PDA

View Full Version : FSX SOUNDSET for the Pratt & Whitney R-1340

FSX68
June 17th, 2013, 07:10
I "stumbled" upon this and though I's share. Wondering the three "W's" what where and when on this one.

These short clips demonstrates the preview, of a soundset that is to be released freeware, with an upcoming re-worked package of Warwick Carters T-6 Texan, for FSX.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH-uma_hB3M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9ffKEBvzRrc

I also read the following (below) and added it to this post.
"The sounds will be made available, as part of the complete package. The rework will include hi-def textures, modified flight dynamics, and the adoption of the "RealEngine" module. Updates will be posted at SOH as the work continues"

I wonder if this is available now? I also quote another entry at the location of the youtube video #2:

"Look for release fall 2012 at the FASA website"

Any one out there confirm this?

GaryGB
June 17th, 2013, 11:54
Hello:

Thanks for the heads up on this (pending ?) release... that's an outstanding sound set ! :icon_eek:

Google turned up this web page on what appears to be the FASA website which has a (new ?) Forum system as of 2013:

http://www.fsxairsports.com/projects/002/

The folks from FASA apparently have a channel on TeamSpeak3 and use the Multiplayer server at DigitalThemePark.com; if I can connect with someone there, I'll ask them if they know anything about this interesting possible release, and will post back here. :cool:

FSX68
June 17th, 2013, 13:24
Hello:

Thanks for the heads up on this (pending ?) release... that's an outstanding sound set ! :icon_eek:

Google turned up this web page on what appears to be the FASA website which has a (new ?) Forum system as of 2013:

http://www.fsxairsports.com/projects/002/

The folks from FASA apparently have a channel on TeamSpeak3 and use the Multiplayer server at DigitalThemePark.com; if I can connect with someone there, I'll ask them if they know anything about this interesting possible release, and will post back here. :cool:

Thanks, appreciate it

BTW there is a SOH member that may know something about all this as I think he may be the developer of it
He goes by: fsxar177 here at SOH.

Would be nice to get those sounds for the Wozza AT-6!!!!

fsxar177
June 17th, 2013, 17:45
Good-day,
Yes, these sounds will be made available shortly. When my father was diagnosed with cancer last May, and then passed away this past March, it has put a pretty serious crimp on the upgrades.

However; the good news is:

The soundest in question has been revised, even since the sample audio in clip #2. The interior/exterior sounds are completely new from the ground up, and captured from actual T-6 recordings, up-close and personal with the R-1340.

The FDE has also been well - polished, after referencing several PIREPS, articles, and interviewing current T-6 pilots in the real world. They have been revised with the purpose of simulation Reno-style pylon racing. Actual performance characteristics and specifications have been diligently compared and adapted to the profile. I have used valuable information from race pilots, to configure the aircraft as best as possible.

The 'real-engine' module has been customized, with permission and help from the developer 'teson1', and will provide a realistic approach to engine damage. Watch those MP's at low altitude, and watch the prop RPM! Race settings will put you in the red pretty quick. Also be careful not to run too rich, or too lean!

A series of historic and current air racing liveries will also be included.

The entire package will be posted complete, as a one-time download. Thanks to Mr. Carter for his generous permission to do so.

Stay tuned fellas! Another teaser soon!

- Joseph

Ian Warren
June 17th, 2013, 19:04
Listening to the sound i believe may have nailed it, the old Alphasim had the best sound set, well until the release of this we won't be able to tell, I grew up with the Harvard's right up to its replacement in 1977 and your ears tuned so well to the sound .. at school as they past in overhead a simple and mild hum, I finally got a flight in one in 2006 was one of the the last flights out off ex-RNZAF Wigram, i was told it was loud but frankly found it soothing, just a medium rumble and the typical clack of the radial .
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

stansdds
June 18th, 2013, 01:52
:applause::applause:

GaryGB
June 18th, 2013, 09:18
Many thanks for the updated status on the aircraft of interest in this thread ! :salute:

Where shall we look for the download URL of this aircraft and sound set upon release ? :ques:

GaryGB

FSX68
June 18th, 2013, 11:03
Many thanks for the updated status on the aircraft of interest in this thread ! :salute:

Where shall we look for the download URL of this aircraft and sound set upon release ? :ques:

GaryGB

From PM I got from fsxar177:

"It will be made available very soon, and a public notice and link will be posted. It will also include new liveries, a re-visited FDE for the purpose of racing, and the integration of the real engine module."

Due to recent loss of his Dad, project has set him back but is resuming completion of this project.

I am assuming it will be posted here on SOH when ready.