PDA

View Full Version : TuFun's Howard 500

FSX68
April 29th, 2013, 16:53
Thanks TF for a very nice Howard 500. Is this a complete makeover from the ground up? I like the R2800 sounds, awsome :applause:
Also, I like uncle miltons green and yellow checker paint; will his texture work with your files or will you come up with a green and yellow texture like he did?
I like how you put your monogram on the back seat, nice touch there. Kinda reminds me of Overhaulin' TV Show with Chip Foose, he would put his logo on the
wheel covers.

link to download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=6&linkid=16306

Works in FSX with no FPS hits for me.

TuFun
April 29th, 2013, 17:00
One of the textures was incorrect format for FS9. I've corrected that and the previous version doesn't effect FSX only FS9.

I've also put my logo on the main door of both models... so if your moving about the rear cabins, you'll see them.

I did a mockup of the TP Howard, but I need alot more detail to do it right. I'm going to try to contact Tony P. to see if he can help in that department, since he owns two of them.

I'm looking at 4k resolution on that bird. I want to push the realism further. Until then, enjoy the "artist" rendition versions.

Note: Early paints will need to modified to work, mainly because of the all new tail section.

Adam Murphy did an excellent job on those R-2800 sounds. The "about the R-2800 sounds.txt" will give you more info on his work.

Mach3DS
April 29th, 2013, 17:05
So, is this also for FSX then?

TuFun
April 29th, 2013, 17:22
So, is this also for FSX then?

I fly it in FSX and was developed in FSX, but it's not an FSX native model. Most of Milton's aircraft work in FSX.

TuFun
April 29th, 2013, 19:10
Thanks TF for a very nice Howard 500. Is this a complete makeover from the ground up? I like the R2800 sounds, awsome :applause:
Also, I like uncle miltons green and yellow checker paint; will his texture work with your files or will you come up with a green and yellow texture like he did?
I like how you put your monogram on the back seat, nice touch there. Kinda reminds me of Overhaulin' TV Show with Chip Foose, he would put his logo on the
wheel covers.

Several month ago I was working on the checker beauty, but needs a great deal of work. More research need to be done, which I will pursue later on this year. Right now other things need my attention.

Like I said, I want this beautiful aircraft to like the original as much as possible within the confines of this model!

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2013/04/29/A2ms0.jpg

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2013/04/29/15NVx.jpg

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2013/04/29/ny9Y.jpg

Flyboy208
April 29th, 2013, 19:29
Ted, so thankful for all of your countless efforts here, can't wait to fly her ! Mike :salute:

greenie
April 29th, 2013, 21:33
Thank you TF , you have just made my day . :) ...a long time favourite . Look forward to all improvements here . Thanks

Anneke
April 29th, 2013, 22:14
Wow that's quite a refurbishment of this great old lady!! Thanks!

stansdds
April 30th, 2013, 02:10
:applause::applause::applause::applause:

big-mike
April 30th, 2013, 11:08
Thank you very much for this Howard,TF.
The sound is awesome and it looks great.
Much fun to fly
Michael

FSX68
April 30th, 2013, 11:19
Several month ago I was working on the checker beauty, but needs a great deal of work. More research need to be done, which I will pursue later on this year. Right now other things need my attention.

Like I said, I want this beautiful aircraft to like the original as much as possible within the confines of this model!

I tried using textures that was redone for FSX in DDS files (a version redone for FSX by M. Allen Richards), and adding that texture folder to your folder and adjustment to your aircraft.cfg for the calls make for your sound and panels. It's looked to be 95% flyable xcept for the black windows and black tail section. Dunno if you know Allen Richards. It almost worked, didn't have the startup
exhaust effects, smoke yes. A little jaggy on the exterior black trim lines. No changes were made to exterior textures so that explains the jaggy lines. Close but no cigar. Took them out and just
installed them into seperate folder.

expat
April 30th, 2013, 12:24
Ted,

Thanks so much for giving all of us this step by step enjoyment of your very special talent and then sharing the results. One of my very favorite FSX aircrafts is now that much better. I had been hoping you would release the TP checker version first but seeing that "patience does have its reward" (as my parents used to say) I will wait with patience for your work to complete that paint!

Thanks again and congratulations! :salute:

expat

TuFun
April 30th, 2013, 13:56
For those like me who fly the Howard in FSX... add this for a smoother prop action, especially on shutdown, this will spin slower.

In the aircraft.cfg under all [fltsim.x] models, add "prop_anim_ratio=1.10"

Example...

[fltsim.0]
title = TFF X1024C
sim = Howard 500
model = H-500C
panel = vc
sound =r2800
texture = TFF X1024C
panel_alias =
sound_alias =kb_checklists = HW500_CHECK
kb_reference = Howard_500_ref
atc_id = TFF H-500C
atc_id_color = 0xffffffff
atc_parking_types = RAMP
atc_parking_code = 1
ui_manufacturer = Howard Aero Inc
ui_type = H-500 CARGO
ui_variation = CARGO
prop_anim_ratio=1.10 <------ add this

Milton Shupe
April 30th, 2013, 16:23
I tried using textures that was redone for FSX in DDS files (a version redone for FSX by M. Allen Richards), and adding that texture folder to your folder and adjustment to your aircraft.cfg for the calls make for your sound and panels. It's looked to be 95% flyable xcept for the black windows and black tail section. Dunno if you know Allen Richards. It almost worked, didn't have the startup
exhaust effects, smoke yes. A little jaggy on the exterior black trim lines. No changes were made to exterior textures so that explains the jaggy lines. Close but no cigar. Took them out and just
installed them into seperate folder.

For clarification, TuFun is using a specially designed model and mapping changes just for his paint schemes and that model is not compatible with any other repaints.

Flyboy208
April 30th, 2013, 17:07
Thanks for that Milton, sure it will save many the hassle of trying to get pre-existing repaints to work. Mike :salute:

TuFun
April 30th, 2013, 18:16
There you go... that explains the difference... thanks Milton. There's some really good schemes, but for now I'm really into this one. This where she sits before I go on a long summer vacation! ;)

Much work to be done... some of the lines are ragged, no, no for me! :eek:

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2013/04/30/f9Zwx.jpg

Playing around with reflections as you can see the cowls on the fuselage.

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2013/04/30/acAL5.jpg

I was looking at the wheels, early repainted version.

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2013/04/30/EdQrI.jpg

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2013/04/30/0gCXa.jpg

FSX68
April 30th, 2013, 18:29
There you go... that explains the difference... thanks Milton. There's some really good schemes, but for now I'm really into this one. This where she sits before I go on a long summer vacation! ;)

Much work to be done... some of the lines are ragged, no, no for me! :eek:

Playing around with reflections as you can see the cowls on the fuselage.

I was looking at the wheels, early repainted version.

Looks nice TF, my favorite texture for the 500. You have a nice vacation and enjoy. see ya soon and be safe out there. :engel016:

AussieMan
April 30th, 2013, 19:01
What you are saying Ted is that there is no chance of us getting a copy of the Green and gold colour scheme you are using.

Would love to fly in something other than the grey version that was released.

Even a paint kit would be helpful.

Flyboy208
April 30th, 2013, 19:21
I must say Ted, no complaints from me .... very happy on this end ... just flew her for a bit ... Major Wow Factor !!!! Mike :applause:

TuFun
April 30th, 2013, 19:45
What you are saying Ted is that there is no chance of us getting a copy of the Green and gold colour scheme you are using.

Would love to fly in something other than the grey version that was released.

Even a paint kit would be helpful.

Following my vacation, this will be my first priority, but will be HD only for the clarity I want for the TP Howard. You will appreciate the wait once it's finished. As it is now, it's not ready according to my standards. Milton put in a special effort for me, and I shall do the same in return. Hope that's cool with you. -TF

TuFun
April 30th, 2013, 19:56
Looks nice TF, my favorite texture for the 500. You have a nice vacation and enjoy. see ya soon and be safe out there. :engel016:

Thanks... mine too! Be well my friend and my God bless your father and keep watch over him. -Ted

dvj
April 30th, 2013, 22:00
I'd release what you have. It can always be updated when you have more time. I think there are a bunch of guys here ready to turn blue, holding their breath waiting for the checkered version - including me. Enjoy your time off. What you have done so far is quite excellent.

http://imageshack.us/a/img827/5653/howard500.jpg