PDA

View Full Version : USB Monitor

Pepere
June 20th, 2013, 06:31
I purchased a USB monitor so I could use Panel Builder and place the instruments on it. However the software that comes with the monitor makes the USB monitor a third monitor and FSX tries to use it as such and not very successful, mess FSX all up. I already have a second monitor which works fine but I need this USB Monitor in such a way that FSX does not try to use it yet Panel Builder can use it. Any Help Out there????

David

Navy Chief
June 20th, 2013, 07:05
I would be interested in that, myself. I've also heard that an iPad can be used that way, but have not tried it. NC

Pepere
June 20th, 2013, 07:52
I can use the monitor in Windows mode of FSX with Panel Builder - But I would rather be in full mode. that's why I purchased the USB monitor. If I can't use it the way I want I will send it back....

David

MarkH
June 20th, 2013, 08:52
I can use the monitor in Windows mode of FSX with Panel Builder - But I would rather be in full mode

It can't be done - this is a limitation of FSX, not Panel Builder. But you do have the option of running Panel Builder on a separate PC, which works well. Panel Builder doesn't handle multiple monitors well, BTW.

Pepere
June 20th, 2013, 09:46
Yes! Shut USB Monitor off - turn on fsx - get in full mode - send FSX to task bar - start USB Monitor - start Panel Builder and connect to fsx - bring FSX back up all is running as it should. Only noted problem is can't click on USB Monitor while in FSX or it goes to Desk top, not crash just goes to task bar. Works anyway!!

David

PS: You can tell Panel Builder which Monitor to display to...