PDA

View Full Version : Here's a poser

dhazelgrove
June 17th, 2013, 00:03
I've just done a clean install of FS9 on some new hardware. Standard install, followed by the update to FS9.1 - all successful and without issue - until I started up FS9.

The aircraft preview pane is completely black. Everything is fine, once I'm in-game. It's just that I can't see a preview of my selected aircraft before flight.

Any clues?

Dave

Motormouse
June 17th, 2013, 01:02
I've just done a clean install of FS9 on some new hardware. Standard install, followed by the update to FS9.1 - all successful and without issue - until I started up FS9.

The aircraft preview pane is completely black. Everything is fine, once I'm in-game. It's just that I can't see a preview of my selected aircraft before flight.

Any clues?

Dave

Its' in the tweeks and tips section, you have the AA set too high on your graphics card for FS9

ttfn

Pete

lemonadedrinker
June 17th, 2013, 03:11
Hi,

This computer is Windows 8; the one with the childish squares on it. FS9 has the same black preview window until running it in windowed mode, when it becomes normal!

Andy.

dhazelgrove
June 17th, 2013, 04:29
Its' in the tweeks and tips section, you have the AA set too high on your graphics card for FS9

ttfn

Pete

I can't find anything in there that's related. Can you be a bit more specific?

Thanks

Dave

Motormouse
June 17th, 2013, 05:00
I can't find anything in there that's related. Can you be a bit more specific?

Thanks

Dave

---> https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/362240/preview-screen-blank-flight-sim-2004-problem/

read right to bottom,

ttfn

Pete

dhazelgrove
June 17th, 2013, 08:29
Thanks for that. I don't have anti-aliasing on at all - or the box is unchecked, at least.
Something to play with, anyway.

Thanks,
Dave

Tom Clayton
June 17th, 2013, 11:04
There may not be a way to control that part of the graphics - possibly because of the need for MS to keep the start screen smooth. If that's the case, just hit Alt+Enter to exit full-screen mode, set up your flight, then go back to full-screen after you hit Fly Now.

Motormouse
June 19th, 2013, 01:12
Thanks for that. I don't have anti-aliasing on at all - or the box is unchecked, at least.
Something to play with, anyway.

Thanks,
Dave

It's the graphics card AA setting, Set usually via driver interface such as nvidia inspector; not the one in fs9 settings menu.

Ttfn

Pete

dhazelgrove
June 19th, 2013, 08:03
It's the graphics card AA setting, Set usually via driver interface such as nvidia inspector; not the one in fs9 settings menu.

Ttfn

Pete

Aha!

I have a GT630 with 4GB of on-board RAM. The Windows driver doesn't seem to offer any options in the way of aliasing.
I don't have Inspector.

Dave