PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Milviz F-86 Sabre

Dumonceau
June 18th, 2013, 08:43
Hello,

I purchased the Milviz F-86 Sabre, and although it looks very nice indeed, I cannot get it to start or fly.

Is anyone aware of alterations that can be made to the panel.cfg file so that I can just get into the bird and fly it?

I tried the quick start mentioned in the manual, but for some reason that doesn't work.

I would appreciate some help here, because now the purchase amounts to a waste of money. I just don't have the time to figure it out.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Dumonceau

Alpha Two Zero
June 18th, 2013, 08:50
Hi Dumonceau,
OK I am just loading my F-86 take some shots and will post up hoping this will help. Give me a couple of mins.
Regards
Timm

Dumonceau
June 18th, 2013, 08:54
Hi Dumonceau,
OK I am just loading my F-86 take some shots and will post up hoping this will help. Give me a couple of mins.
Regards
Timm

Thanks Timm!! :jump:

Ferry_vO
June 18th, 2013, 08:54
Since it uses the Flight1 wrapper I assume their 30-day refund policy will also work for this aircraft.

It's really not that hard to start, just follow the instructions on page 5 of the manual ("Just tell me how to start it."), the only tricky is the timing to click the throttle. Wait about 3 seconds to click it after clicking the battery switch.

Dumonceau
June 18th, 2013, 09:00
I'm really frustrated about this. Why can't they include the ctrl+e functrionality in every model?

Not all of us are real life pilots and some of us just indulge in this hobby to blow off steam and relax...

And I'm way past the 30 day refund period...

bstolle
June 18th, 2013, 09:05
You can't start her up since more than 30 days ? Now that's what I call endurance ;)
Starting the Milviz F-86 is as complicated as pressing ctrl+e !

cortomalteseit
June 18th, 2013, 09:26
4 or 5 clicks and your bird is ready... refer to the manual and you don't have to wait so long, it's more easy than you think!

Alpha Two Zero
June 18th, 2013, 09:27
Hi,
Have a look on page 3 of the manual that will help also.

Here is a shot of the switches, Now I have moved the APU hotspot over to the right so it in the same area as the switches. Also make sure your throttle is moved up slighty and not in the fully closed position.

Dumonceau
June 18th, 2013, 09:41
You can't start her up since more than 30 days ? Now that's what I call endurance ;)
Starting the Milviz F-86 is as complicated as pressing ctrl+e !

Endurance? Hardly! A lack of time and a busy life are more like it. I just have a life, a busy one. But obviously Milviz couldn't care less about people who have a life...

is there really no one who can tell me what to comment out in the panel.cfg to make this bird just go after ctrl+e?

bstolle
June 18th, 2013, 09:43
But obviously Milviz couldn't care less about people who have a life...
troll alert.....

BTW, did you even care to read all the help that has been provided within a few minutes ???

Dumonceau
June 18th, 2013, 09:48
troll alert.....

BTW, did you even care to read all the help that has been provided within a few minutes ???

Yes I have and I am thankful for it.

I'm also thankful for being called a troll...

bstolle
June 18th, 2013, 09:52
you're welcome

kilo delta
June 18th, 2013, 10:01

ColoKent
June 18th, 2013, 10:02
1. Throttle out of cutoff and into "Idle"
2. "Shift-2" to bring up ground options - Select "Ground Power" and "Chocks"
3. Engine Master Switch - "On"
4. Battery - Starter Switch (just below Engine Master Switch) to "Starter"
5. Watch RPM gauge, when RPM stabilizes, hit "Starter Stop Button"
6. "Shift-2" to bring up ground options - DE-select "Ground Power" and "Chocks"

Ready to Taxi....

Kent

krazycolin
June 18th, 2013, 10:06
I'd like to see your purchase info please.

krazycolin
June 18th, 2013, 10:26
I will arrange for reimbursement for you should you wish, just show me your purchase info. Unless, of course, you don't have the time....

As to helping further, not until I see your purchase info. This is, after all, a support issue.

Dumonceau
June 18th, 2013, 10:47
I will arrange for reimbursement for you should you wish, just show me your purchase info. Unless, of course, you don't have the time....

As to helping further, not until I see your purchase info. This is, after all, a support issue.

I'll mail it to you. I'm not about to plaster my personal details on a public forum.

For what it is worth, I don't want the money back, I just want to fly the bird.

cortomalteseit
June 18th, 2013, 10:53
Milviz F-86F-30 Quick start videoclip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXX71W67Nf4

krazycolin
June 18th, 2013, 11:15
Plastering isn't expected. Email is fine

nio
June 18th, 2013, 12:21
I note that Milviz accurately describe the principal features of this aircraft on its website.

One of the advertised features is realistic start-up and shutdowns.

Milviz also provides the opportunity for a potential purchaser to download the manual, without any purchase commitment.On my reading, the manual leaves no doubt as to the start up procedure required.

The reviews of the product, which I have been able to locate, also record and refer to the start up procedure.

I would like to congratulate Milviz on its transparency and honesty in the marketing of its products.

best

nio

WarHorse47
June 18th, 2013, 12:53
Dumonceau, do not give up.

It took me awhile to master the startup. Only after I watched the video on YouTube several times did I get it down right.

BTW, the Milviz T-38 is just as challenging.

--WH

griphos
June 18th, 2013, 13:30
I appreciate the efforts of developers to recreate as much realism as possible in the addon aircraft they offer. I think the idea that a developer is being somehow callous or inconsiderate because they work hard to offer such realism is a bit strange. Of course, those who don't want that kind of realism certainly don't have to buy the aircraft. There are plenty of aircraft that can be bought that default to the incredibly unrealistic ctrl-e startup procedure. But as for me, I'll happily keep spending my FSX pennies for aircraft like the F-86 and the new AN-2 and others like them that offer the extra value of more simulation depth and realistic procedures.

huub vink
June 18th, 2013, 14:00
There is no reason to become impolite. I would appreciate it if you could discuss inquiries about purchase details at the Milviz forums, by PM or by e-mail.

I don't think it serves any purpose to see two people quarreling about something nobody else in interested in.

Thanks for you understanding and cooperation,
Huub

krazycolin
June 19th, 2013, 02:52
There's no quarrel but I would very much like to see his purchase info... Very much.

Dumonceau
June 19th, 2013, 02:56
Thanks to the pointers of Timm and cortomalteseit, I finally succeeded in getting the Sabre off the ground. Thanks a million guys!

n4gix
June 19th, 2013, 11:31
I am happy to learn that you've now mastered the startup procedure.

To answer your question about why no "Ctrl-E" start is available, it is simply that we can only have one or the other, but not both in this aircraft. The "Ctrl-E" method is strictly limited to FS aircraft that use only the simple magneto starter or jet starter system, neither of which would allow for us to model the actual, real world starter system.

Now, that said, in future projects for which I'm responsible I'll make the extra effort to code a "one click to start" system. :icon_lol:

Dumonceau
June 19th, 2013, 11:52
I am happy to learn that you've now mastered the startup procedure.

To answer your question about why no "Ctrl-E" start is available, it is simply that we can only have one or the other, but not both in this aircraft. The "Ctrl-E" method is strictly limited to FS aircraft that use only the simple magneto starter or jet starter system, neither of which would allow for us to model the actual, real world starter system.

Now, that said, in future projects for which I'm responsible I'll make the extra effort to code a "one click to start" system. :icon_lol:

Thank you for the reply Bill. And even more thanks for the intention to code a "one click to start" system.

I'm quite aware that this forum is a hard core simming forum, but not all of us have a pilots license or enough time to master all the systems in the many models released.

I do appreciate the effort that goes into the modelling of those systems, but sometimes people just like to get up and fly, look and marvel at the beauty that is there without having to bother about systems. I worry about systems during my working days. When I'm home and I want to enjoy my hobby, I want to do exactly that, without having to ****.

I also honestly believe that it would open up more of the market to the devs if people could just jump into the kites and fly them if and when they want to. Without having to read a checklist, manual or NOTAMS.

Like the WOP3 series. I own most of them, but they are hangered. I have the WOP2 and 3 P-40, but the WOP3 (which is a lot nicer looking) is never flown. Why? Because it is a bother to get up into the air. And that is a pity. All simmers should be able to fly whatever plane they buy.

Flightsim to me is relaxation, yoga if you want. I enounter more than enough intellectual challenges during work.

Now that is just MHO. If that get's me being called names like troll or if people insinuate that I haven't legally bought stuff, that is their problem, not mine.

But again, thanks for your reply!

Dumonceau

Naruto-kun
June 19th, 2013, 12:20
As the primary programmer on the F-86, I had 2 reasons for blocking Ctrl E one of which N4GIX has already explained. The second reason is this aircraft is really simple. There arent a lot of systems to deal with. After all it was meant to be scrambled quickly to get to the fight. Quite frankly, a special quick starter just wasnt worth the effort. The simplest things can become quite complex in the realm of code. For upcoming, more complex projects that I will be handling like the F-15C, I will be including a quick start switch even though the F-15C engine start process is really simple as well. The reason being there are a whole lot of other vital systems that have to be set up (CAS, DTM, INS, CC, TACAN/ILS, Comm radios, Radar, amongst others) which run through complex self test programs. When i do a mission in the F-15 at vUSAF, I want to it to be as real as it gets so I would of course, do it like the book. But there are times when i just want to have a fling (or during actual testing and development) where i really dont have the time to go through the startup and a quickstart will be useful. So it will be implemented quite early on in development. However, Ctrl-E will still be blocked, (or rather, redirected as a keyboard shortcut to my quick start system) because if i allow it to go through to the FSX engine, it will interfere with my attempts to improve on the realism and behaviour of jet engines, which I am doing outside of the sim. I am running into enough interference as it is (successfully overridden so far but still a source of slight annoyance to me) when FSX tries to push its own stuff through.

FentiFlier1
June 19th, 2013, 12:35
Dumonceau, personally I love complex procedures :mixedsmi: but I quite understand the need for a shortcuts that enable a quick relaxing flight (after supper in my case!).

Anyway, the WOP3 series have an autostart (all ready to go) button which you can access via the Shift-3 popup menu: two hits and you're off!

Owen.

krazycolin
June 19th, 2013, 13:04
Thank you for the reply Bill. And even more thanks for the intention to code a "one click to start" system.

I'm quite aware that this forum is a hard core simming forum, but not all of us have a pilots license or enough time to master all the systems in the many models released.

I do appreciate the effort that goes into the modelling of those systems, but sometimes people just like to get up and fly, look and marvel at the beauty that is there without having to bother about systems. I worry about systems during my working days. When I'm home and I want to enjoy my hobby, I want to do exactly that, without having to ****.

I also honestly believe that it would open up more of the market to the devs if people could just jump into the kites and fly them if and when they want to. Without having to read a checklist, manual or NOTAMS.

Like the WOP3 series. I own most of them, but they are hangered. I have the WOP2 and 3 P-40, but the WOP3 (which is a lot nicer looking) is never flown. Why? Because it is a bother to get up into the air. And that is a pity. All simmers should be able to fly whatever plane they buy.

Flightsim to me is relaxation, yoga if you want. I enounter more than enough intellectual challenges during work.

Now that is just MHO. If that get's me being called names like troll or if people insinuate that I haven't legally bought stuff, that is their problem, not mine.

But again, thanks for your reply!

Dumonceau

There is no insinuation that you didn't buy it. I would like to see the proof of purchase for anyone that asks for help outside of the support forums.

I am waiting for yours still...

griphos
June 19th, 2013, 13:11
I'm definitely not wanting to pick a fight, but I do find the attitude that starting a plane realistically reduces the relaxation factor in a flight sim a bit puzzling. It is a flight sim, after all. I guess there's a line somewhere. I don't fly the NGX much because I never can remember all the procedures on the few occasions I fly it. But it seems like a realistic but simple start up procedure ranks with a realistic flight model as pretty much an essential feature of a simulation. Starting, taxiing, taking off, flying around, landing...those are the basics of a flight simulation. I suppose it's up to everyone to decide which of those are too much trouble. Or perhaps all of those are fine, but programming a FMC crosses the line from enjoyment to work.

I think it's fine for there to be options, so that everyone can inhabit the sim the way they prefer. But I doubt there's too much more business to be had by those who don't want that much simulation. Wasn't the new Flight from MS exactly that sort of thing? Didn't do too well.

Like I said, can't get it too realistic for me. Even if it's more realistic that I frequently wish to enjoy...I very much appreciate the kind of labor that goes into creating that realism.

stovall
June 19th, 2013, 14:01
Looks like this thread has served it's purpose. All future inquiries can be referred directly to the Milviz support forum. Over and Out.