PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with Winzip

AussieMan
June 8th, 2013, 01:31
I am in the process of finishing up a couple more FSAddon Hudson repaints. I wish to pack both repaints in the one .zip file but I have forgotten how to create a path that contains the texture folders eg. texture.vh-***.

I might also add that I am a registered user and am using WinZip v16

Any assistance to get this old fart's brain working again will be much appreciated.

Cirrus N210MS
June 8th, 2013, 05:58
winrar works better :salute:

http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

WarHorse47
June 8th, 2013, 06:06
I've got the latest 64-bit WinZip (whatever number that is), and under Create, Options is a selection to include the path of the folder that needs to be checked.

Typically I right click the folder to create the new winzip file.

huub vink
June 8th, 2013, 06:24
Warhorse was faster.......

But start with creating a folder with the name you want to give to you file. Create the texture folders as subfolder. Put the files as red me, screenshots etc. Into the original folder you made. Than select allfiles in this folder an right-click and choose the winzip options.

I hope this makes some sense,

Cheers,
Huub

Paul Domingue
June 8th, 2013, 11:01
I'm a 7z user and find it most intuitive.

napamule
June 8th, 2013, 14:49
You make a folder under 'My Documents'. Then you put the texture folders under that 'main folder'. I made a sample pic. Then you fire up WinZip and 'Create a New Zip File' (or simular) and then pick 'Add Folder'. The folders under that 'main folder' will be added automatically.
Chuck B
Napamule
When the user 'EXTRACT' the folders (to a 'Temp' location) they will simply copy the texture FOLDER to their existing Hudson 'Main' folder. Then they will add the (flight.x) sections (that you included in a 'ReadMe.txt' file that you place in the 'Docs & Pics' folder) to their Hudson's aircraft.cfg and then they just do a 'SAVE'.

AussieMan
June 8th, 2013, 15:07
Thanks for your help fellas.

arrowmaker
June 9th, 2013, 08:46
I'm a 7z user and find it most intuitive.

Same here. I've tried WinZip, WinRAR and a few others. 7-Zip, I find compresses to much smaller files sizes and it's completely free.

Paul Domingue
June 9th, 2013, 09:43
Same here. I've tried WinZip, WinRAR and a few others. 7-Zip, I find compresses to much smaller files sizes and it's completely free.

7z is (in my opinion) by far the best compression software out there and the fact that it is free, let me repeat that, free puts the icing on the cake. It also installs into the [Right Click] context menu of Windows and has the most extreme compression available. It will even compress JPEGs which are already compressed image files. It will open any other compression format including FS CAB files. Except for one obscure compression format I ran across a while back and I can't recall what it was nor have I seen it again.

AussieMan, download it and give it a try and I do believe you will stick with it.

You'd think I was a salesman for 7z, no just very happy with the product.

arrowmaker, I love your avatar! its got to be the best one I've seen so far.

huub vink
June 9th, 2013, 12:15
I agree with both previous posters. I use 7-zip at home and WinZip at work as it is part from my companies software package. I would install 7-zip at work as well when the let me. I think WinZip can perhaps do more, but most people don't use these things and they are just confusing.

Cheers,
Huub

arrowmaker
June 9th, 2013, 20:37
arrowmaker, I love your avatar! its got to be the best one I've seen so far.

Thanks. I also use this image as my desktop wallpaper. Just do a image search for spitfire girl.