PDA

View Full Version : default cub missing

aeromed202
July 5th, 2013, 11:10
This started when I noticed the default Cub as ai making huge wide turns as it was taxiing. Nothing I did made it turn tighter so I removed the aircraft and re-titled another Cub so it would be taken as the one specified in ai flightplans. What happened is that it vanished from use and was replaced by a Piper 180. Shouldn't the AC cfg title be the source for which AC gets installed as ai? When I un-did everything and went back to as it was before the 180 still prevailed. I don't really mind the switch but would like to know what is going on.:isadizzy:

Tom Clayton
July 5th, 2013, 19:16
Granted, I don't know a lot about AI, but I've never heard of FS using a backup plane in case the preferred AI plane went missing. If you're talking about default AI, it couldn't hurt to put in a fresh copy of the traffic030528.bgl file. You'll find it on CD4:
Disc4\SCENERY\WORLD.cab\

After that, grab a fresh copy of the default Cub from CD1:
Disc1\MSGAME1.CAB\Aircraft\

Getting a single file out of the World cab can be done with plain old Windows. But if you need to extract the dub without having to hunt down every single file, you'll need something like WinRar.

Beyond that, I'll defer to the gurus that actually know the ins and outs of AI.

Dangerousdave26
July 5th, 2013, 20:11
What airport was that happening at?

aeromed202
July 6th, 2013, 09:24
SBRJ in Rio. I was starting the game at the same time and seeing the same ai in the same parking spots. Then when I re-titled another Cub as the default and removed the true default that's when the Piper 180 showed up in the Cub spot. Perhaps I jumped the gun saying it entirely vanished but I haven't seen the yellow tike anywhere yet. I am still satisfied that changing a title shouldn't make any difference to ai loading as long as the change is to a similar aircraft with the same cfg data. I will reload the default in case I missed something. Getting back to the original issue of wide turns, any ideas?

Ha, finally found one at KOAK, so not missing but rather odd whatever happened. Now I think of it, what probably happened is that the turning problem prevented any number of Cubs from taking off to fly to another airport and the parking spot was simply taken by another ai.

Willy
July 6th, 2013, 11:44
Not a solution to your problem, but Bill Lyons' Cub makes for a good AI Cub.

Dangerousdave26
July 6th, 2013, 12:05
You are completely correct changing the title line will only affect which plane is displayed.

I do know if there are not enough parking spots on the ground the AI will not show.

In this case neither of these airports have AI cubs at them at default. It must be in an add on you have installed.

The only thing I can figure is when your simulator loaded another AI got the parking spot. What might define the priority I am not sure.

If you know what scenery they came from try deactivating it then activating it again. Reload FS each time.

It would be curious to know if that would give the newly active scenery preference.