PDA

View Full Version : A view I would like to share

Dumonceau
May 26th, 2013, 08:51
Two brilliant addons combined in low level high speed: Milviz T-38 and ORBX Wales:

The two combined made my sunday sunny even though the weather over here is gastly! :salute:

Dumonceau

rvn817j
May 26th, 2013, 14:39
Was a coal miner in Pennsylvania, but originally came from Wales. I did not know him well as he died when I was very young. Someday I plan to visit Wales, but, until then the ORBX Wales scenery might suffice. Is the scenery accurate in its representation of the the countryside? Thanks!

IanHenry
May 27th, 2013, 00:10
Was a coal miner in Pennsylvania, but originally came from Wales. I did not know him well as he died when I was very young. Someday I plan to visit Wales, but, until then the ORBX Wales scenery might suffice. Is the scenery accurate in its representation of the the countryside? Thanks!

I have livedall my life in the U.K, I'm about an hours drive from Wales, and to beperfectly honest, I think the Orbx scenery for the U.K is awful, particularly alongthe coast where the field just seem to end and drop into the sea.<o:p></o:p>
There is also absolutelyno regional variation in the colours of the landscape (and the varieties aremassive).<o:p></o:p>
So I was prettydisappointed with their rendition of the <st1:place w:st="on">British Isles</st1:place>.<o:p></o:p>
TheHorizon/Playsims photo scenery is far better, particularly when coupled withthe Earth Simulations Treescapes packpages.<o:p></o:p>
Just my view ofthe situation.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Regards,<o:p></o:p>
Ian.

olderndirt
May 27th, 2013, 16:23
Reminds me of my boyhood 'Rupert' books.

Dumonceau
May 28th, 2013, 07:49

I only remember Wales from exercises during my days in the Army, so only from the ground. I'm no expert on the topology of the country, but to me it seems a lot more realistic than stock FSX, even with UT and GEX/REX.

I've heard and gathered that it is not as accurate as the FTX US and ORBX sceneries, but it suits my needs just fine. In fact, I'm elated by the releases! Can't wait for them to start on continental EU!!

And lets face it: going high speed (360-450 kts) at low level, you're not seeing too many details! LOL!!!

This is of course, just MHO!

Take care,

Dumonceau

rvn817j
May 28th, 2013, 16:35
For your comments. Now contemplating next move.

IanHenry
May 29th, 2013, 00:06
I have to agree that the Orbx U.K scenery does look far better than the FSX default or UT/GEX Europe, it's just to my eyes, you could be anywhere. I do think Orbx could have done a better job of it, and from my understanding, they have no more upgrades planned for it, which is a shame.

Regards,
Ian.