PDA

View Full Version : Looking for P-61 Blackwidow

djwarlock82
May 27th, 2013, 04:37
anyone know where i can download a standalone p-61 blackwidow for cfs3? had one for cfs 1 & 2 yet to find one for cfs3, also anyone know where i can download all of the fdg aircraft? you can hit me up on here or email me at defcon4_1982@yahoo.com. thnx

lewis11777
May 27th, 2013, 08:24
There was some mention of doing one for CFS3 in the past but currently there isn't one. I don't think anyone ever started one but if so they never finished it.

MajorMagee
May 27th, 2013, 09:13
I did the radar for a Black Widow project that someone mentioned they were working on, but it never was published that I know of.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=15462&catid=13

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?14243-PTO-Night-Fighters&highlight=radar

pete1
May 27th, 2013, 09:39
I think Nachtpiloten showed screenies of a started P-61 project with a poll as to whether people would support it as a payware project and also I think Dave Boynton started one.

NachtPiloten
May 27th, 2013, 10:05
I have one that needs the interior done. Just never had the motivation to finish it, like so many others..... sad really. I looked the other day and I have a Gekko. Dianna, H6K5, 152H, me410, p-47N, FW200, all just in various states of finish..... Oh b17 too.

Led Zeppelin
May 27th, 2013, 11:58
wow! :icon_lol:

Frosty
May 27th, 2013, 12:25
...Just never had the motivation to finish it, like so many others..... sad really....

Impressive list of interesting aircraft!! :salute:
BTW No, not that sad - I think most of us have a large number of half-finished projects on our HDs. There's so much to do and sometimes it's just more fun to start something else/new... It takes discipline to finish a project or to get through the difficult/boring bits. And it's still just a hobby for most, you know! ;)

djwarlock82
May 27th, 2013, 15:13
hey dude send me the unfinished one lol i will find a cockpit that works for it lol

I have one that needs the interior done. Just never had the motivation to finish it, like so many others..... sad really. I looked the other day and I have a Gekko. Dianna, H6K5, 152H, me410, p-47N, FW200, all just in various states of finish..... Oh b17 too.

pete1
May 27th, 2013, 23:32
Not wishing to volunteer anyone for anything but would Steve Seybolt be interested in finishing stuff up especially the Japanese stuff,it would be cool for Rising Sun?.

Pat Pattle
May 28th, 2013, 03:24
BTW No, not that sad - I think most of us have a large number of half-finished projects on our HDs. There's so much to do and sometimes it's just more fun to start something else/new... It takes discipline to finish a project or to get through the difficult/boring bits. And it's still just a hobby for most, you know

I'd agree with that Joost, the initial enthusiasm of starting a new model pretty quickly wanes with the realisation of just how bl**dy long its going to take! :icon_lol:

Would be nice to see the P61 finished though it's been on the wanted list of a lot of cfs3'ers for a long time.

Old Tiger
May 28th, 2013, 04:31
BTW No, not that sad - I think most of us have a large number of half-finished projects on our HDs. There's so much to do and sometimes it's just more fun to start something else/new... It takes discipline to finish a project or to get through the difficult/boring bits. And it's still just a hobby for most, you know! ;)

:cool:Wow a Black Widow, it would be great especially in RS. :icon_eek: I only wish I had half the talent you guys have :salute::icon29:

Pat Pattle
May 28th, 2013, 11:47
Ted - I won't spend anymore time on this if you intend finishing your model anytime soon, but the Fightertown Design CFS2 model will import into cfs3 and has a very relaxed copyright.

So as a stop-gap and if there's enough interest I'd get this sorted. I'd need help from all you chaps with the air/xdp/cfg/mos files etc.

Perhaps a few of us could get this into the air as a team effort? (It would only be the basic model!)

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/7206/fdgp61cfs3.jpg

rocketred
May 28th, 2013, 13:02
donation ware -----yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

cant wait

HouseHobbit
May 28th, 2013, 18:04
YES!!! Finally!! been wanting one for years!!
*****PLEASE!! send me what you have.
I am on the road in the Eastern frontier, Will return to the Shire in a few days..
Thanks..

NachtPiloten
May 29th, 2013, 04:00
The model I have will not be done anytime soon. We should team up on yours. One thing i did notice is that yours seems to have normal ailerons, as the actual had these cool airbrake/deflector things. What is holding me back is the interior, this always takes 3x the amount of effort and time as the exterior. I have a bunch of 3d American gauges as does Steve. Mine has a xdp and damage profiles.

Let me know.

hairyspin
May 29th, 2013, 04:30
What is holding me back is the interior, this always takes 3x the amount of effort and time as the exterior.You're not kidding.

Bravo/4
May 29th, 2013, 09:53
Interiors!:isadizzy::icon_lol:

Pat Pattle
May 29th, 2013, 22:54
The model I have will not be done anytime soon. We should team up on yours. One thing i did notice is that yours seems to have normal ailerons, as the actual had these cool airbrake/deflector things. What is holding me back is the interior, this always takes 3x the amount of effort and time as the exterior. I have a bunch of 3d American gauges as does Steve. Mine has a xdp and damage profiles.

Let me know

Roger that Ted, I'll drop you an email later.

I see what you mean about the control surfaces, the ailerons are also the flaps and when used in that mode there's some small outboard ailerons that take over that function. Plus with all the other flaps and spoilers on it, it does look a bit funky! There's a very nice fs9 model in which all this works, I don't think we have the range of animations open to us though :(

HouseHobbit
May 31st, 2013, 05:01
Hello!! Would someone send me this PLEASE..
Thanks..

Pat Pattle
June 1st, 2013, 00:11
Be patient furry one.....:)

HouseHobbit
June 1st, 2013, 05:20
Be patient furry one.....:)
:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:
:applause: :applause: :applause:

NachtPiloten
June 1st, 2013, 05:48
Roger that Ted, I'll drop you an email later.

I see what you mean about the control surfaces, the ailerons are also the flaps and when used in that mode there's some small outboard ailerons that take over that function. Plus with all the other flaps and spoilers on it, it does look a bit funky! There's a very nice fs9 model in which all this works, I don't think we have the range of animations open to us though :(

I have animated the one I have fairly close to the actual plane. Just need to use key frame options. Since you can have the built in animations for flaps, ailerons etc but you can also have additional ones key framed. Now there are some limitations mind you but for instance with the dorniers and heinkel the ailerons also drooped when the flaps were activated. I just used key frames to make that happend (Oh, in the 217s the horizontals also drooped and I modeled that).

Ted

gecko
June 1st, 2013, 09:50
Not claiming to know much of what you are talking about, but I know the Groundcrew Bf 110G had drooping ailerons when the flaps were lowered and they did it only using the flap and aileron animations (you don't have to press any other buttons at least). Maybe a similar arrangement will work on the P-61?

NachtPiloten
June 1st, 2013, 11:06
First make a dummy and name it l_flap_key, (or what ever you are working on), move it to the position you want it to be say right in the middle of the span of the l_aileron, then attach it to the left wing. Next orient the dummy to align with wind dihedral and other surface areas (taper etc). Be sure that the pivot for the dummy is aligned to world and centered to object before you start! Then animate the dummy, say you think that the aileron will deflect 15 degrees so set the first animation key at zero and move the key frame slider to 15. Using your rotate gizmo, move the dummy just the way you want it. Return to zero key frame and attach your aileron to it. Then move the animation key frame and wonderful, the aileron will deflect 15 degrees when the flaps are lowered. The aileron will also continue to pivot to act like the control surface it needs to be even if the flaps are lowered. You can do this with flaps,ailerons, and ..... need to look in the cfsexport dle file in the gamx plugin folder to see what other key frames are supposed to be there. You can also look in the SDK, but be aware some of the key frames were never activated in the sim.

Nice and easy. You can be very creative to get the plane to do things you want it to.... well mostly, on a good day, once in a while, ok sometimes....:wavey:

Tally Ho!

Who luvs ya baby - Ok what TV show's main character said this? Man I'm bored today.....

jaycee
June 1st, 2013, 13:12
Nice and easy. You can be very creative to get the plane to do things you want it to.... well mostly, on a good day, once in a while, ok sometimes....:wavey:

NachtPiloten, If you add a g-max passenger/co-pilot to a aircraft would it be possible to make him look left and right do you think. considering that said guy would be in the VC, hierarchy, And would need a keyboard command as well.

hairyspin
June 1st, 2013, 13:17
...Who luvs ya baby - Ok what TV show's main character said this? Man I'm bored today.....

That would be Kojak. And the flap/aileron combo are called flaperons iirc, just as the aileron/spoiler combo on other aircraft are spoilerons... a mine of useless information, that's me. :isadizzy:

NachtPiloten
June 1st, 2013, 16:05
Ok - what candy did he always eat?:applause:

The head turn. If you want to see it in the pit you could name a figure's head say stick_l_r, and then animate it. The head would pivot as the stick is moved to the left and right. Now if you wanted your eyepoint to rotate as the plane banked ..... hmm never thought of that but maybe you could create a dummy node, call it stick_l_r and then child the eyepoint to it and so as you banked the plane left or right the eyepoint would do that as well. Oh the possibilities....:mix-smi:

SixGhost
June 1st, 2013, 18:46
Ok - what candy did he always eat?:applause:

The head turn. If you want to see it in the pit you could name a figure's head say stick_l_r, and then animate it. The head would pivot as the stick is moved to the left and right. Now if you wanted your eyepoint to rotate as the plane banked ..... hmm never thought of that but maybe you could create a dummy node, call it stick_l_r and then child the eyepoint to it and so as you banked the plane left or right the eyepoint would do that as well. Oh the possibilities....:mix-smi:

Yup Ted, that's what we came up with, together with Nanni, when we developed head shaking effects within CFS3. But there's an underlying problem, it's input generated. So your head does indeed turn, but can't be "smoothed out" to follow your flight path because it's correlated to stick movements and that does limit your options. Stick left and you look left, and that's ok. But when you do a left hand tonneau, do you constantly look at your left? No. That's the problem. You're limited to very subtle animations if you want to make it look right, unfortunately.

jaycee
June 1st, 2013, 23:15
Thanks Guys, I was thinking more of level flight, an observation plane, where the observer in the back looks left an right, maybe using the tailhook or dive brake or cowling commands,

hairyspin
June 1st, 2013, 23:16
Ok - what candy did he always eat?

'Morning all! I don't know any trade name, we just called them lollipops. The head animation in other FS versions is done with a tick18 animation and can be hundreds of frames long, but the figure would always be going through the same movement routine. That isn't so handy either.

jaycee
June 2nd, 2013, 03:15
'Morning all! I don't know any trade name, we just called them lollipops. The head animation in other FS versions is done with a tick18 animation and can be hundreds of frames long, but the figure would always be going through the same movement routine. That isn't so handy either.
Thanks H. I think ill give it a miss then,

TDS-TAZ
June 21st, 2013, 11:10
anyone know where i can download a standalone p-61 blackwidow for cfs3? had one for cfs 1 & 2 yet to find one for cfs3, also anyone know where i can download all of the fdg aircraft? you can hit me up on here or email me at defcon4_1982@yahoo.com. thnx

If anyone has not started this plane let me know I will start it after i finish my Texan let know cause i have the blue prints for it already

Taz

tenspeed
June 21st, 2013, 15:18
I'd be interested in the FDG import or a new P-61.

Daiwilletti
June 21st, 2013, 15:38
If anyone has not started this plane let me know I will start it after i finish my Texan let know cause i have the blue prints for it already

Taz

:icon29: that sounds like a very tantalising offer :medals:

HouseHobbit
June 21st, 2013, 15:39
Oh yea!
Do it TAZ!!
And there is Much rejoicing! :applause: :applause: :applause:

NachtPiloten
June 21st, 2013, 15:57
If you want it say please ..... Hey I'll work with folks to finish this

Bravo/4
June 21st, 2013, 17:46
If you want it say please ..... Hey I'll work with folks to finish this

I'd like to see this one finished, it's a very nicely done model, just needs an interior!

NachtPiloten
June 21st, 2013, 18:01
John - It is a VERY nice model. Bit heavy on the polys that I have tried to whittle down but overall real sweet. Did you know that most the p61s did not fly with the upper gun set. The 4 2cm were enough and it had better aerodynamics without it, plus it was faster, well not much but a little. Did you ever see the one in Udvar Hazy? Damn thing is huge, no wonder the Brits kept the mossie and let Americans keep this stone....

Oh, back to flanders fields have most of the new damage model done for the sswiii, and the changes to the pit will send this weekend along with the IV.

HouseHobbit
June 21st, 2013, 18:39
YES!!
PLEASE!!
:salute: :salute: :salute:

Pat Pattle
June 21st, 2013, 21:50
Cool Ted! I can bin the thing that I've been working on. :)

Led Zeppelin
June 22nd, 2013, 00:04
it must be a very complicated one to make.

Steven190
June 22nd, 2013, 04:19
I'll put my two cents in too, we really need this. It was a plane that was used in both theaters.

If I could help, I will volunteer, The only thing I really know is skinning.

NachtPiloten
June 22nd, 2013, 06:14
Ladies and Gentlemen,

This plane has what 3 cockpits - pilot, gunner, and radio/radar. That is why I never did more than get the exterior cleaned up. Given the time I have it would take about a year to finish.

What you could do is petition the folks over at the FSX forums to let me have their work so I can convert it to CFS3 and then we could have another donation ware plane - I tried but the author was not cooperative - not sure why. If the FSX one was made to make money for the site converting it to make more seems like sense to me. Oh well.

Ted

Steven190
June 22nd, 2013, 07:55
I do not know about the FSX one, he has not done much with it for a long time, I don't think that he is much further than this one.

My personal feeling is that it will not see daylight.

TDS-TAZ
June 22nd, 2013, 09:20
if you want me to do it cause I will be doing the E version which has no gunner station I like the way it looks

let me know

Taz

eddie
June 22nd, 2013, 09:26
I'd like to see this one finished, it's a very nicely done model, just needs an interior!

Hello John, shouldn't you be painting something!?!;)

hairyspin
June 22nd, 2013, 11:03
What you could do is petition the folks over at the FSX forums to let me have their work so I can convert it to CFS3 and then we could have another donation ware plane - I tried but the author was not cooperative - not sure why.

I do not know about the FSX one, he has not done much with it for a long time, I don't think that he is much further than this one.

My personal feeling is that it will not see daylight.

Hmmm. I spend too much time around modelling forums, so I know something about this. The external model is done, a very high quality flight model finished and the VC is part-done afaik. The problem is the VC and the limits of GMax with the FSX sdk. The VC model is, or was, approximately 500K polys and that's about where the FSX exporter runs out of memory:pop4:: the modeler has some difficult decisions to take so the model will compile and he certainly has my sympathies. Nor do I think we want a 500K poly VC in CFS3: even Luca's Bf109 VC is under 50K polys!

In the meantime he's working on other projects to avoid Widow burnout. I certainly wish him well. :salute:

Frosty
June 22nd, 2013, 12:38
Wonderful model, Ted!!

Had that one as a model kit too. I really wouldn't mind taking her up for a spin!

Bravo/4
June 22nd, 2013, 14:30
John - It is a VERY nice model. Bit heavy on the polys that I have tried to whittle down but overall real sweet. Did you know that most the p61s did not fly with the upper gun set. The 4 2cm were enough and it had better aerodynamics without it, plus it was faster, well not much but a little. Did you ever see the one in Udvar Hazy? Damn thing is huge, no wonder the Brits kept the mossie and let Americans keep this stone....

Oh, back to flanders fields have most of the new damage model done for the sswiii, and the changes to the pit will send this weekend along with the IV.

Yea I know it's poly heavy Ted, I have your whittled down version.

SSW, good!:mixedsmi:

Bravo/4
June 22nd, 2013, 14:34
Hello John, shouldn't you be painting something!?!;)

Oh I am Scott! :icon_lol:
We have some very nice "somethings" in the works.

How you doing BTW?

eddie
June 23rd, 2013, 09:12
I'm doing fine John! Just keeping an eye on the work you guys are doing! And I like to bug Mat every now and then too,lol

Bravo/4
June 23rd, 2013, 10:58
I'm doing fine John! Just keeping an eye on the work you guys are doing! And I like to bug Mat every now and then too,lol

Yea keep poking Mat with your stick, he needs it!:icon_lol:

sdsbolt
August 25th, 2013, 04:53
http://i1043.photobucket.com/albums/b431/sdsbolt/p61vc0_zps2fd921cc.jpg (http://s1043.photobucket.com/user/sdsbolt/media/p61vc0_zps2fd921cc.jpg.html)

sometimes I tool around on a project to see if it grabs my interest.

NachtPiloten
August 26th, 2013, 11:00
you make the main cockpit and the radio stations, i'll make the gunner station and the exterior....deal??????:wavey:

sdsbolt
August 26th, 2013, 18:38
you make the main cockpit and the radio stations, i'll make the gunner station and the exterior....deal?????

Sure, but in that case I may have to weasel out of the B-17 work.

take care

gecko
August 26th, 2013, 19:55
B-17?! P-61?! Both music to my ears, I'll be thrilled for either!

NachtPiloten
August 27th, 2013, 11:41
Sure, but in that case I may have to weasel out of the B-17 work.

take care

.... you the exterior later this week.

sdsbolt
August 29th, 2013, 03:31
I'll send........ you the exterior later this week.

sounds good. send the game model too if possible .

hairyspin
September 6th, 2013, 07:43
You have email, Ted!

sdsbolt
December 9th, 2013, 11:01
http://i1043.photobucket.com/albums/b431/sdsbolt/Shot12-09-13-14-57-36_zpscfe1d0c6.png (http://s1043.photobucket.com/user/sdsbolt/media/Shot12-09-13-14-57-36_zpscfe1d0c6.png.html)

this thing has turned into a real chore :frown-new:

HouseHobbit
December 9th, 2013, 11:14
I am very Grateful for your efforts in this Large task.
Once your done, I and many will be rejoicing, needless to say..
Heck, have missions planned for this Beauty, once you release Her..
Thanks for this..
:ernaehrung004:

NachtPiloten
December 11th, 2013, 12:20
I will have a gift to share before 1-1-14.

gecko
December 12th, 2013, 09:56
Loving the VC shot, excited to see this one in the works!

I wonder what Ted is up to, I like surprises.

sdsbolt
December 15th, 2013, 03:43

You forgot to give a hint. Normally I like like to shake the box a little :fox:

gosd
December 15th, 2013, 05:16
Can't wait! I have been a good Simmer:bull_head:!.... no Ns.

Old Tiger
December 16th, 2013, 04:18
Loving the VC shot, excited to see this one in the works!

I wonder what Ted is up to, I like surprises.

:wink-new:I hope it will be for RS:friendly_wink:

sdsbolt
January 15th, 2014, 08:43
http://i1043.photobucket.com/albums/b431/sdsbolt/Shot01-15-14-12-30-36_zpsd581db43.png (http://s1043.photobucket.com/user/sdsbolt/media/Shot01-15-14-12-30-36_zpsd581db43.png.html)

Aaaaaahhhhhh....I can start to dream about being done :mixed-smiley-010:

HouseHobbit
January 15th, 2014, 09:00
WOW!!
Very grateful to see this bird finally getting finished.
BRAVO!!
Many Thanks to all involved..
And there is Much rejoicing!

gecko
January 15th, 2014, 09:47
And I'm starting to dream about knocking down pesky Ju 88s in the dark! BTW, if there are any lights you want working in that VC, you might want to look at this: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?84808-New-Cockpit-Lighting-Technique

This is looking like your typical work, and by typical I mean fantastic. Nice work!

hairyspin
January 15th, 2014, 10:38
Very nicely detailed, Steve! :applause: :applause: :applause:

mongoose
January 15th, 2014, 13:46

Did I miss it?

HouseHobbit
February 12th, 2014, 21:58
Hope this is still coming along, Hopeful here.:jump:

She would be nice to use in a TOW night missions set up.
Thanks to all for this..

HouseHobbit
June 28th, 2015, 08:04
Ted, if possible send me the G-max files and what you have on the P-61 Please.
Thanks,
Hobbit

sixstrings5859
June 29th, 2015, 03:22
Another great aircraft for CFS3 !!! Hope it can be finished some day....:applause:

NachtPiloten
June 29th, 2015, 05:04
The main plane files are in max. Steve made his in gmax. The max files are all complete (animation, parts named, damage boxes, weapons, etc). The airfiles are all completed too. The plane just needs to be mapped and the second/radio operators cockpits need to be completed (have started on both). If anyone wants it I'll place on the ftp, let me know.

HouseHobbit
June 29th, 2015, 06:33
The main plane files are in max. Steve made his in gmax. The max files are all complete (animation, parts named, damage boxes, weapons, etc). The airfiles are all completed too. The plane just needs to be mapped and the second/radio operators cockpits need to be completed (have started on both). If anyone wants it I'll place on the ftp, let me know.

Thanks Ted, please do place it on the FPT.
Grateful for this.

NachtPiloten
July 1st, 2015, 12:49
Hobbit -

I have decided to map the model and send it off to the paint shop. Maybe in a few weeks or early Sept we'll see something...:applause:

HouseHobbit
July 1st, 2015, 14:20
Thank You Ted very much.
Very grateful..

Led Zeppelin
July 2nd, 2015, 11:51
Thanks for the update!! :jump:

Talking about Paint Shop, if possible and if the skinner is inspired by this one, I would really appreciate it.
Unit: 422nd NFS, USAAF
Serial: 25569 (42-5569)
Crew: Lt. B. Heflin, FO W. B. Besach (RAF). Vannes, France, October 1944

I was born in Vannes and I built a mission that depicts the activity of this squadron when it was stationed there, it was released in the Atlantic Wall misson pack using a P38-M and I can rework it to use a Black Widow with a 422nd NFS skin.

http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww2/f/775/3/0

http://img.wp.scn.ru/camms/ar/775/pics/3_23.jpg

Picture of this aircraft but I'm not sure if it was taken at Vannes:

http://www.americanairmuseum.com/sites/default/files/freeman/media-396235.jpg

Bravo/4
July 2nd, 2015, 14:50
I'll make sure its included when we get round to it, Loic.

HouseHobbit
July 2nd, 2015, 18:50
They have a beautiful; one here at the US Air force museum , this has some nice cockpit views .
always been fascinated by this bird.
Before they moved all of this to it's present location (1970) , I used to my ride my bicycle 17 miles one way to see this.
Back then most of the aircraft were outside and no barriers . many times I touched and fondled the birds there during the 1960's

And got tossed out several times for climbing into the unlocked birds and playing, grateful back then it wasn't a big issue. and the guards usually just laughed and scolded me as a very young hobbit.

http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/factsheets/factsheet.asp?id=524

Pat Pattle
July 2nd, 2015, 22:54
many times I touched and fondled the birds there during the 1960's

Nice one Owen!

:applause::biggrin-new::adoration::jump:

(English humour)

HouseHobbit
July 3rd, 2015, 06:05
Pat Pattle,
there was a Air force guard there I got to know as a very Young hobbit, and several times he would look the other way, and allow me to climb into various aircraft for a time to play as long as I would not take anything or damage anything. it was a different world back then.

Been inside of the B-24 and a B-25 and several others back then.
Sure it took sometime to clean up all the Hobbit Drool from those days.

Frosty
July 3rd, 2015, 08:36
Nice one Owen!

(English humour)

I wondered this morning if someone would comment on that, lol (and I am not English :untroubled:)

hairyspin
July 3rd, 2015, 11:55
If you can visit museums at unfashionable times of the year, it's surprising what you can get a closer look at: the goons at Hendon are still looking for a wild-eyed hirsute lunatic with the audacity to poke a camera through the open window of a Messerschmitt and photograph as much as possible of the instrumentation. On the other hand, RAF Cosford holds Cockpit Days in autumn when lucky ticket holders get close up and personal with some of the most prized exhibits. Yours truly wishes he could wangle a visit on these occasions!

Steven190
July 5th, 2015, 05:10
I have been following this for awhile in hopes that the P-61 would come to CSF3

This makes me glad that it will be here soon, a great addition to our game.

Thanks for the effort to make it come true.

sixstrings5859
July 5th, 2015, 07:47
Very interesting aircraft for CFS3 !!! Got a while to wait as my old gaming computer bit the dust and now saving up to build a high end gaming rig. So it is easy for me to say take your time . hahaha !:biggrin-new:

Shessi
July 5th, 2015, 09:00
I wondered this morning if someone would comment on that, lol (and I am not English :untroubled:)

Birds = Girls.......a 'boys' slang term used to refer to girls/young women/girlfriends of the time up to the 70's or so...;)

as in...I gave me bird a good groping or in the US..I went to second base with my gal.....I have tears of laughter just writing this...so has my wife (me bird........owww!)

Shessi

Frosty
July 5th, 2015, 11:48
Birds = Girls.......a 'boys' slang term used to refer to girls/young women/girlfriends of the time up to the 70's or so...;)

as in...I gave me bird a good groping or in the US..I went to second base with my gal.....I have tears of laughter just writing this...so has my wife (me bird........owww!)

Shessi

Thanks, I know. Couldn't have missed that bit of UK culture after watching most episodes of 'Bottom'. Just didn't want to comment on Owen's remark myself (as a non-Brit) but wondered if/when someone else would :biggrin-new:. I started my breakfast with a smile that day :adoration:.

Led Zeppelin
July 6th, 2015, 08:35
Thanks John ;-)

HouseHobbit
July 9th, 2015, 19:51
OOOPPS!!

:wink: :wink:

Wink, Wink, say no more. :applause:

HouseHobbit
September 2nd, 2015, 03:03
How is the p-61 coming along??
Inquiring hobbits are very interested.

Old Tiger
September 2nd, 2015, 06:07
How is the p-61 coming along??
Inquiring hobbits are very interested.
:applause: :applause:

:wavey:Inquiring Tigers are very interested also:icon30:

NachtPiloten
September 2nd, 2015, 12:57
Just starting to map the externals, think Steve has done more. :mixed-smiley-010:

HouseHobbit
September 2nd, 2015, 16:06
Thank You all very Much for this..
More rejoicing!!

Led Zeppelin
September 2nd, 2015, 22:08
Thanks for the update!

Old Tiger
September 3rd, 2015, 04:48
Thanks for the update!

:applause::applause:Yes sir very much so.....

sixstrings5859
September 5th, 2015, 02:29
Been doing some research on the web for the P-61 and find it to be a very interesting aircraft. One little note i found out was that the P-61 recorded the last "kill" of WWII. Only a very few survive today.

sdsbolt
September 5th, 2015, 03:44
am working on the gunner stations

flashgordon
September 5th, 2015, 10:45
1st TAD @ North Witham stripped a P-61 of guns and radar, fitted a plexiglass nose, seats and special radios and an Admiral and an Army general used it to relay action on the beaches direct to General Eisenhower's command post @ Southwick House just north of Portsmouth during D-Day and a few days after.

HouseHobbit
September 5th, 2015, 21:31
I have seen several different versions of the P-61, Plexiglas nose,and solid one for the Marines ...
Really looking forward to this bird,
Many thanks..
http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/Visit/MuseumExhibits/FactSheets/Display/tabid/509/Article/196248/northrop-p-61c-black-widow.aspx

some nice cockpit views

gecko
September 6th, 2015, 10:47
Great to hear, I am looking forward to it! Any chance we will see turreted and non-turreted versions? I think the turretless version was more common over Europe and the turret version was mainly in the Pacific, IIRC.

Interestingly, in my research on the Me 163 I found a reference to a P-61 having an encounter with one at night! As far as I know this is the only night sighting of the Komet.

HouseHobbit
September 7th, 2015, 01:25
Great to hear, I am looking forward to it! Any chance we will see turreted and non-turreted versions? I think the turretless version was more common over Europe and the turret version was mainly in the Pacific, IIRC.

Interestingly, in my research on the Me 163 I found a reference to a P-61 having an encounter with one at night! As far as I know this is the only night sighting of the Komet.

Master Gecko, can you send me the info on the Me 163 mission with the P-61, may use it in the missions for this when released.
Hoping for one of the Plexiglas nosed P-61 and solid nosed ones myself. Hint, Hint.
Thanks All very much..

sdsbolt
September 20th, 2015, 04:16
some grainy back seat photo's

http://i1043.photobucket.com/albums/b431/sdsbolt/Shot09-20-15-08-00-22_zpssvmhiwd0.png (http://s1043.photobucket.com/user/sdsbolt/media/Shot09-20-15-08-00-22_zpssvmhiwd0.png.html)

http://i1043.photobucket.com/albums/b431/sdsbolt/Shot09-20-15-08-01-25_zpszyymeufl.png (http://s1043.photobucket.com/user/sdsbolt/media/Shot09-20-15-08-01-25_zpszyymeufl.png.html)

HouseHobbit
September 20th, 2015, 05:06
Too Cool!!
Many Thanks..

hairyspin
September 20th, 2015, 10:23
Smooth work Steve, very nice! :applause: :applause: :applause:

NachtPiloten
September 20th, 2015, 12:54
Just about finished making the texture maps, will post screen shots once I have mapped some of the parts.

gosd
September 20th, 2015, 15:25
This is going to be GREAT!!:applause:
Can't wait:jump::wiggle:

Old Tiger
September 21st, 2015, 04:37
:applause::applause:I wish to thank all involved with the creation of this wonderful plane; it will be a great addition to ETO and especially Rising Sun. Keep up your great work.
Again Thanks:icon30:
Len

HouseHobbit
October 6th, 2015, 12:57
A bumping we will go.
:bump:

Old Tiger
October 10th, 2015, 05:51
Yaser A bumping we will go:bump::bump::bump:!

gosd
July 6th, 2016, 20:17
And what about this one? :bump::bump:

popsaka
July 6th, 2016, 23:47
Heigh-ho the dairy oh... :bump:

NachtPiloten
July 7th, 2016, 06:50
....been rather lazy on this one. I need to do a little here and there and she will be ready for completion. Just have to find where I put that computer of mine.....:banghead:

HouseHobbit
July 10th, 2016, 18:06
Stay away for any computer named HAL 9000..
OOOPPS! :banghead:

sixstrings5859
August 22nd, 2016, 02:58
Just checking on the progress on the P-61. A wonderful addition to CFS3. Thanks,Scott