PDA

View Full Version : F-4B and C Freeware model WIP shots

spins_vmfa321
June 28th, 2013, 15:16
Hello all,
Myself and a friend, Alex, are working on freeware F-4B and C Phantoms. If we can achieve certain development goals, our intentions are to develop more variants of the Phantom, possibly as payware, and hopefully have TacPac integration.

Both cockpits will be modeled. Radar will be controllable from the back. We are hoping to have little features like having the hook animation be visible in multiplayer... perhaps the RAT as well.

We're very, very excited about this project, and have big plans for the freeware versions! As we are also splitting time amongst other projects, our development is a tad slow... but we hope to have something available in the next few months? Maybe? *Shrugs*.

Anywho, here are some screenshots, and for now you can follow development on my Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/27277424@N04/sets/72157634383204664/

Comments are welcome and greatly appreciated!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7295/9160746817_214f6ea7ee_b.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3735/9162969558_812faff42c_b.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3699/9160941343_45ef44e420_b.jpg

gaucho_59
June 28th, 2013, 15:37
Hello all,
Myself and a friend, Alex, are working on freeware F-4B and C Phantoms. If we can achieve certain development goals, our intentions are to develop more variants of the Phantom, possibly as payware, and hopefully have TacPac integration.

Both cockpits will be modeled. Radar will be controllable from the back. We are hoping to have little features like having the hook animation be visible in multiplayer... perhaps the RAT as well.

We're very, very excited about this project, and have big plans for the freeware versions! As we are also splitting time amongst other projects, our development is a tad slow... but we hope to have something available in the next few months? Maybe? *Shrugs*.

Anywho, here are some screenshots, and for now you can follow development on my Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/27277424@N04/sets/72157634383204664/

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Navy Chief
June 28th, 2013, 15:47
We can never have too many Phantoms, just like there's never enough Mustangs, right? NC

DaveKDEN
June 28th, 2013, 15:49
Looks fantastic!

delta_lima
June 28th, 2013, 17:21
This is such good news. 2014 looks it's going to be a great year ...

Between the UKMIL and Flying Stations GRs, this model, RFN's F-8, ... lots of virtual kerosene is (hopefully) going to be consumed!

Gauging from your handle, you must have a bit of a USMC bias - any chance of an RF-4? Like with Alphasim's now freeware model, it could serve double duty as an RF-4B/C ... I know there were differences, but I'm sure both the air arms would be happy ... :)

cheers,

DL

airattackimages
June 28th, 2013, 17:49
You are my hero!

Stefano Zibell
June 28th, 2013, 18:03
What's the name, when someone just pops in and saves the day?

DEUS EX MACHINA

Sindhu
June 28th, 2013, 18:42
spins_vmfa321 , Salute you sir. :salute: :salute: :salute:

Craig Taylor
June 28th, 2013, 19:00
Freeware? :jawdrop:

I'd be willing to pay for a good Phantom, especially if it's a tailhooker. Just sayin'...

Yes, please!!!!!! :ernae:

Edit: Looking great, by the way. Keep up the great work! My hat's off to you polybenders.

spins_vmfa321
June 28th, 2013, 19:41
This is such good news. 2014 looks it's going to be a great year ...

Between the UKMIL and Flying Stations GRs, this model, RFN's F-8, ... lots of virtual kerosene is (hopefully) going to be consumed!

Gauging from your handle, you must have a bit of a USMC bias - any chance of an RF-4? Like with Alphasim's now freeware model, it could serve double duty as an RF-4B/C ... I know there were differences, but I'm sure both the air arms would be happy ... :)

cheers,

DL

Heya DL,
We want to do them ALL... but wanting and doing are two separate things, of course. I have constructed the model such that it should be fairly easy to substitute parts. As we've been doing our research, we've discovered so many detail differences between the various models. We would really like to capture all those detail differences as best we can, as we are very nerdy...

And yep, in general I am a bit partial to Marine Aviation. The last unit I served in the Marine Corps was with VMFA-321. In addition to our hornets, we also had an old, gutted F-4S boss bird sitting on our ramp while I was there from 98-2000. So, one small goal of mine is to at least get to the S's so I can paint one up as it. Unfortunately, I also did 7 years in the Air National Guard... so I'm kind of obligated to show the USAF some love too. :P

Jamal

trucker17
June 28th, 2013, 19:45
This is really great news.....I will be looking for this aircraft as well as A2A to finish their F-4( If and when it done.).
Screens look fantastic....:applause::applause::applause::applau se::applause::salute:

dhazelgrove
June 29th, 2013, 00:07
All those wanting access to the paintkit form up smartly on the left.....

Dave

Brian_Gladden
June 29th, 2013, 04:22
Looks fantastic!

That should be "Looks Phantastic!"

And I agree!

ST0RM
June 29th, 2013, 06:11
Well, if this is the same Jamal from the former I3D, then we're all in for an outstanding treat. His B-1B and T-37 set the mark for add-ons in FS2002.

Thanks for the news Jamal.

Jeff

spins_vmfa321
June 29th, 2013, 06:22
Geez, you've got a good memory, Storm!

DennyA
June 29th, 2013, 11:50
We can never have too many Phantoms, just like there's never enough Mustangs, right? NC
Unlike Mustangs, though, I don't think there are any FSX-native US-model Phantoms, are there? There's the poorly-reviewed AFS F-4F (German model) and the UK birds, as well as some FS2004 portovers.

So unlike Mustangs, where there seem to be over a dozen competing payware packages, this is a fresh offering unless I've missed something.

ST0RM
June 29th, 2013, 12:54
Geez, you've got a good memory, Storm!

That and excellent workmanship and attention to detail sets you apart. Nice to see you back at it.

Not sure if you remember me emailing you several years ago. I believe we were both deployed at the time, but at two different locations. Again, welcome back.

-Jeff

SiR_RiPPER
June 30th, 2013, 09:07
I should add that we're also looking for a gauge programmer to help us flesh this thing out.
We would like the B/C to have at least basic RADAR functionality. So if anyone knows a good amount of XML or even better C++/GDI+, drop us a pm here.

SiR_RiPPER
August 3rd, 2013, 09:41
Modeling is moving ahead, FDE is taking its turn and will start shaping up soon; exterior is nearing the end, the VC is a bit behind in progress but it'll get there. Work is being done in the rear cockpit, to allow for systems and FDE testing with a full instrument panel. The details will be added later, so that the FDE guys have all the instruments in their hands first.
The INS is also being implemented slowly through XML to test the functionality. Once I'm done with the VC, I'll try to migrate it over to SimConnect, to make it 100 %shared-cockpit capable.
You can find updates on the progress here as well: http://mysphericalview.blogspot.gr/?view=magazine

ST0RM
August 3rd, 2013, 10:12
Thank you for the progress report on the Phantoms. I know they will be very welcomed.

-Jeff

Sundog
August 3rd, 2013, 10:17
Thanks for the previews. I'll have to remember to use images in the cockpit as place holders for modeling when I start making planes. It also looks like you've modeled the compression ramp to be animated for the inlet. That's good to see, because I don't recall anyone ever modeling it. Nice work.

SiR_RiPPER
August 3rd, 2013, 10:31
It also looks like you've modeled the compression ramp to be animated for the inlet. That's good to see, because I don't recall anyone ever modeling it. Nice work.
The ramp is indeed animated, although I have found little info on its scheduling, so I have to improvise a bit.
What's certain is that it typically first extends at M1.5, and that still changes depending on outside conditions.

If someone has more info on that, we're all ears! :d

Ian Warren
August 3rd, 2013, 12:42
Oh Crikey , I'm extremely exciting about this one .. the pure Grey Ghost of the US Navy Wollzer! :salute:<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

SiR_RiPPER
October 1st, 2013, 10:09
Another developement update for our F-4 Phantom model is up. Work is well underway and Jamal has done a great job on the exterior model!

Here are some screenies:

More news updates, information and screenshots can be found here: Developement Blog (http://mysphericalview.blogspot.gr/?view=magazine)

Additionally, if anyone has RL F-4 experience, please PM me or Jamal (Spins_VMFA321 above).

Ian Warren
October 1st, 2013, 12:42
SIR :applause: With the flamboyant paints of the 60 and 70s , this is going to be a RIPPER :cool:<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

skyhawka4m
October 1st, 2013, 15:21
PLEASE !!!! Do a bake for the textures. :salute:

SiR_RiPPER
October 1st, 2013, 23:50
SIR :applause: With the flamboyant paints of the 60 and 70s , this is going to be a RIPPER :cool:<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

I can't wait to see and preview this one here: http://www.aviation-art.net/Gallery%20Updates%2010%2002/Sundowners%20F4.jpg
Or, in a cuter version: http://blackheartart.com/Sundowner201wordsweb.jpg

fsafranek
October 2nd, 2013, 06:40
PLEASE !!!! Do a bake for the textures. :salute:
For sure. Since you have the source it should be easy. You can paint an aircraft completely white with a baked layer and it will look good. Without them, it's just white. They really add a dimension of "life" to the final finish. Ok, back to the paint booth.

Progress shots like awesome by the way. You have a winner here.
:ernae:

Ian Warren
October 2nd, 2013, 11:58
I can't wait to see and preview this one here: http://www.aviation-art.net/Gallery%20Updates%2010%2002/Sundowners%20F4.jpg
Or, in a cuter version: http://blackheartart.com/Sundowner201wordsweb.jpg

:icon_lol: I think Blackheart's model looks more realistic ... just something about that modelling :icon_lol:
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

SiR_RiPPER
October 12th, 2013, 03:22
Like this one being tested?
We're almost done with AO maps as far as the exterior goes. They really help the detail pop out of the model! There is yet some work to do.
Spins dropped some decals on the aircraft to check for stretching and I took it for a flight as I thought it looked cool in those.
I've posted another update on the dev blog (here (http://mysphericalview.blogspot.gr/?view=magazine)), showing some nice details now that we have AO.

dhasdell
October 12th, 2013, 05:13
When you say you hope to do them all, does that include the RN and RAF versions? I hope so.

dhazelgrove
October 12th, 2013, 05:34
When you say you hope to do them all, does that include the RN and RAF versions? I hope so.

That would be marvellous, but we'll be happy with whatever is offered.

Dave

sparouty
October 12th, 2013, 05:38
Hi,
This is really a good looking paint scheme and your model looks great!
Good luck for all the work to come and thank you for sharing!
Regards,
Sylvain

falcon409
October 12th, 2013, 06:30
I have a question related to one of the shots in the blog. This is something that I asked about years ago and never really got an answer to it. One of the WIP shots is of the fwd cockpit looking straight ahead. It gives the illusion that we are only a few feet above the rwy, which if you've ever sat in the cockpit of an F-4, you know that's not the case. This isn't the only fighter that I've owned that gives that appearance of you almost sitting on the tarmac. Why is that and why isn't it possible to have the view appear higher (more correct)? Thanks!:salute:

SiR_RiPPER
October 12th, 2013, 08:48
All versions are up for consideration. Once the F-4B and RF-4B are out of the way, the rest are just modifications. We will follow McDonell's lineage, as this is the easiest way.

I have a question related to one of the shots in the blog. This is something that I asked about years ago and never really got an answer to it. One of the WIP shots is of the fwd cockpit looking straight ahead. It gives the illusion that we are only a few feet above the rwy, which if you've ever sat in the cockpit of an F-4, you know that's not the case. This isn't the only fighter that I've owned that gives that appearance of you almost sitting on the tarmac. Why is that and why isn't it possible to have the view appear higher (more correct)? Thanks!:salute:

That seems to be an inherent problem of FSX. The VC is rendered on its own, the outside world on its own as well. Then the little bubble (VC) is moved into the big bubble (scenery) and the result is a wrong sense of scale. Think of it like sitting in one of those 360 degree Simpits. The image to the side and front is OK. When you look down you will notice the image stretching. That's almost the same as with FSX.

The only way to properly replicate it is to move the VC model higher than in reality, and it'll feel right in that regard. Cloud9's F-4 has that "issue". The height feels OK, but when parked next to another F-4, you can notice you're sitting much higher than you should.

spins_vmfa321
October 12th, 2013, 10:43

I'm not sure if Alex has finalized the eyepoint yet, but the height and downward angle are likely factors. Outside references seem to be a factor as well. When I sit on a carrier, I get a sense that I'm sitting much higher.
I'm sure it'll be adjusted, especially now that there are crew models that can be used for reference.

Jamal

fliger747
October 12th, 2013, 14:48
Very different flight characteristics between the USN and AF models, the navy using additional high lift devices to bring the approach sipped down about 20 knots.

regards. T

bstolle
October 12th, 2013, 22:55
Not really. E.g. the NAVY F-4B and the Air Force F-4C have identical flight controls/flap systems.
An approximate 7kts approach speed reduction can be observed with the introduction of the drooped ailerons.

SiR_RiPPER
October 13th, 2013, 03:12
Not really. E.g. the NAVY F-4B and the Air Force F-4C have identical flight controls/flap systems.
An approximate 7kts approach speed reduction can be observed with the introduction of the drooped ailerons.
Indeed, after AFC218, the inboard flap was locked up, the ailerons were drooped and the stabilators (elevators) were modded. That decreased approach speed to ~138KCAS from ~145KCAS @38000lbs.

Very different flight characteristics between the USN and AF models, the navy using additional high lift devices to bring the approach sipped down about 20 knots.

regards. T

Both the naval and USAF variants benefitted from the later addition of leading edge slats, which helped increase low speed manoueverability while keeping the approach speed in the mid to high 130s range.

dhasdell
October 13th, 2013, 03:32
The British Phantoms, apart from some bought secondhand for the RAF, had different engines, and the RN ones had an extended nosewheel leg for catapulting from Ark Royal. It would be a bit more than a simple mod, I think.

SiR_RiPPER
October 13th, 2013, 03:44
The British Phantoms, apart from some bought secondhand for the RAF, had different engines, and the RN ones had an extended nosewheel leg for catapulting from Ark Royal. It would be a bit more than a simple mod, I think.
Jamal has modeled the F-4 so that we can easily replace individual parts without too much hassle. In that regard, widening the intakes and replacing the engines and nosegear is going to be simple, compared to cutting through a solid model. We would like to make all of them, as we said, but this is a decision that factors in a lot of other variables, not to be discussed now.

BTW, is there a RL ex-pilot of the F-4B/C/N who would like to test fly this for us?

dhasdell
October 13th, 2013, 05:03
Jamal has modeled the F-4 so that we can easily replace individual parts without too much hassle. In that regard, widening the intakes and replacing the engines and nosegear is going to be simple, compared to cutting through a solid model. We would like to make all of them, as we said, but this is a decision that factors in a lot of other variables, not to be discussed now.

Brilliant. Thank you.

kilo delta
October 13th, 2013, 05:10
BTW, is there a RL ex-pilot of the F-4B/C/N who would like to test fly this for us?

Maybe ask "jmig" from these forums. He flew the RF-4C iirc.

spins_vmfa321
October 20th, 2013, 19:23
Greetings all,
Just wanted to post up a small update of the Phantom. I have pretty much nearly completed all the shadow maps, and the plane is ready for program development and painting. Here are the latest pictures taken at Jim Daehaens (sp?) wonderfully awesome NAS Fallon.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7425/10395622914_da6c61bc5e_c.jpg

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5495/10395624465_4d7182408c_c.jpg

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5529/10395623344_4e0b97960a_c.jpg

Let me know what you all think!

Jamal

More photos from development on my flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/27277424@N04/

Flyboy208
October 20th, 2013, 19:46
The modeling and everything else looks stellar Jamal ! Mike :ernae:

Ian Warren
October 20th, 2013, 20:23
That with out a dout is seriously SPOOKY :cool:<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Sundog
October 20th, 2013, 20:41
The inlet detail is outstanding. I also think the new 1/48 Academy kit comes molded in the same color! ;)

orionll
October 20th, 2013, 22:38
Looking good! :)

MCDesigns
October 21st, 2013, 06:37
OUTSTANDING!!!:applause:

airattackimages
October 21st, 2013, 07:23
Sooo can not wait for a well built Navy Phantom!

Daube
October 21st, 2013, 07:38
Let me know what you all think!

Jamal

More photos from development on my flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/27277424@N04/

That F-4 looks sweet ! Fantastic work :)

However.... that flickr link killed me. Will I see that magnificient VF-1 in FSX ?

c87
October 21st, 2013, 09:53
The Phantom's looking great! I miss flying one in the virtual world.

SiR_RiPPER
October 21st, 2013, 12:11
The inlet detail is outstanding. I also think the new 1/48 Academy kit comes molded in the same color! ;)

Hopefully much better than Revell's 1:48. I hope to build my 1:32 Tamiya E model after we're done making the FSX 1:1 renditions.

spins_vmfa321
October 21st, 2013, 14:28
That F-4 looks sweet ! Fantastic work :)

However.... that flickr link killed me. Will I see that magnificient VF-1 in FSX ?

I'll post a pic of the VF-1(A in case you were wondering) in FSX. I don't know if I'll ever get it fully modeled into FSX... but it'd be fun to try someday!
It's fully transformable as well!

Jamal

Daube
October 22nd, 2013, 03:09
That was so cool to read ! Thanks a lot.
I understand the transformation might be problematic, but in FSX it's not really needed. What this plane really needs is a believable and usable virtual cockpit.
Sorry for the off-topic discussions guys, I just got very excited at that anime plane. :engel016:

dhazelgrove
December 20th, 2013, 08:31
How's this coming on?

Dave

SiR_RiPPER
December 20th, 2013, 15:46
How's this coming on?

Dave

It's coming along pretty well and pretty fast.
I cannot be specific right now, but expect news by year's end. And more often. :frog:

Ian Warren
December 21st, 2013, 10:53
I cannot be specific right now, but expect news by year's end. And more often. :frog:
Crikey , we all no these spooky,s are quick... but sounds like your about to hit afterburner :friendly_wink:

dhazelgrove
December 31st, 2013, 08:34
Bump.

Dave

SiR_RiPPER
January 1st, 2014, 08:50
It's been a year since I said we'll update you on our progress. Unfortunately though we don't have anything to show you right now as the exporter stubbornly refuses to export what we want to show you.

We'll get around it though.

spins_vmfa321
January 1st, 2014, 11:36
Here's a shot of the weapons I'm developing for TacPack with the F-4B in the background. The challenge is getting all of these weapons to compile with the model.
There are sub variations of each weapon, but this generally covers all of the early-Vietnam weapons the aircraft could carry.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5513/11692980945_6462ef4293_b.jpg
List of weapons (Back to Front)
Aircraft area:
-370 Gallon Wing tanks (early and late shape)
-Pylons with MER and TER racks
-600 Gallon Center Line tank
Weapons Row 1:
-M-117 (750 pound) General Purpose Bombs
-MC-1 Chemical bombs (M-117 shape)
Weapons Row 2:
-BLU-1/B (110 Gallon) Napalm Bombs
-LAU-3/A Rocket Launchers
Weapons Row 3:
-AGM-12 (GAM-83A) Bullpup Guided Missiles
-LAU-10/A Rocket Launchers
Weapons Row 4:
-AIM-7D/E Sparrow Guided Missiles
-CBU-1A/A or 2A/A Cluster munitions
Weapons Row 5:
-AIM-9B Sidewinder Guided Missiles
-MK-83 General Purpose (1000 pounds) Bombs
Weapons Row 6:
-MK-82 Snake Eyes (500 pounds) Retarded Bombs
Weapons Row 7:
-MK-82 General Purpose (500 pounds) Bombs
Weapons Row 8:
-MK-81 General Purpose (250 pounds) Bombs
Weapons Row 9:
-MK-81 General Purpose (250 pounds) Bombs with M1A1 18 inch Daisy Cutter fuze extension

Jamal

Ian Warren
January 1st, 2014, 12:02
From Fighter supreme to one wicked bomb truck, that is a great display :cool:

spins_vmfa321
January 1st, 2014, 12:15
Thank you, Ian!

And here are some cockpit shots with the latest textures from Alex and the Twins:

Pilot Pit
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7289/11693950983_33f387a8f0_h.jpg
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2884/11694081484_31c5872ae5_h.jpg

Rio Pit
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3675/11693709255_82b05ff565_h.jpg

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5486/11693947783_6bd8745e59_h.jpg

Jamal

Odie
January 1st, 2014, 12:34
Just one thing to say....bring on the "smoke and thunder"!! Very, very nice work and much anticipated addition to the hangar!

Yossarian1943
January 1st, 2014, 13:23
Looking great! :redfire:

airattackimages
January 1st, 2014, 13:56
I'm DROOLING!

SiR_RiPPER
January 5th, 2014, 20:21
Just a poser shot. I liked the idea of a yellowshirt watching the trap! :)

Ian Warren
January 6th, 2014, 01:06
She would look a RIPPER coming on board USS Enterprise :cool:

SiR_RiPPER
January 7th, 2014, 10:35
If anyone has shots of the circuit breaker panels in the rear cockpit, please PM me. I have all the CBs that are in front of the seat, but I cannot read the ones that are next to the RIO's seat, behind the DRSC panel (seen to the right, behind the ejection cords). Any help would be much appreciated!

mirage3
January 8th, 2014, 06:34
Hi spin, thanks for the model. Where to download it???? I want to found USVN (see here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?84641-New-USVN!) and as well, a historic squadron with good F-4 freeware (FSX). But i still not fond a good freeware, but yourt is a very good freeware!!!!!!!!! Can we speak of a little partnership?
As well i want to attract members, if you want more information, you can send me a PM or a mail to: info.navyvirtual@gmail.com :mixed-smiley-027:
Cheers and Happy new year!

Mirage3 :p

spins_vmfa321
January 8th, 2014, 14:15
Hi spin, thanks for the model. Where to download it???? I want to found USVN (see here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?84641-New-USVN!) and as well, a historic squadron with good F-4 freeware (FSX). But i still not fond a good freeware, but yourt is a very good freeware!!!!!!!!! Can we speak of a little partnership?
As well i want to attract members, if you want more information, you can send me a PM or a mail to: info.navyvirtual@gmail.com :mixed-smiley-027:
Cheers and Happy new year!

Mirage3 :p

Heya Mirage,
Thanks for the compliment! Ripper and I aren't finished with the plane yet. We still have quite some development time before it's ready. We're working super hard! I'm working on Tacpack integration, and Alex is the cockpit finished up. We've also got our texture artists and programmer working hard and making some awesome textures and avionics!

Soon can't come soon enough. :) But it's coming!

Jamal

mirage3
January 8th, 2014, 21:42
That's good! When you finish the deplovement, you means to give this model as freeware? I have a little experience of repainting with DXTBmp and Photoshop/Paint.NET.... If you needs a beta tester or a repainter :)
contact me with a mail or a PM!
Cheers
:p

Mirage3

Francois
January 8th, 2014, 23:03
If anyone has shots of the circuit breaker panels in the rear cockpit, please PM me. I have all the CBs that are in front of the seat, but I cannot read the ones that are next to the RIO's seat, behind the DRSC panel (seen to the right, behind the ejection cords). Any help would be much appreciated!

Not sure if there is anything for you here. I looked, but am not an expert...... http://aviation.watergeek.eu/f4j-panel.html

DC-3, Spitfire, Phantom and Huey are my all-time favorites. Bring her on !!! :applause:

Navy Chief
January 9th, 2014, 06:25

You might try emailing the Naval Aviation Museum Library at NAS Pensacola. I'd be most surprised if they don't reply with exactly what you are needing..... NC

Here's the email address:

ebuehler.navalaviation@mchsi.com

fox18delta
January 9th, 2014, 10:10

Hope this helps :-)
-paul

http://aviation.watergeek.eu/f4b-panel.html

ryanbatc
January 9th, 2014, 10:29
Looks great! Awesome!

SiR_RiPPER
January 14th, 2014, 07:01
Good news should travel quickly: I've found out how to export big models for FSX, so now Jamal's weapons display has been exported into FSX, here posing untextured, alongside an A-6 and A-4.
From a more practical point of view, this means that we can combine all the weapons into the model for TacPack while maintaining a high level of detail.

Update: Textured Circuit breaker Panel No. 1 in the rear cockpit. We're still on the lookout for any help regarding the rear one (No.2)

Ian Warren
January 14th, 2014, 10:46
Update: Textured Circuit breaker Panel No. 1 in the rear cockpit. We're still on the lookout for any help regarding the rear one (No.2)

Alex Ill have the photos or details tomorrow morning, Peter contacted me yesterday mention he lost my mailing address, I'm very sure it will have all the detailed information require plus a heck of a lot more :encouragement:

spins_vmfa321
January 14th, 2014, 11:13
Alex Ill have the photos or details tomorrow morning, Peter contacted me yesterday mention he lost my mailing address, I'm very sure it will have all the detailed information require plus a heck of a lot more :encouragement:

Thanks alot, Ian!

Jamal

Ian Warren
January 14th, 2014, 11:20
Thanks alot, Ian!

Jamal
Jamal , tell you the truth ... really looking forward to this , something around 4000 pages of detail and data ... I need a bigger book shelf :adoration:

Navy Chief
January 14th, 2014, 11:39
Did you try contacting the Naval Aviation Museum Library? Every time I have asked for their help, they have provided more than I needed! NC

airattackimages
January 14th, 2014, 13:06
I'm in love with this project!

SiR_RiPPER
January 14th, 2014, 13:24

Thanks a lot Ian, I'm eagerly anticipating for your references!

Did you try contacting the Naval Aviation Museum Library? Every time I have asked for their help, they have provided more than I needed! NC

I haven't thought of that. I live in Europe, so IDK if they'll be able to help. Do they share information digitally?

trevytt2004
January 28th, 2014, 14:51
Hello all,

Jamal,

Long time no see.......
Trev from the old I3D days, did your skins for the B-1B and as i remember, your unreleased F-15C. How have you been my friend. Is Jdata involved with this project? Lost touch with Lewy too.

Great to see you're still hard at the modelling.......did anything become of the Viggen?

All the best

Trev

Navy Chief
January 28th, 2014, 15:00
Thanks a lot Ian, I'm eagerly anticipating for your references!

I haven't thought of that. I live in Europe, so IDK if they'll be able to help. Do they share information digitally?

Oh yes, they will email you material, and hopefully everything you need:). NC

Sundog
January 28th, 2014, 16:01
Jamal, Long time no see....... Trev from the old I3D days, did your skins for the B-1B and as i remember, your unreleased F-15C. How have you been my friend. Is Jdata involved with this project? Lost touch with Lewy too. Great to see you're still hard at the modelling.......did anything become of the Viggen? All the best Trev I didn't realize that's who this is doing the modeling. I was really looking forward to the Viggens, especially the SK. I hope an FSX Viggie materializes someday. But I'm excited about all of the F-4's heading our way now. :)

spins_vmfa321
January 28th, 2014, 16:16
Jamal,

Long time no see.......
Trev from the old I3D days, did your skins for the B-1B and as i remember, your unreleased F-15C. How have you been my friend. Is Jdata involved with this project? Lost touch with Lewy too.

Great to see you're still hard at the modelling.......did anything become of the Viggen?

All the best

Trev

Wow, how's it going Trev!! It has been a long time! Julian isn't on this one, I'm trying to get him back on a project. Lewis I haven't talked to in a bit. And Swede has stopped modeling altogether years ago. He and Phlerp were working on the Viggen.

Hit me up sometime!

Jamal

trevytt2004
January 28th, 2014, 16:24
Wow, how's it going Trev!! It has been a long time! Julian isn't on this one, I'm trying to get him back on a project. Lewis I haven't talked to in a bit. And Swede has stopped modeling altogether years ago. He and Phlerp were working on the Viggen.

Hit me up sometime!

Jamal

Great to hear from you, what ever happened to the F-15 series we were playing with, i remember painting so many variations of that some 10 years back, ferris, israeli, nasa test schemes and also your Massachusetts units..

Trev

airattackimages
January 28th, 2014, 16:59
Looking great!

spins_vmfa321
January 28th, 2014, 17:35
Great to hear from you, what ever happened to the F-15 series we were playing with, i remember painting so many variations of that some 10 years back, ferris, israeli, nasa test schemes and also your Massachusetts units..

Trev

I still have the models, F15A, B, C and D, updated quite a bit. I would like to revisit it someday.

Jamal

BrittMac
January 28th, 2014, 18:04
I still have the models, F15A, B, C and D, updated quite a bit. I would like to revisit it someday.

Jamal

Oh sweet baby Jesus, please! (wrong topic, but your work so far looks amazing, and we desperately need some Eagles amongst the other planes these days).

And keep up the great work on the Hornet and Phantom. Absolutely top notch stuff in those screenshots.

simulloyd
January 28th, 2014, 18:09
I will gladly donate once this project is done.

Thank you!

airattackimages
January 29th, 2014, 08:08
Same here. Guaranteed donation

dhazelgrove
February 2nd, 2014, 07:21
How's this coming on?

Dave

Navy Chief
February 2nd, 2014, 10:13
Just wondering if you contacted the museum at NAS Pensacola, and if they replied?

I have a contact there, a retired Master Chief, who runs the Maint. Pubs library. If he doesn't have the materials you want, he can check with the main historical library. But am almost positive the maint pubs library would have it. NC

SiR_RiPPER
February 2nd, 2014, 16:10
I didn't get a reply from Pensacola, unfortunately. I would appreciate getting in touch with your contact there, Master Chief.

Dave, the F-4B is in afterburner, as we're making a strong push on some features. I cannot tell anything else other than it's being worked on hard, day and night -the good thing about developers having 5-8h of timezone difference.

mirage3
February 16th, 2014, 04:26
I didn't get a reply from Pensacola, unfortunately. I would appreciate getting in touch with your contact there, Master Chief.

Dave, the F-4B is in afterburner, as we're making a strong push on some features. I cannot tell anything else other than it's being worked on hard, day and night -the good thing about developers having 5-8h of timezone difference.

Excuse me, when this wonderful model is finish, it can be downloaded from where?
Cheers

mirage3
February 20th, 2014, 11:21
Hi, what can be maked to help you? I were happy if i can help! :)

Miro :p

Navy Chief
February 20th, 2014, 14:40

Forgive me for not replying to your post sooner. I did mention to my MCPO friend that you are in need of information. Could you PM me exactly what you are needing? Maybe we can communicate via email. I can relay your needs to (his name is Frank!), and am sure you will get everything you are missing. Let me know. Pete

dhazelgrove
March 29th, 2014, 06:17
Any movement on this?

Dave

Navy Chief
March 29th, 2014, 07:42
I am not involved with this project, except to say that I was contacted by the designer. He told me that my friend in Pensacola, who volunteers for the Naval Aviation Museum, has been quite helpful in providing technical data. My friend is a retired Master Chief (spent 34 years on active duty). He runs the maintenance publications library for the museum.

NC

spins_vmfa321
March 30th, 2014, 06:02
I am not involved with this project, except to say that I was contacted by the designer. He told me that my friend in Pensacola, who volunteers for the Naval Aviation Museum, has been quite helpful in providing technical data. My friend is a retired Master Chief (spent 34 years on active duty). He runs the maintenance publications library for the museum.

NC

Frank is awesome! He helped out alot, and gave me some cool docs, and an awesome tour of the museum. My buddy Sammy and I heard we actually missed you down there by a couple of weeks!

Jamal

Navy Chief
March 30th, 2014, 06:46
Frank is awesome! He helped out alot, and gave me some cool docs, and an awesome tour of the museum. My buddy Sammy and I heard we actually missed you down there by a couple of weeks!

Jamal

If I understood Frank correctly, we left Pensacola to return back to Fort Myers 6 days before you arrived. Maybe next time, eh? I trust you got a tour of that fantastic museum? I like seeing the restoration hangar. The general public does not see inside that, so it always helps to have a shipmate like Frank, who could show me around. All of the folks who work at the museum are extremely dedicated, and love what they do. Pete