked.

PeteHam
July 6th, 2013, 21:19
Thanks guys for your input.

Tom, I had copied the previous modules into the fresh modules folder and that includes the FSUIPC, that was before this problem.

Pfflyers, I searched and couldn't find anything like that (esellerate.bgl or dll ?)

There's a few other things that aren't working properly ( like the Airport Design Editor ) which were working good as gold before.

Oh well the joys of technology :icon_lol:

Thanks again.

Pete.

Tom Clayton
July 7th, 2013, 14:44
Did you copy the GaugeSound.dll from the main folder?

PeteHam
July 7th, 2013, 17:35
Hi Tom,

I checked, it wasn't there, but even after I copied it across it never made any difference.

I've emailed the Flight1 help desk, still waiting for a reply.

Mean while I've got the ADE up and running and I've just re installed the Carenado C185 with out any problems. :jump:

Got plenty to play with ........

Pete.

Tom Clayton
July 7th, 2013, 19:04
OK - one last gasp that you've already covered... The biggest reason for mentioning it is for other users that might find this thread in the future. Be sure that the FSSound.dll is in the Modules folder and that its entry is in the fs9.cfg:

[oldmodules]
FSSound.dll=1

(If the [oldmodules] section is not there, you can add it.)

PeteHam
July 7th, 2013, 19:49
Good point Tom,

Already had that one covered from my previous cfg .....

[OLDMODULES]
FSSOUND.DLL=1
GAUGESOUND.DLL=1
SOARRec.dll=1

We'll get there eventually :salute:

Pete.

pfflyers
July 8th, 2013, 08:58
Hi Pete,

My memory is fuzzy (fuzzier by the day it seems), but I remember that eSellerate was/is part of Cloud9's anti-piracy protection system. You are probably correct in suggesting that the file in question was probably a .dll rather than .bgl file. I only mentioned it because I was surprised that it was in the Windows folder rather than in the FS9 folder. It was supposed to register the software to a specific machine thus preventing unauthorized copying. Not sure if Flight1 or Dreamfleet uses anything similar. Hopefully their support can help you.

brooker2
July 8th, 2013, 21:24
Pete
I recently rebuilt my desktop computer, and installed my simulators onto a 250 GB SSD, running Windows 7.

As Administrator, I installed most of my add-ons without any problems, however Greatest Airliners 727 gave me CTD. After uninstalling it, I re-installed using the method below.
I have the iFly 737, and their download and install advice given in their (members only) forum is very detailed and quite complicated. With this in mind, the following worked for me. YMMV.
1. Disconnect from internet. Either through Device Manager\Network adapters\disable, or pull the plug out of the wall!
2. Disable antivirus, Windows Defender, and turn off UAC (restart needed for this).
3. Restart computer, right click on the installer, and run as Administator.
Hopefully that should do the trick. After install, don't forget to turn back on the services you disabled.

I did not need to, but as a last resort, perhaps installing in "safe mode" should do it.
One annoying thing about Greatest Airliners 727 is when loading ready for takeoff (I'm lazy) only number 1 engine is running. Easily solved by editing file C:\Simulators\FS9\GA727 and scroll down to [ENGINE] and make sure "fuel cutoff=1" for all three engines. I read somewhere that you should run the 727 Configuration Manager before loading, but it does not always work for me. Other than that it is still one of the most outstanding aircraft I have for FS9.
Hope this is of some use.
Paul

PeteHam
July 9th, 2013, 01:13
Paul ..... You Da Man :applause: :applause:

Turning off the UAC did it. I was thinking about that today at work and was about to try that when I saw your post.

Thanks everyone for your help. :icon29: :icon29: :icon29:

Pete.

PeteHam
July 10th, 2013, 00:19
After successfully getting the DF B727 installed when I turned off the UAC, I did several flights and all was well. :jump:

Then I turned the UAC back on again ..... and whammo ...... CTD when I selected the aircraft :pop4:

Turn off the UAC and all good again.

I've included a pic of the UAC ( turned off ) which seems different from what I remember. I was sure it was a list that needed scrolling down , or was that the Vista one.

More we find out , the more we find we don't know ..... :icon_lol:

Pete.

Tom Clayton
July 10th, 2013, 19:56
This may or may not help, but make sure your user account has full authority over the ...\Flight Simulator 9 folder. First, make sure that you are an admin, or are logged in as an admin. Then navigate to the main folder (don't open it) and right-click it, and choose properties. Click the Security tab, then click the Edit button. Select your user account and make sure that the check box under the Allow column is checked next to Full Control (the top one). Click Apply, and sit back while Windows applies the new setting to each and every file in that directory. If anyone else uses FS on your system, do the same for them too.

PeteHam
July 11th, 2013, 01:46
Thanks Tom.

Tried that but it still only works with the UAC off.

Guess that's how it's got to be.

Pete.