PDA

View Full Version : Request: FSX scenery designer!

JensOle
January 12th, 2009, 10:49
Hi,

Some of you might remember that I have shown pictures here at the forum of several sceneries for the major Norwegian Air Force bases (<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on">Rygge</st1:City> <st1:State w:st="on">AB</st1:State>, <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Ørland</st1:City> <st1:State w:st="on">AB</st1:State></st1:place>) made by the talented designer Kjell Arild Bersås back in the FS9 days. The sceneries were made as 3DS max scene files and I believe they were among the very best of military airbases build back then (he also has a Bardufoss AB scenery mad as a gmax scene file which is also available for FSX conversion). Kjell Arild got other priorities in life with family and work and he never released the sceneries. The sceneries include everything from the rather complex taxiway layout with dispersal aircraft shelters to support buildings etc, all with textures.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
It is a shame that such great stuff should not be made available and I want to ask if there is any scenery designer out there who can make use of the 3ds max “scene” files and want to take on the job with converting them to FSX sdk standard. Kjell Arild is more than happy with this idea himself too. I will help out with getting all relevant files from him and providing additional information if it is needed.
<o:p></o:p>
I really hope that one of the many talented FSX scenery designers here at the SoH community will help us out with making these sceneries a reality!
Feel free to contact me if more information is needed!
Best regards
Jens-Ole