PDA

View Full Version : FSX engine start-up sound loop???

tommieboy
June 23rd, 2013, 10:59
In searching for some new radial engine sounds from the Virtavia Martin Mars, I notice that the engine starter / start-up sounds loop for a second time and then the engine will settle in to its idle. It does sound a bit odd to here engine hesitate and then have the starter / start-up sounds kick in once again.....I checked a couple other radial engined aircraft, and it does the same thing for those aircraft too. Is this an FSX bug? I'm running FSX Acceleration.

I should add that I typically just use Ctrl-E to quick start my flights.

TIA

Tommy

ncooper
June 23rd, 2013, 11:17
It's not an FSX bug, it may be that the sound.cfg file doesn't suit your aircraft.
You aren't hearing the sound of the next engine starting, are you?

tommieboy
June 23rd, 2013, 11:41
It's not an FSX bug, it may be that the sound.cfg file doesn't suit your aircraft.
You aren't hearing the sound of the next engine starting, are you?

Even the default sound files that come with the Martin Mars does this. Normally I just use Ctrl-E to start the engines, but to test out the starter / start-up sounds, I've been isolating each engine via the keyboard E-1, E-2, etc. commands. So for the time being, I am only starting up one engine at a time.

Tommy

Delta_Whiskey
June 26th, 2013, 22:59
the Mars Airfile does not have record label 505 , this declares starter torque
a typical value is .35 , a higher value will reduce your start time and allow you to sync to your sound file of choice.

an airfile editor will be needed to copy/paste record 505 into the Mars and allow you to then tweak the value

other records can influence this as well such as propeller inertia and such
.. but i use that for shut down tweaking and that one also affects throttle response

hope this gets you started .

regards