Pranged me kite!

PeteHam
June 14th, 2013, 22:51
Bugga.

Oh well any landing you can walk away from is a good one :icon_lol:

Pete.

AussieMan
June 15th, 2013, 01:43
Some fire there Will so we can class this one as a Panther.

stansdds
June 15th, 2013, 04:46
A number of personnel will not be happy with you as they will now have to replace all the damaged wood on the deck.

Matt Wynn
June 15th, 2013, 06:04
"When a prang seems inevitable, endeavour to strike the softest, cheapest object in the vicinity as slowly and gently as possible."
(Advice given to RAF pilots during W.W.II)

:icon_lol::icon_lol:

ViperPilot2
June 15th, 2013, 07:12
Oooh... cut pass and foul deck.

Blackbird686
June 15th, 2013, 07:38
At least you didn't go over the opposite end, Willy... Chalk one up for "controlled crashes".

BB686:USA-flag:

Matt Wynn
June 15th, 2013, 08:28
but yeah... i'd give that landing a 9.....

...on the Richter scale... :icon_lol:

how did you manage it? forget to lower your gear? gear hit the stern or just too hard on contact?

Volker Böhme
June 15th, 2013, 10:25
Hi Willy,

don't worry, they have been expecting this already. Did you see the warning painted on the bridge regarding your propeller bits flying aroud?

Best regards,
Volker

nigel richards
June 15th, 2013, 12:08
Willy, I reckon you need a Sea Fury while the Seafire gets patched up. :kilroy:

Willy
June 15th, 2013, 13:47
how did you manage it? forget to lower your gear? gear hit the stern or just too hard on contact?

I'm not sure, from the VC on short final it was looking like the approach angle was a little low, but should touchdown about the rear deck elevator. The landing wasn't looking perfect, but good enough that I didn't "take the wave off" & go around. Hit the deck and pieces started flying. It dropped down on the belly and slid up to where it's at in the pic (the bow was starting to look awful close as I was sliding towards it).

I've been having issues with the Seafire and the MAAM CVL anyway. Touch down between the rear elevator and the stern and it automatically crashes. So, I've been landing a little long onto the second group of wires forward of the elevator. But I took off from there this morning and flew on to Hong Kong where I landed on the USS Lexington in the harbor with no problems.