PDA

View Full Version : Just felt the mood...

bearcat241
January 10th, 2009, 23:07
...to share this photo. I'm just a carrier ops nut under the skin and full deck shots like this one just makes me......:bananapowerslide:

F9F Cougars, F2H Banshees and AD Skyraiders on the USS Oriskany's deck...the good old days of the 50's gunfighters

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v85/bearcat241/Demo%20shots/777px.jpg

Pen32Win
January 10th, 2009, 23:57
Very Cool Shot BC....

Bill Kestell
January 11th, 2009, 08:25
:friday:Oh sure ... but somebody should get a gig for not lining them up in numerical order.:faint:

Jean Bomber
January 11th, 2009, 09:20
.....of another deck.

Please don't :kilroy:......no.........:barf:

bearcat241
January 11th, 2009, 09:49
Please don't :kilroy:......no.........:barf:

yep...that scene in the first two would make anybody carry a barf bag

TARPSBird
January 11th, 2009, 14:56
In the second pic the carrier appeared to be in about a 13-15 degree roll. Not a big deal for destroyer sailors but I bet there were some scared airdales on that ship. :eek: Not to mention injuries from loose gear that wasn't properly tied down.

MaskRider
January 11th, 2009, 15:06
Here's a nice one.
CVLG-30 AC aboard the USS Monterey (CVL-26), December 1943, Gilbert Islands operations.

Shadow Wolf 07
January 11th, 2009, 15:19
...and of course we all know this one:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/dc/Army_B-25_%28Doolittle_Raid%29.jpg

Jerm
January 11th, 2009, 15:56
well i'll add to this to keep it going

PSULLYKEYS
January 11th, 2009, 16:32
Good stuff..here's a few more...

miamieagle
January 11th, 2009, 16:45
I like them all. Carriers Opps is one kool aspect in World war two Aviation.Especialy since the enemy had the same capability!

It just made everything more interesting!

Ravenna
January 11th, 2009, 17:05
Great shot BC. It reminds me of a post-Christmas clearance sale!

bearcat241
January 11th, 2009, 20:07
Nice party guys...thanks for comin'....:ernae:

Hey Chris, thanks for the new PTO splashscreen....all's i need now is my little paint proggy for some MSCFS2 logo work!

Ravenna, about that :bump:.....don't remind me, LOL....i was takin' a little unplanned vacation from the workshop ---> :rapture:

Collin
January 11th, 2009, 23:17
Good stuff..here's a few more...

Like the one of the start of Pedestal convoy.

regards Collin:applause:

hewman100
January 12th, 2009, 02:22

regards Collin:applause:

Indeed! Not often you see three RN carriers in one shot.

bearcat241
January 12th, 2009, 07:24

Yep...it could be just that...and with those Hurricanes and Spits it could also be a ferry run to the SEAC or Norway.

CrashnBurns
January 12th, 2009, 10:41
Those pictures look great. Has anything like that been done for CFS2? I know we have had carrier decks with other a/c, but has anyone made an Enterprise (for example) with the player spotted just aft of the island and the area behind him parked the rest of the strike package?

Similarly, don't the returning a/c get spotted forward after they land? So wouldn't there be a full forward deck when I'm trying to land, unless I'm first, that is.

Could there be an Enterprise-launch with a/c to the rear and an Enterprise-recover with a/c toward the bow? Could you use them in the same mission just strategically place them so you can't see one from the other to get the full experience?

Granted, I have no idea how to do any of this. Just came to mind from these pictures.

Crash

PSULLYKEYS
January 12th, 2009, 12:10
All: The caption for the Brit Carrier shot was: "Victorious carrying Hurricanes, with Indomitable and Eagle and three Dido cruisers Phoebe Sirius and Charybdis."

Also some more Brit pix for your enjoyment:

The one with F6F is "Operation Tungsten- the carrier strike on Tirpitz. Hellcats on the Emperor, followed by the Furious, Searcher and Pursuer.

The one with the Hurricane in the foreground is of Pedestal taken from the Victorious. Note the barrier up on the Indomitable.

Finally "Corsairs aboard Victorious" - probably a BPF (British Pacific Fleet) photo with a King George V class BB and another carrier in the distance...

Enjoy!!

hewman100
January 13th, 2009, 01:36
Alright Psully, there must be one of 5 RN carriers out there.:typing: I don't think I seen that 'Tungsten' pic before

Collin
January 13th, 2009, 10:28
Yep...it could be just that...and with those Hurricanes and Spits it could also be a ferry run to the SEAC or Norway.

Nah...no spits there and the occifers are in their "white's".:wave:

regards Collin