PDA

View Full Version : Help

hurricane3
June 6th, 2013, 20:53
I just finised about two months work on CFS2 when I tried to put a file that had European airfield in.Bear with me because this has to do with FS9.
I should have known that putting scenery in CFS2 by just putting it in SceneDB but that was what the readme said to do.I should have known it was a was a mistake because then I couldn't remove it.
So I put it in and all my planes lost there ordanance.I couldn't uninstall the scenery there was too many things in the texture part of scene DB.
So after two hours of trying to uninstall ,I finally got it uninstalled and working.
Of course I lost 400 some planes and scenery.I don't know if I'll rebuild or not.
Now comes the part with FS9. For some reason now when I start a plane it disappears.I am pretty sure it's a smoke file but don't know which one.
I really hate to uninstall FS9 because it has about 500 planes not to mention scenery.
Does anyone know what file would cause the planes to vanish on startup
Please can some one help me?
Also now when I start FS9 it says some planes are incompatable with the sound DLL and would I like to disable it or not?This comes up every time no matter if I click yes or no.
How CFS2 screwed up FS9 is beyond me.

hurricane3
June 6th, 2013, 23:00
It's 3AM and I've been working on this since 6PM . I finally got rid of the planes disappearing on startup because I kept and extra effects file outside of FS9.I used that to over write the file that was already there and the planes stopped dissipearing on startup. So now other than my third rebuild of CFS2 ,I still have the box that comes up when FS9 starts that says there is and incompatable plane and would I like to disable the sound DLL?
I haven't put a plane or anything in FS9 for months, so why am I getting this now after the trouble I had with CFS2?

kikas
June 7th, 2013, 01:46
Could you post what exactly error message says?
I have little suspicion, but im not sure. Is there such line at your fs9.cfg "FSsound.dll=1"?

hurricane3
June 7th, 2013, 06:02
This is what the error message says"Flight Simulator has detected potentially incompatable aircraft or software,
File FSS Sound.dll
Do you want to load this software?Click no to disable this software.
Yes no"
This is exactly what it says every time on the opening splash screen,doesn't matter if I click yes or no.
I also checked the FS9 cfg. twice and there is nothing about any sound DLL

Ferry_vO
June 7th, 2013, 06:13
Add this to your Fs9.cfg:

[OldModules]
FSSound.dll=1

And you'll get no more warnings.

:)

hurricane3
June 7th, 2013, 08:45
I put what you said in the FS9 cfg file and it doesn't work.For some reason even though I saved it ,it won't save. I go back and look after I get the error message and it's gone.

hurricane3
June 7th, 2013, 09:09
OK ,I found two sound.DLL 's in my modules folder,I deleted both and the error message went away.Will it hurt anything if I leave them out.Are they part of FUSPIC?

kikas
June 7th, 2013, 09:16
I put what you said in the FS9 cfg file and it doesn't work.For some reason even though I saved it ,it won't save. I go back and look after I get the error message and it's gone.
Check if fs9.cfg is not put on read only, also error message should offer you choices yes, or no so push yes and fly, but message will appear every time you start fs. If you do backup of yours fs9.cfg you can try mine, just remember do backup of yours first!
Oh, i was to slow to post, fssound.dll is needed by some planes and it should be in modules folder

aeromed202
June 7th, 2013, 11:42
I know this might be ham-fisted but consider System Restore. Two days ago I was tinkering with a better dirt texture and must have erred where I put the file because the game wouldn't get past 4 seconds of the splash screen. After failing to identify what all I did wrong I used Restore to put things back a few hours which got me back to before my mucking things up. Before you us it though, take a few moments to think if there is anything you don't want reverted and put it on a flash drive or something, or if you have more than one hard drive you can isolate drives from the restore process, then pick a restore point far enough back before your troubles started. I'd especially put aside a copy of the fs9.cfg just in case.

hurricane3
June 7th, 2013, 13:49
First I'am not blameing anyone ,but all was fine after I deleted both FSS.Sound DLL's .I still had one left but it wasn't in the modules folder so I put in in the modules .BIG mistake .now no matter what I do or where I put the DLL it says it's corrupted and FS9 won't start.
My cfg file is NOT read only but it still won't save.I can't use yours cause after I highlight it and hit copy it won,t paste to my FS9 file.
I tried doing a system restore but same error message comes up but now since it says it's corrupted FS won't run.
I have several FSSsound DLL's that I kept and none work.If I don't get this fixed ,I've had it with flight sims.I can't take the stress.

hurricane3
June 7th, 2013, 15:34
I reinstalled FS9 ,loseing around 400 planes and around 200 different scenerys not to mention effects.I am very ,very upset and don't no if I'll spend the rest of what little life I have left rebuilding.it's gotton so I hate airplanes which used to be my main interest in life.

hurricane3
June 7th, 2013, 18:11
I am deeply sorry if I came across as rude,I didn't mean too.
Thankyou you all who tried to help,but I don't think there was any choice but to bite the big one and do a reinstall.
I'am not using this as an excuse but many of you know I suffer from deep depression and extreme anixity and I was very upset to see at least 3 months work go down the drain.
And to have two sims go bad at the same time,well ,I hope you can understand,and FS9 was finished and but for putting one more scenery in, I was also done with CFS2.
So please understand I wasn't upset with anyone but the sims,and I'am truly sorry if it sounded like I was.
Thankyou so much for your help.
I'am now rebuilding CFS2 which should take about a month ,then start on FS9 which took at least three months last time ,so I will need all you guys help,your my support group.

aeromed202
June 7th, 2013, 20:02
Support group standing by, we've all been there and will take our turns again I'm sure. :wavey:

hurricane3
June 9th, 2013, 08:28
Kikas, I feel I owe you a special ,apology ,I wasn't aiming at you cause you told me to put the DLL file in modules.You only did what was right,it's not your fault that it messed up my install.
I reinstalled FS9 and although it will take months to get it back to what it was ,it's now better than before because now I have the learning center ,aircraft discriptions,lessons with Rod(whats his name) and everything I should have that was missing before.
So thank you and Aeromed for having my six, I'am gonna need all the help I can get to get it rebuilt,after I rebuild CFS2.
Once again I'am sorry if I was rude I did not mean to be, it's rough working at this when your depressed and anxious all the time,the meds only take the edge off they do cure me.

kikas
June 9th, 2013, 08:56
Kikas, I feel I owe you a special ,apology ,I wasn't aiming at you cause you told me to put the DLL file in modules.You only did what was right,it's not your fault that it messed up my install.
I reinstalled FS9 and although it will take months to get it back to what it was ,it's now better than before because now I have the learning center ,aircraft discriptions,lessons with Rod(whats his name) and everything I should have that was missing before.
So thank you and Aeromed for having my six, I'am gonna need all the help I can get to get it rebuilt,after I rebuild CFS2.
Once again I'am sorry if I was rude I did not mean to be, it's rough working at this when your depressed and anxious all the time,the meds only take the edge off they do cure me.
Dont worry, take it easy its just silly computer program :icon_lol:, if module does not work you simply delete, or place it outside your sim and remember golden rule - always backup if you can, unless you have virus, this dll could not do any harm because many simmers are using it for years. I know that feeling when after getting to much excited you start deleting stuff and act weird, if you do thing you do not fully understand what you are doing, first backup and then write plan of actions on paper and only then start doing it. If you wish i can send you my copy of "FSSound.dll", its just file required by some planes,if you dont have it your sim will not work with them, but planes that do not require it will work fine without it.

hurricane3
June 9th, 2013, 10:17
Thankyou for understanding and good advice which I never thought of.
I have at least four FSS.sound DLL's ,none seem to work.I will probley just wait till I download a plane that requires the DLL then put it in the root folder like the readme always said to do.
For years I never had a problem doing it this way so I'll problebly continue.
Thankyou again ,I'am sure I'll need all you guys watching my six in the future.