PDA

View Full Version : AT-6/Harvard/SNJ Flight Dynamics

TARPSBird
June 15th, 2013, 01:11
I was wondering if anybody with far more flight dynamics skills than I has ever put together a good set of aircraft.cfg specs that works equally well (or almost equally well) with the various AT-6/Harvard/SNJ offerings available in FSX. One example in particular, I've been flying the SkyUnlimited SNJ-4C model on and off their USS Monterey (CVL-26) and the aircraft seems underpowered. Deck-launch with the aircraft spotted clear back at the ramp and I hit the water when I go off the bow. Reducing fuel load doesn't seem to help much and payload is just the pilot. When I'm on the ship and change planes to the Wozza or AlphaSim/Virtavia T-6 they deck-launch just fine. I may do some cut-and-paste with the SkyUnlimited SNJ's cfg file but if somebody has done something that feels right for them I'd like to try it.

Dimus
June 15th, 2013, 01:54
Why don't you give John's latest FDE for the Wozza bird a try? It's here in the library:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=16596&catid=4

ThinkingManNeil
June 15th, 2013, 04:20
I think John noted in his thread about his updating the Wozza AT-6 FDE that he, too, had found both the Sky Unlimited and Alphasim/Virtavia Sixes a trifle underpowered, hence his modifications. I find the updated Wozza Texan to now be one of my "go to" aircraft in my hangar, and with the increasing number of great looking skins for her, well...

N.

Bomber_12th
June 15th, 2013, 04:33
Did you see this thread that I posted a few weeks ago? It provides updated flight dynamics for the SkyUnlimited and Wozza 'Texans/Harvards/SNJs' (all volumes).

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?78620-Alternative-AT-6-Flight-Dynamics

The main intent with these files was to cure the aircraft of being under-powered. I'm a really big fan of the SkyUnlimited T-6's as well, especially with all of the detail packed into them and the different variants provided, each one individually unique to authentically match the real variant/type - still working on the textures I'll be releasing for those sets.

T6flyer
June 15th, 2013, 05:50
Its been some time before I was last in a T-6 (cant afford the fuel these days!), but like what John has done with the FDEs and feel quite at home in them now. Brings back a lot of good (and expensive) memories!!!

Martin

TARPSBird
June 15th, 2013, 13:02
Thank you for the replies. :salute: I no sooner started reading when I got that deja vu feeling and it occurred to me that I had indeed read the earlier thread about Bomber_12th's updated flight dynamics for the Wozza and SkyUnlimited T-6's. So... I'll go back and re-read and d/l what I need. Having turned 65 this past April 29th I will chalk it up to a "senior moment" :redf: which I think we're all allowed occasionally - even those of us who haven't hit 65 yet!