PDA

View Full Version : Old Alphasim models

Pat Pattle
May 8th, 2013, 03:24
A few years ago Alphasim made some of their source models available, with their original site down does anyone know if they're still available?

Alphasim is making available the complete source files for a number of their aircraft add-ons for customers to alter as they wish. As far as I’m aware, this is a first from an add-on developer and is an interesting move.
New Store Section added : ‘GMax Source Files’ ! The complete source files for the following models can now be purchased and used to make your own variations (and improvements !) :

C-130 Hercules (12 C-130 variants, including Spectre, C-130J, stretched Herc, ski-equipped LC-130 and a low-poly AI version as well as several CFS2-specific models).
P-51D Mustang
Armstrong-Whitworth Whitley
CF-100 Canuck
CF-105 Arrow
Handley-Page Halifax Mk.3 (includes Halton, C.8 and AI model)
Kawanishi ‘Mavis’ flying boat
Vickers Wellington (inlcudes Mk.1, Mk.2 and Mk.3, plus AI)

gosd
May 8th, 2013, 06:50
Take care this file is infected with a virus.

Pat Pattle
May 9th, 2013, 23:09
There was no file gosd, it was a dead link to their site.

I've found all the old fs02/cfs2/fs9 models which are now freeware: http://www.virtavia.com/Freeware/index.php

I've converted some of the mdl's from these to 3ds using modelconverterx (for my own future use), there's some useful stuff here such as the Lockheed Harpoon which could become a Hudson with a bit of work and also a mk47 Seafire :)

The list also contains a lot of paintkits too.

sdsbolt
May 10th, 2013, 03:26
I've converted some of the mdl's from these to 3ds using modelconverterx (for my own future use)

well I notice the copywrites are pretty open so maybe someday we'll get a spin :wiggle:

Pat Pattle
May 10th, 2013, 03:33
well I notice the copywrites are pretty open so maybe someday we'll get a spin :wiggle:

This is from the readme of the Gypsy Moth but I think it applies to all models (will check):
COPYRIGHT INFORMATION
These files are freeware. Please amend/distribute as you see fit.
They are unsupported, so please do not e-mail us if you have problems.
Under no circumstances may these files be sold or uploaded to a payware site or any kind of illegal warez site.

I would think that means that we can convert them and distribute as freeware.

sdsbolt
May 10th, 2013, 03:56
I would think that means that we can convert them and distribute as freeware.

I've done a lot of work on the Beaufort based on that assumption.

mongoose
May 10th, 2013, 07:10
I have noted quite a lot of interesting aircraft there.
Beaufighter
Hampden
Halifax
Whitly
Wellington

Not that I am even a little partial to bombers ( :wiggle: ) but does anyone know
- how they compare with any current CFS3 versions?
- how easy (for the right guy) to convert??

Pat Pattle
May 10th, 2013, 08:49
I've done a lot of work on the Beaufort based on that assumption.

Excellent! I think that seals t then. :)

I have noted quite a lot of interesting aircraft there.
Beaufighter
Hampden
Halifax
Whitly
Wellington

Not that I am even a little partial to bombers ( :wiggle: ) but does anyone know
- how they compare with any current CFS3 versions?
- how easy (for the right guy) to convert??

There's not a lot that we don't have already and what we do have is pretty bloomin' fantastic, especally the Wellington and Halifaxes - albeit the Halifax is a little wrong around the starboard cockpit side.

Not easy to convert but do-able. I wish I'd seen their Tiggie before embarking on my model, it's much better!

gecko
May 10th, 2013, 10:50
I wish I'd seen their Tiggie before embarking on my model, it's much better!

Hows that one coming? Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

mongoose
May 10th, 2013, 13:43
There's not a lot that we don't have already and what we do have is pretty bloomin' fantastic, especally the Wellington and Halifaxes - albeit the Halifax is a little wrong around the starboard cockpit side.

Not easy to convert but do-able. I wish I'd seen their Tiggie before embarking on my model, it's much better!

Well Ted et al have done great work on the Lanc/Hali/Wimpy but I think the Stirling/Whitly/Hampden could still be improved.

Pat Pattle
May 11th, 2013, 02:00
Well Ted et al have done great work on the Lanc/Hali/Wimpy but I think the Stirling/Whitly/Hampden could still be improved.

yes that's true, trouble is the number of modellers active in cfs3 can be counted on one hand I think. :(

Here's the Alphasim B17G in gmax. Took about an hour to get this far, this will become one of the taxiing a/c models.
Some convert better than others, this one's not bad, just missing the props.

These models also come with crews which could be used elsewhere in cfs3.

MajorMagee
May 11th, 2013, 05:31
The Mavis would be worth having as a target too.

Pat Pattle
May 14th, 2013, 10:47
The Mavis would be worth having as a target too.

Yes that ones converted ok, too many models and too little time at the moment! :( Maybe one we can come back to sometime if someone was prepared to do all the files required.

Pat Pattle
May 14th, 2013, 11:58
Yes!!! :jump::jump::jump: Thank you Alphasim!

http://imageshack.us/a/img17/7941/alphasimbulldogcfs3.jpg

pete1
May 15th, 2013, 02:05
That looks tremendous!,really looking forward to this,the Master and the Harrow.

NachtPiloten
May 15th, 2013, 04:16
There was no file gosd, it was a dead link to their site.

I've found all the old fs02/cfs2/fs9 models which are now freeware: http://www.virtavia.com/Freeware/index.php

I've converted some of the mdl's from these to 3ds using modelconverterx (for my own future use), there's some useful stuff here such as the Lockheed Harpoon which could become a Hudson with a bit of work and also a mk47 Seafire :)

The list also contains a lot of paintkits too.

Clive - could you be a champ and send me the b17 in gamx? Would it be too much to ask to get the Harpoon too?

Ted

Pat Pattle
May 15th, 2013, 05:56
Hi Ted,

Would be a pleasure, will get them over to you in the next day or so.

Anything else there take your fancy?

Clive

hairyspin
May 15th, 2013, 12:23
If you want photos of a Hudson, I have some from the RAF museum Hendon's Mk.III. Drop me a PM if you want 'em

Pat Pattle
May 15th, 2013, 13:03
Do we have an HE115 in cfs3? I can't find one and there's a useable CFS1 Alphasim model which I have.

At present working on the Bulldog, then there's a Hart, Hind, Felixstowe and Heyford ripe for conversion too. :)

gecko
May 15th, 2013, 13:18
Would love to see a 115, don't think we have one yet.

Pat Pattle
May 15th, 2013, 21:27
This is the beastie, would make a good ai model once the animation and props are sorted.
Anyone care to take it on? :)

pete1
May 15th, 2013, 22:59
I vaguely remember seeing a g-max screenie of a He-115 a while ago,it may have been from Matias,but I'm sure I also remember seeing a Walrus,Ar-126,P-61,Mavis,Jill and a long time ago a Fury or Hart,Banshee and Hunter.The between the wars stuff is fascinating,can't wait for the Bulldog!.

Pat Pattle
May 16th, 2013, 03:21
I vaguely remember seeing a g-max screenie of a He-115 a while ago,it may have been from Matias,but I'm sure I also remember seeing a Walrus,Ar-126,P-61,Mavis,Jill and a long time ago a Fury or Hart,Banshee and Hunter.The between the wars stuff is fascinating,can't wait for the Bulldog!.

Yes I think you're right Pete now I come to think about it, definatley have seen Mathias' Walrus model and someone had a nearly finished Fury/Hart.

The Bulldog is coming along quite quickly, it's great being able to start with an almost complete fully textured model! am working on the 'pit at present then need to add damageboxes, emmiters, end caps and Lods. Shouldn't be more than a few weeks. :) I want to get their set of pre war RAF types up and flying.

pete1
May 16th, 2013, 11:31
That's fantastic news Pat,looking forward to flying out of Kenley in a Bulldog or re-enacting the Hendon Air Pageants of the 1930's.

gecko
May 16th, 2013, 11:51
That Heinkel looks like it will make a nice target! Will be nice to round out the Luftwaffe's line up for the BoB.