PDA

View Full Version : Razbam

Pepere
January 12th, 2009, 12:58
Interesting!

Razbam announces Project Scorpion, the development of a future combat flight simulator. Initially set in the Korean conflict era, it is intended to be a true combat simulator but with the realism of FSX. Additional contributors to the project are still needed. For more information, read (http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?$=main/notams09/razb0112.htm) this press release.

David :kilroy:

Warrant
January 12th, 2009, 15:19
Razbam is going to do big stuff :woot:

I'm curious :applause:

heywooood
January 12th, 2009, 15:39
I saw that at work today - I can browse but not log on or post - and thought it was great news..I wonder if it'll be ready in two weeks :typing:

heywooood
January 12th, 2009, 17:49
Raz - have you got a deal with the Sectionf86 fellers?
because a Sabre like this in a real guns simulator would be :ernae:

Prowler1111
January 12th, 2009, 20:46
Hi Gents:
This is in the very 1st phase of the project, currently, we are taking all thatīs possible aboard and then we move into the next phase, everyone absolutely everyone is invited,no idea is disregarded, Stlkrash (RAZBAM member) is the project manager, i suggest you get in touch with him via PM or at our forums in the projectīs thread.Letīs get this rolling, but keep in mind it wont be an overnight project.
Best regards
Prowler

empeck
January 13th, 2009, 11:33
Your forum software doesn't allow me to register with my gmail account, and I don't use my other email address to register on forums, so I'll ask here. I'm curious, do you have your own engine, or are you using licensed software? Do you already know what features you'll add to your sim? What is the estimated release timeframe, two-three years, or maybe more? You've picked very interesting conflict, but there are some rumors that there is a Korea based simulator in the works on the upcoming Storm of War: Battle of Britain engine, don't you afraid the competition?

I understand you may not be able to answer all my questions, I'm just happy to see another developer trying to make a good combat simulator, best wishes to dev-team :ernae:

Prowler1111
January 13th, 2009, 11:52
Hi guys:
Sorry for the forums issue, i will have to fix that, itīs been a heck of a day but let me answer some of your questions:

Raz - have you got a deal with the Sectionf86 fellers?
Nope, but it is a great idea, wonder if they are interested in the other hand.Whatīs for sure is that all RAZBAM models already released from this period will be used for this project, so what you see in FSX(or FS9 or SF) will most likely(improved) be there, one thing we got already sure, it will have carrier based action.

I'm curious, do you have your own engine, or are you using licensed software?

Itīs based on a built from scratch engine, all i can say for now

Weīll keep you posted

We do need:

1-Coders
2-Scenery Devs
3-3d Object Devs
4-Researchers

Best regards
Prowler

kilo delta
January 13th, 2009, 12:05
Firstly...Fantastic Idea!!:woot: Would be great to have the oportunity to "go to war" in FSX.

How's about a Vietnam Era combat sim? You've already got the Skyhawks,Intruders and Skyraiders? I for one would be thrilled at dropping ordinance from the Scooters.:amen:

empeck
January 13th, 2009, 12:08
Thanks for answer, I understand you want to keep details in secret (I work in game-dev studio, I know how it is :) )

I like the idea of Korean conflict simulator, can't wait to get into MiG-15 :icon30:

lucas81
January 13th, 2009, 12:16
Those lovely MIG-15...
I was today in the Polish Aviation Museum in Krakow. I took about 150 pics of the planes from early Taube birds 1910's to MIG-29 :) Here are the Mig-15, sorry, the LIM-2 and LIM-6.

Back from OT, it would be fantastic option, Prowler. Good luck!

Lucas