PDA

View Full Version : Adding the Nimitz as stationary scenery

uniform7
May 18th, 2013, 14:29
Can anybody direct me to where I can fiind out how to convert or add the uss_nimitz_ike_version2.zip to the ADE object Library so I can plce it wherever I like. I'm kin of lost on where to start. Something about using the mdl file? I have the carrier models installed and use them as ai ships.

fsafranek
May 18th, 2013, 15:25
Can anybody direct me to where I can fiind out how to convert or add the uss_nimitz_ike_version2.zip to the ADE object Library so I can plce it wherever I like. I'm kin of lost on where to start. Something about using the mdl file? I have the carrier models installed and use them as ai ships.
I don't know if you can. As you said in your question it is an MDL file. That means it is a sim object, not a scenery object. Scenery, static things, are BGL format. But maybe there is a way?
:ernae:

uniform7
May 18th, 2013, 17:05
People are telling me to use the Nimitz carrier but don't tell me how. I want to use it for an ai airport carrier which I have already done using a default carrier (below) in the ADE library. Yes, it's a working airport. I know it's a small picture but I have four AI aircraft coming and going every fifteen minutes.

strikehawk
May 18th, 2013, 17:17
Try here, the boat is already a static object so all you need to do is place it......

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=10234286

It might also be at AVSIM or Simviation, just search Nimitz and you should find it at those places too.

(http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=10234286)

PutPut
May 18th, 2013, 18:22
Perhaps I am missing something here, but if you have the .mdl file and then write a xml placement file you can use bglcomp to create a .bgl file (static object) where the xml file says you want it. My FSX model of the USS Saratoga (CV-3) came with a .bgl file for just off Honolulu and I provided a .mdl file and xml file so you could put it anywhere you want. It is saravx.zip at flightsim and simviation if you want to see what I did.

Best, Paul