PDA

View Full Version : FSX/FS9 Default Weather

uniform7
June 11th, 2013, 18:41
It appears the FSX/FS9 default weather is down again. I have other weather engines but prefer the default. I know Microsoft no longer supports their product but someone must still control the weather, It has been working though it went out awhile back. I don't know a lot about programing however, it would seem to me that the weather program just got hung up like a switch box needs to be checked or unchecked and nobody is there to monitor or check or just isn't aware of the situation. A simple fix I'm sure, we address issues with FSX here daily helping each other fix problems. Is there anyone we could contact to look into what I believe to probably be a simple fix? Someone must have stumbled upon it a couple of months ago because the problem was corrected. I have been looking ,myself but have reached nobody probably because I just don't know where to look. I have the time if someone would direct me to research the issue.

FSX68
June 12th, 2013, 07:45
I had same issue a year or so ago. I installed the freeware FSrealWX lite and when I installed and launched, my real weather in FSX started working again. Darndest thing.

http://www.hanse-coders.net/index.php?page=self&id=1

robert41
June 12th, 2013, 15:09
Microsoft does not control the weather, never did. Jeppesen does. Every now and then it does go down.

ViperPilot2
June 12th, 2013, 16:01
When this happened in March, on a whim I contacted Jeppesen... the person I talked to was unaware that MS and Jeppesen offered the service at all!

Honestly, I think it's a rogue faction of MS that operates the Wx Server, unbeknownst to the higher ups in Redmond... :p

Definitely try FSrealWX lite... you'll like it a lot!

seawing
June 12th, 2013, 22:36
Definitely try FSrealWX lite... you'll like it a lot!

Well, I just tried it out and I must say it's a very nice little program, doing exactly what it is supposed to - getting METAR/TAF information and importing it to FSX. Nicely done and well performing! Great!

Seawing

ThinkingManNeil
June 13th, 2013, 02:32
Microsoft does not control the weather, never did. Jeppesen does. Every now and then it does go down.

You sure about that? I always thought it was John and Martha King...

N.