PDA

View Full Version : Sim Connect

Daveroo
May 28th, 2013, 09:10
i was given the program FSX Visulator Map as an early bday gift from my dad,its supposed to use simconnect to link from my main desktop computer with FSX ,to my laptop which does not have FSX on it,i installed a copy of the FSX Visulator map program on to my laptop,and mark from PC Aviator told me i needed to install "simconnect" if i didnt have it....i do have it on my FSX machine..but not on the laptop...

my question is...will visulator map connect to my laptop with simconnect just on the desktop alone?....or does simconnect need to be on both "machines"? and if so...how the heck do i put "simconnect" on the laptop?...ive been all over the internet and i cant find just a simconnect exe or .dll or whatever..everything i can find are programs to manipulate simconnect.

can i use my install disc to "grab it" and install it? without having to install all of FSX on to the laptop?...ive sent emails to the makers of fsx visulator map with no reply as yet.

TARPSBird
May 28th, 2013, 12:41
Daveroo,
No need to copy from the FSX disk, the SimConnect installer is in the FSX SDK folder. Here is the path to it on my computer:

Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-RTM\SimConnect.msi

I have no expertise with SimConnect other than knowing where the installer is from when I was trying to get Lamont Clark's Show Markers utility to work with my FSX (never succeeded). If you were told to install SimConnect on your laptop, I would just say just copy that installer file over to your laptop and run it.

Daveroo
May 28th, 2013, 14:36
ok thanks much Dave

Paul Domingue
May 28th, 2013, 18:54
It might be prudent to install the entire SDK on the laptop.