PDA

View Full Version : I'm looking for something...

CBris
January 11th, 2009, 02:29
Technically this is not FSX, but I know there are a lot of readers old enough...

Does anyone remember the days of real paper? When the first flightsim packs had those VERY useful manuals included in the box. I recall those early MSFS packs had some excellent, well written flying lessons for IFR flying and generally annoying the locals around Meigs field. I really miss those "lessons" now - I need to refresh on nav using ADF, OBS and all the rest - I have been a "butterfly" for too long, and don't fly IFR nearly as much as I used to.

Does anyone still have a copy? Maybe even scanned in or a printable version of those early MSFS flying lessons?

I hate "on screen" documents...

I don't simply dislike them, I abhor them as they spoil any use of the sim for one thing and the position of on-screen reading is not good for the eyes (especially mine)

Maybe someone knows something? Thanks.

IanP
January 11th, 2009, 04:05
You could always buy an AFE or someone else's real-world IFR flying book, Chris? Most local flying clubs, aviation shops or even the larger booksellers carry AFE flight training books in the UK - I'm sure there'll be an equivalent in Germany?

Ian P.

Dangerous Beans
January 11th, 2009, 04:14
Get yourself a copy of Microsoft Flight Simulator X For Pilots: Real World Training
http://eu.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-0764588222.html
You should be able to pick it up at most of the larger book shops or online.

Mathias
January 11th, 2009, 04:17
I'm currently holding the FS2000 250 pages "real paper" manual in my hands.
It has an extensive chapter "Lernen Sie fliegen mit Rod Machado" :costumes:
You're in Germany, right?
If so and you'd be interested in a German language version I could borrow it to your for some time, granted you return it to me.

CBris
January 11th, 2009, 04:26
I am in Germany and I can read German adequately - no, very good in fact, but I would much rather keep an eye open for the old sub-logic handbook.

Mind you... those other pointers look very good too! Thanks peeps.

Mathias
January 11th, 2009, 04:34
Rgr that. :welcome: