PDA

View Full Version : New software for TrackIR

1PanzerLAH
April 28th, 2013, 10:05
I had been running FSX and OFF under Win7-64 and updated the drivers for TrackIR to the new 5.2.2 and everything seems fine. After I loaded CFS3 (and performed the two req system updates) to my XP HD and down loaded the same 5.2.2 Natural Point drivers, the video is very "jerky" and almost like in slow motion. Just wondering if anyone else running XP has updated their TrackIR drivers and experienced problems?

Regards,

PS. My video card is ATI 5850 1GB, system processor is Intel i7 860 @2800 MHZ, with 8 GB RAM, MOB is ASUS P7P55D. 24" ASUS monitor @ 1920x1080 (native res). I looked for any previous posts regarding this issue, if I missed it....please point the way.

mongoose
April 28th, 2013, 11:17
Haven't updated Track IR 5.1 and running AMD 6800 cards but no problem....so far!

MajorMagee
April 28th, 2013, 16:22
I have 5.2 running in Win 7 with CFS3 and it works just fine.

Capt. Winters
April 28th, 2013, 21:00
Hi Panzer,

before you updated TrakIR was your video performance OK, or did you update TrackIR before trying out CFS3 after initial install on your XP system.

If you disable TrakIR and fly CFS3 is it still jerky?

Is your XP system a dual/multi core system or single core? if it is a multi core system theres a work around for how CFS3 works with Multi core systems. without this work around you will get a very jerky appearance.

regards Rob.

1PanzerLAH
April 30th, 2013, 08:02
Hey guys, thanks for the feedback....

The Intel i7 is a Dual Core processor. CFS3 worked fine B4 I loaded TrackIR and FSX and OFF run great under Win7-64 with the same TrackIR drivers. Could someone please point me to the work-around for the Dual-Core needed for XP and CFS3?

Much obliged...

1PanzerLAH
April 30th, 2013, 09:36
Capt. Winter's remark about there being a "work around", started the old grears in the helmut rack turning and I took a chance on updating the MS DirectX files through Windows Update. After I downloaded and installed said files, CFS3 flies great with TrackIR and it's new 5.2.2 software. Maybe keep this fix on file in case others encounter the same problem.

ndicki
May 1st, 2013, 11:24
Without being able to go into much detail, I reinstalled it recently after reformatting my C drive, and the exe file was HUGE compared to the previous version I'd been running. It took most of my processor power and was terribly jerky and unhelpful where the previous version had been light and responsive. I can't tell you more because I deleted the lot, exe included, and haven't bothered to reinstall it again yet.

Windows XP SP3, P4 2.8C, 1.5GB RAM etc, etc. Stop laughing.

Capt. Winters
May 1st, 2013, 15:58
Hi Panzer,

the work around involves editing the affinity setting for the executable file. Basically forcing CFS3 to use just one of the cores instead of multiple. I know that sounds bad but it has no precievable effect on how the game runs. I have the instructions somewhere I'll try to find them for you.

regards Rob.

MajorMagee
May 1st, 2013, 18:03
I use Process Lasso to limit it to using two out of four processors.

ndicki
May 2nd, 2013, 07:35
On the strength of this, I've reinstalled first v4, which was atrocious, and then v5.22, which is scarcely better. Jerky and unresponsive... Admittedly, I tested it with SF2 rather than CFS, but still.