PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else using a GTX650 Card?

falcon409
May 1st, 2013, 18:47
I am not able to get the dual monitors up. I had the 630 plugged in while I tried to figure out the Video Card problem I was having and the dual setup worked fine. I replaced the 630 withthe new 650 and the dual setup went away. The NVidia control panel recognizes that I have two monitors but the second one has "No Signal" (yes it is plugged in, lol). Just wondering if anyone else has run into this before.

Thanks!

Stefano Zibell
May 1st, 2013, 19:09
Try holding down that windows logo key on the keyboard and hitting P until you get the "extended" option. Seems obvious, but maybe you haven't tried that yet...

falcon409
May 1st, 2013, 19:17
Try holding down that windows logo key on the keyboard and hitting P until you get the "extended" option. Seems obvious, but maybe you haven't tried that yet...
Sorry, never heard of that and it doesn't do anything. After searching online....it appears that this video card will be going back. It has two connections, but only one of them is analog...the other is a DVI-D connector and requires a converter (for only $179.95)to convert the digital signal to analog.

Naismith
May 1st, 2013, 23:57
Wow! a new one on me too. It must be a Windows thing as opposed to a specific card thing as I have an ATi. :sheep:

OleBoy
May 2nd, 2013, 04:02
This should fix you up.
I think what you need Ed, is one of these. https://www.google.com/search?q=analog+to+DVI+adapter&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

falcon409
May 2nd, 2013, 04:18
Thought so too, but there is a difference. The general converter that you get with most video cards adapts from a DVI-1 to VGA. . .this GTX650 card has a DVI-D receptor and the converter for that is $179.00. The normal converter (like those you reference) won't convert Digital (which is what the DVI-D plug-in does) to analog.

Reddog
May 2nd, 2013, 05:06
Ed does your monitors support digital? if so all u need is the cable, about 5 to 10 bucks at NewEgg. I had the same problem with a 660 card I bought but both my monitors could use either so that was ok.

wombat666
May 2nd, 2013, 05:08
What make and model GTX650???
There are many variations out there.
:kilroy:

falcon409
May 2nd, 2013, 05:45
What make and model GTX650???
There are many variations out there.
:kilroy:
Yep, I found that out when I googled GTX650.. .I got three different versions I think. Mine is the plain (original release) GTX650.

falcon409
May 2nd, 2013, 06:03
Ed does your monitors support digital? if so all u need is the cable, about 5 to 10 bucks at NewEgg. I had the same problem with a 660 card I bought but both my monitors could use either so that was ok.
Nope Analog Only. . .even continued searches online only produce the same results. . .a true DVI-D to VGA converter is $150+. I feel another trip to Fry's in Plano is in my future, lol.