PDA

View Full Version : My new friend (cat)

Daveroo
June 26th, 2013, 09:30
shes a "tuxedo"..never heard of it..but shes grey and white rather than black and white.4 years old.the description says she likes to nap in private.which will be fine in my rv..i am really looking forward to saturday now.
below will be some pics of Dori,and one of the container similar to the one Haley will be returned in.

TARPSBird
June 26th, 2013, 09:58
Dave, last year when I had my dog Joker cremated they returned his ashes in a nice lithographed metal can with a floral pattern. Looks like it should contain Christmas hard candy instead of the old boy's cremains. I was going to get a more expensive urn, but the can makes me smile so he's staying where he is. :icon_lol:

Typhoon Willy
June 26th, 2013, 10:12
Yeah, they say she likes to nap in private now, but just wait 'til after she gets used to you! She looks great, by the way! As my wife and I say, "Two laps, no waiting."

TW

Ferry_vO
June 26th, 2013, 10:23
That's a good looking cat Dave!

Odie
June 26th, 2013, 10:36
That's a good looking cat Dave!

Cute as a button, Dave! When our Whitey passed, we used a pet cremation service that returned him in a nice vase that sits in one of our display cases in the living room. Every now and then
we'll pass the case and give the vase a little pet. I waited about 3 months before adopting a new friend from the local shelter. Raztus is 5 years old now and quite the character.

Give her some time, she'll get used to you and likewise, you to her. Before long, her personality will emerge and you'll be bonding.

WarHorse47
June 26th, 2013, 10:46
We've always loved cats.

Our last cat, Samantha, was put to sleep over five years ago after being with us for over 18 years. Naturally, it hurt us deeply, and my wife agreed that we would not have another cat until after I retired.

I've been retired for about a year now, and still now cat of our own. But that is okay as our neighbor's cat has become my new girl friend.

Every morning Kaiko comes over to talk and be petted. Naturally, there are some treats lying around. On sunny days she spends most the day sunning herself on our deck while the wife and I read. Whenever I'm working on the cars or in the garage, she is there to supervise me. I get the companionship of having a cat around, but without the litter of feeding.

Did I tell you I love cats?? :icon_lol:

SSI01
June 26th, 2013, 11:02
Departed pets are never far from our minds, having them cremated and the ashes returned is one way of keeping them with the family. We had that done with our little Hawaiian long-haired chihuahua Leia three years ago, she was returned in a similar box in a nice green felt bag, and she resides with us now.

We now have a chihuahua and two cats, black & white and a grey, black and white ringtail. All are females. I can not go anywhere in this house without an entourage following me around. When in the back office and on the sim, I have all three at my feet. I am also reminded it's bedtime with the dog's front paws on my thigh and one of the cats, usually "M," reaching up and massaging my back over the top of the chair with her paws. "Q," the other cat, plays fetch with any rolled-up piece of paper you throw across the floor. Does anyone here have a cat that performs similar tricks?

Odie
June 26th, 2013, 11:28
Departed pets are never far from our minds, having them cremated and the ashes returned is one way of keeping them with the family. We had that done with our little Hawaiian long-haired chihuahua Leia three years ago, she was returned in a similar box in a nice green felt bag, and she resides with us now.

We now have a chihuahua and two cats, black & white and a grey, black and white ringtail. All are females. I can not go anywhere in this house without an entourage following me around. When in the back office and on the sim, I have all three at my feet. I am also reminded it's bedtime with the dog's front paws on my thigh and one of the cats, usually "M," reaching up and massaging my back over the top of the chair with her paws. "Q," the other cat, plays fetch with any rolled-up piece of paper you throw across the floor. Does anyone here have a cat that performs similar tricks?

Yessir, our cat can be in another room on the other side of the house, but crumple a piece of paper up, and he's instantly in the room, eyes
locked on the paper. Give it a toss and he's after it!

Usually when it gets to be about 11pm, he starts herding my wife towards the bedroom by laying closer and closer to her on the floor. If she ignores him, he'll get up and
move a little closer. As soon as she stands up, he's headed to the bed, where his pad is located. He'll sleep there for a couple of hours, then relocate to the loveseat
in the living room. Oh, and he's a talker too. We have a regular conversation each day when I get home from work.

Daveroo
June 26th, 2013, 13:20
haley "told" me when it was bedtime too,every night at 8pm....mind you it was HER bedtime..not so much mine..but she would start by headbutting my leg...which im really going to miss the headbutting she did...then she would go lay in front of the bottom step and sigh..yes sigh..loudly too...was so funny to hear..then if i still didnt respond..she would move to the top step of the bathroom level and sit on her butt with her paws close in to her body..then the low "talking" began....soft meows at first..ending with looud yowls...if i still didnt go to bed..she would go on up to the bed..jump up on the bed and lay on the foot of the bed on the corner facing to the livingroom and my desk...and then i would get the stinkeye....at which point id usually give in and go to bed because it would be around 9:30 by this time..and im usually "done" by then...back pain...then she would curl up in my arm...and once the snoring began..she would move to my feet...lol

Quicksand
June 26th, 2013, 14:35
She is a very pretty girl, Daveroo. I'm smiling so hard right now it actually hurts a little. LOL! Congrats my friend. Praying you two will bond quickly and become a real team together... :jump::icon_lol::applause:

Toastmaker
June 26th, 2013, 16:34
Give her the gift of a little of your love and she'll give you all she's got. But, you already knew that, I'm sure.

:running:

Javis
June 26th, 2013, 17:18
Well done, Dave ! She's a cutie, very happy for you ! ( and her too :) )

cheers,
jan

Naismith
June 26th, 2013, 23:07
The BBC recently did a show on the Secret Life of the Cat, I d/l it from my ISP's newsgroup server. I'm a dog man but it is still fascinating and surprising what they get up to when they go out at night and how they interact with other animals and felines in their neighborhood. Their owners had no clue. It's worth checking out if you can find it.
Meanwhile here is an amusing cat diary.

http://youtu.be/PKffm2uI4dk

Found it - or at least a bit of it.......

http://youtu.be/olMXLMqrSUY

Mick
June 27th, 2013, 05:55
Dave,

Please accept my belated sympathy on your loss of your beloved Haley.

ConCATulations on your adoption of sweet Dori! I wish you both many years of love and happiness.

Mick