PDA

View Full Version : CFS 3 Mission builder tutorial

tenspeed
June 20th, 2013, 18:30
Where might I find this? I had this years ago but in my search I can't find it. It more likely got lost in a HD crash as I have all my burnt CD's together. Anyway, loaded CFS3 back up and wanted to play around with it.

Thanks

Pat Pattle
June 20th, 2013, 20:45
In the mb folder in your cfs3 directory is a help folder and in this a file 'helppage.htm' - mine doesn't work though for some reason!
Does anybody else have this working?

tenspeed
June 21st, 2013, 15:11
Thanks for the reply Pat. I saw the MB folder and thought it was in there but was looking for a pdf file. Anyway, I found the HTML file and mine doesn't work either. It could be either a Windows 7 thing (as that's what I have) or it's attached to a CFS3 site that MS no longer maintains. The images are there though. I did print one out, way back, but would like another that was in better condition. If I can't figure a way to get the one in the game file to work I'll try and re-do the one I have. I'm going to copy the MB folder onto a thumb drive and take it into work tomorrow and try it on a machine that's still running XP as I printed from an XP machine and know it worked once.

Dean

tenspeed
June 21st, 2013, 17:21
It works in Vista.

HouseHobbit
June 21st, 2013, 18:45
There is some good information in the Projected Knowledge Base section Here on the Forum for mission building..
I am unable to open this file in the MB folder with XP..
Will try to check on my newer Win 7 machine..HTML File..

tenspeed
June 21st, 2013, 19:11
I was able to open it with my old machine that had XP on it. My current machine has 7 and it won't open it. It might open in 7 but probably need a box clicked somewhere. I haven't looked that hard but will search more this weekend.

Would be interesting to see if yours opens it in 7. Let me know please.

I did see the knowledge base section, thanks though.

FireStorm II
June 22nd, 2013, 04:56
It opens with Win7 SP1 only if you click in window
"Allow Blocked Content" at the bottom on the screen.

If you wait too long, this little window disappears!

tenspeed
June 22nd, 2013, 17:07
It opens with Win7 SP1 only if you click in window
"Allow Blocked Content" at the bottom on the screen.

If you wait too long, this little window disappears!

I have Windows 7 SP1 and when I click the box the message disappears and nothing is displayed.